Help with translation please

Kim Vave

I think I have the gist of this, which goes something like this, Factors pertaining to services that affect the decision making process in tutoring schools in Trang province, but I'm probably way of the mark which is why I need some help. I also have no idea of what ""บ้านครู" means in this context.

ปัจจัยส่วนประสมทางการบริการทึ่ส่งผลต่อกระบวนการต้ดสินไจไนบริการโรงเรี่ยนกวดวิชา "บ้านครู" จังหวัต ตรัง

โรงเรียนกาดวิชา is private tutoring Two students talking:
Q. ไปไหน
A. ไปบ้านครู
So private tutoring is commonly referred to as บ้านครู

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I think I have the gist of this, which goes something like this, Factors pertaining to services that affect the decision making process in tutoring schools in Trang province, but I'm probably way of the mark which is why I need some help. I also have no idea of what ""บ้านครู" means in this context.

ปัจจัยส่วนประสมทางการบริการทึ่ส่งผลต่อกระบวนการต้ดสินไจไนบริการโรงเรี่ยนกวดวิชา "บ้านครู" จังหวัต ตรัง

Puzzling isn't it?
At least we can dispense with a long noun and call the schools 'crammers'.
I start at the back and work forward.
กระบวนการตัดสินใจในบริการบ้านครู making a decision in บริการ (providing)a crammer
My dictionary has ปัจจัย and เห็ตุ as interchangeable and every เห็ตุ has a ผล so ปัจจัยส่งผล I can't see ที่ as serving any purpose but people tend to use it, perhaps in a heading or title where further mention is made in the text.
Opening a crammer would be in response to conditions in Dtrang.
(ปัจจัยที่เกิดผลในจังหวัตตรัง)
I don't know if my bracketed Thai is valid or whether I am converting English to Thai when I do things like that. ประโยชน์ springs to mind.
Is that any help in tidying up the translation?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, tgeezer said:

โรงเรียนกาดวิชา is private tutoring Two students talking:
Q. ไปไหน
A. ไปบ้านครู
So private tutoring is commonly referred to as บ้านครู

Ah yes thankyou, good to know the colloquial terms because you often can't find them in a dictionary.

2 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Puzzling isn't it?
At least we can dispense with a long noun and call the schools 'crammers'.
I start at the back and work forward.
กระบวนการตัดสินใจในบริการบ้านครู making a decision in บริการ (providing)a crammer
My dictionary has ปัจจัย and เห็ตุ as interchangeable and every เห็ตุ has a ผล so ปัจจัยส่งผล I can't see ที่ as serving any purpose but people tend to use it, perhaps in a heading or title where further mention is made in the text.
Opening a crammer would be in response to conditions in Dtrang.
(ปัจจัยที่เกิดผลในจังหวัตตรัง)
I don't know if my bracketed Thai is valid or whether I am converting English to Thai when I do things like that. ประโยชน์ springs to mind.
Is that any help in tidying up the translation? 

In this case I think ปัจจัย refers to factors because they have provided a sample text and translation which you can see below,

ปัจจัยที่มีผลต่อการตัดสินไจของผู้บริโภคในการเลือกใช้บริการภัตตาคารคร้วการบินไทย

Factors Affecting Decision Making on Consumers' Selection of the Service of THAI Catering Restaurant.

So as you can see it is a title, which you observed before. Also I think the English translation is not what a native speaker would use, particularly the last phrase.

Back to the original statement I find it difficult to incorporate the word, ประสม in the English translation.

I think pertaining to is fine for ประสม which means รวมกันเข้า

Regarding ปัจจัยที่มีผลต่อการตัดสินไจของผู้บริโภคในการเลือกใช้บริการภัตตาคารคร้วการบินไทย

Factors Affecting Decision Making on Consumers' Selection of the Service of THAI Catering Restaurant.

It is unnecessary to include both decision making and selection.

I would translate it as : Factors Affecting Consumers' Choice Regarding THAI Catering Restaurants.

I'm assuming there are more than one restaurant- so it must be plural.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Regarding ปัจจัยที่มีผลต่อการตัดสินไจของผู้บริโภคในการเลือกใช้บริการภัตตาคารคร้วการบินไทย

I would translate it as : Factors Affecting Consumers' Choice Regarding THAI Catering Restaurants.

Yes thankyou that is a much better translation.

21 hours ago, Kim Vave said:

ปัจจัยส่วนประสมทางการบริการทึ่ส่งผลต่อกระบวนการต้ดสินไจไนบริการโรงเรี่ยนกวดวิชา "บ้านครู" จังหวัต

I have tidied up this translation thus,

Factors affecting the provision of Tutoring Schools in Trang Province.

or

Factors that affect the decision to provide services to Tutoring Schools in Trang Province.

What do you think?

It is all a question of parlance, I don’t use ‘factor’ much in my speech and ‘selection’ is not how I would put การตัดสินใจในการเลือก in the first instance when I would be trying to be as true to the Thai as I could be. This has the advantage of us being able to agree as to the role and meaning of each word. I defer to those who use a Thai-English dictionary where my word differs, ปัจจัย for example.

I am not sure how to translate ต่อ in ผลต่อ and /or ส่งผลต่อ so I am saying ‘extend to.

Factors which has effect extended to decision making of diners in choosing to use service (of) restaurant Kitchen Thai Airways.

The sort of ปัจจัย which I think might apply are convenience, variety of food, cost etc.

Did you notice that the ‘official translation’ uses THAI rather than การบินไทย ?

I have tidied up this translation thus,

Factors affecting the provision of Tutoring Schools in Trang Province.
or
Factors that affect the decision to provide services to Tutoring Schools in Trang Province.

What do you think?

ปัจจัยส่วนประสมทางการบริการ is a compound noun. ที่ is the pronoun for it so you are looking for a combination of words describing factor. That means that the English will end with factor.
Using Google translate ส่วนประสม comes up as mixture put เค็กส่วนประสม =‘cake mixture’ but only mix factor appears for what we want. Then ทางการบริการ has to be added to the mix!
So starting at the end. The way of providing service mix factor.
Could that be Service provision factors ที่ which... ? ประสม could also be additional, รวม is to combine together maybe it is “additional service provision factors” or” bringing together service provision factors, combining etc.
I see that you have gone for ‘factors, and ignored the rest, good idea. ส่งผลต่อ is where it says affecting the decision making process ใน (in) and this must be a noun ‘tutoring schools service’ most of which you had in your first post.
What sort of factors might these be? Students failing exams, availability of teachers, ability to make profit etc.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived