Rayong mother alleges teacher beat son with metal ruler

webfact

Rayong mother alleges teacher beat son with metal ruler

By The Nation

mr.jpg

FILE photo

A Rayong mother on Tuesday filed a complaint with police, alleging that a teacher had beaten her son with a metal ruler because he could not catch up with friends in reading in class.

The 24-year-old mother, Thassanee (surname withheld), showed police her son’s bruised right shoulder during a class after the lunch break.

She alleged that her son’s class master at a school in Rayong’s Muang district used a metal ruler to hit the boy on his face, arms, body and shoulder.

The shoulder was the most injured as the ruler hit a bone, she said.

The mother said the boy’s grandmother first noticed the bruise after taking off the six-year-old’s shirt when he arrived home.

Questioning the boy, she learned that the headmaster had hit him for failing to catch up with friends during a Thai reading class.

The mother claimed that the teacher admitted punishing the boy.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30352179

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-15

1 hour ago, khwaibah said:

This got my attention by the boys gym coach.?

image.png.162a314dbac103712bfcff756da962e8.png

I thought you normally had to pay extra for things like that?

We had a teacher who used a plimsoll on boys backsides.

I remember one lad who knew he was due for a 'thrashing', put a couple of exercise books inside the seat of his trousers beforehand.

We had a PE teacher in primary who used a cricket bat. With lots of complaints but no action by the school head.

In high school the PE teacher used a baseball bat. With lots of complaints but no action by the school head until an incident where the teach / baseball bat broke a girls arm in two places. PE teacher dismissed, never to teach again, and 1 month jail. 

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

We had a PE teacher in primary who used a cricket bat. With lots of complaints but no action by the school head.

In high school the PE teacher used a baseball bat. With lots of complaints but no action by the school head until an incident where the teach / baseball bat broke a girls arm in two places. PE teacher dismissed, never to teach again, and 1 month jail. 

Was she told just not to go to those two places again in future?

26 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Was she told just not to go to those two places again in future?

PE Teacher: His records in the whole of state Ed. administration were marked 'ner to be employed again in any school as a teacher. 

Student: Her family enrolled he quickly in another school, what happened from there I don't know.

When I went to a catholic sch in oz in the 50's they used a stitched- up leather strap n not a ruler....

One day it was used  unnecessarily n the whole class at lunch time cut it up with a razor blade...

Class started n the teacher was furious to say the least...threats n more threats, he never found out who was responsible....

The whole class of 20 stayed mum over it..

The strap never came back after this incident....?

Archived