Another snake ID question

bubba45

Found this tiny fellow on the walkway near the garden.  Really small, this is best I could do with photos.  Checked several sites and I can't tell if this is a banded wolf snake or a Malayan krait.  Malayan krait = not good!!  First shot shows it coiled up against the wall.  I tapped it with a broom and it started moving.  I left, and when I came back later it had returned to the exact same spot against the wall.  I left again, then went downstairs a bit later and it had moved, but was still coiled up against the wall.  I wanted to get a picture of it uncoiled, so again I tapped it with the straw of the broom.  It didn't want to move, so I kept tapping it and it seemed to get really pissed and finally started moving.  It sorta jumped and arched it's head up like it was looking for something to attack.  It moved off into the garden.  It was so small I could have easily smashed it with my shoe. 

I'm assuming regardless of what it is, it was not born alone, so there's probably others?  Funny thing is I've seen no snakes around here for a long time.  Which I found odd.  Anyway, any educated guesses as to whether this appears to be a Malayan krait?

Thanks!

PS:  for the record, I'm in Mae Rim, just outside Chiang Mai.

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

Thanks for the responses.  If I can follow up - since this snake was so small, I would think it hasn't traveled far.  I was under the impression snakes usually have a good number of offspring.  Might I, or shouldn't I see more of these around that part of the garden if this is true?

Archived