Here come the Thai moral sex crusaders: Students forbidden from doing anything naughty anywhere anytime!

webfact

Here come the Thai moral sex crusaders: Students forbidden from doing anything naughty anywhere anytime!

9PM.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

The moral crusaders of the Thai government are cracking down on students everywhere.

They are not just content with forbidding them enjoying the company of the opposite sex in public and banning wandering about at night.

New measures proposed by the Ministry of Education and now endorsed by a ministerial committee are banning students from having sexual contact anywhere.

And where before students were just banned from wandering about together after dark this has now been extended to all day long, all the time every day.

The education authorities wanted powers to sanction students for inappropriate and promiscuous behavior anywhere anytime.

Now they seem to have got their wish.

The draconian measures have received much comment on social media with many decrying moralistic government meddling in the lives of the people. 

The new measures are added to a long list of don't for students that include truancy, gambling, weapons, alcohol and other misdemeanors such as forbidding prostitution.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-15

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep them dumb and underexposed to the world.

Could you imagine being a university student in Thailand? It must be truly awful. 

My wife couldn't believe what the life of a student was like when she went to study in England a few years ago. Highly interesting topics, seminars where you are allowed to openly question lecturers theories, offer your own opinion on research, producing high quality group projects, studying a variety of professional development courses, not having to wear a uniform and wai every senior Tom, Dick and Harry, going out and having fun. 

It is all the complete opposite of here.  

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

The education authorities wanted powers to sanction students for inappropriate and promiscuous behavior anywhere anytime.

You are currently controlling the power to keep them borderline retarded (benefit of the doubt) and still need more power? Just how weak are these strong bois?

You are going to stop 18-21 year old men and women from having sex?

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Good luck!

PS We are all anonymous here...

Even allowing for differences in cultures, how many members think Thai men and women are virgins when they graduate?

How many members were virgins when they graduated Uni?

How many members think this will be a effective policy?

6 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

You are going to stop 18-21 year old men and women from having sex?

Good luck!

Yep, good luck with that age group, but 'discovery' (for like aged adolescents) comes earlier than that. It is the natural order of things and once 'discovered' there are no laws that will get in the way of that.

31 minutes ago, billd766 said:

There is one unwritten measure which has been upheld for many decades now.

DON'T give Thai students any real, meaningful and useful education at all.

IMHO:

Ed. ministry should be focused on education and they have a lot of work to do!

Perhaps they should conduct meaningful non-judgemental sex education?

They should have a policy that sex is forbidden on school premises.

End of story.

59 minutes ago, webfact said:

The moral crusaders of the Thai government are cracking down on students everywhere.

The question arises: Are these perhaps the very same "crusaders" who regularly frequent massage parlors and karaoke bars (a.k.a. brothels in disguise) and more or less clandestinely keep several "mia nois" around?

Jesus Christ, with these puritanical attitudes prevailing among the arch-conservative establishment it sometimes really borders on a sheer miracle that this country ever developed a population of well over 65 million people. Perhaps they all grew on trees...?  

People will always find a way around stupid rules. Especially when it comes to sex. 

The new measures are added to a long list of don't for students that include truancy, gambling, weapons, alcohol and other misdemeanors such as forbidding prostitution.

These are not so bad. Except for the alcohol.  

3 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

The question arises: Are these perhaps the very same "crusaders" who regularly frequent massage parlors and karaoke bars (a.k.a. brothels in disguise) and more or less clandestinely keep several "mia nois" around?

Jesus Christ, with these puritanical attitudes prevailing among the arch-conservative establishment it sometimes really is a wonder that this country ever developed a population of well over 65 million people. Perhaps they all grew on trees...?  

Never discount the possibility of a high incidence of ongoing immaculate conceptions either.

All said and done.....they are about the same set of codes...moral and otherwise...that my own Father laid down for me and my brother from an early age.

My brother (2 yrs. older than me) lived by them....Me?...I was the "black sheep" and rebelled at every chance.....How did we fair out?  My brother had a very stable life, is still with the same wife he married almost 50 yrs.   ago...He is loved by his children. Has been in the same job for 45 yrs and is drawing a pension.

Me, I became a roaring alcoholic, had many different partners, my children and I are estranged. I had as many different jobs as I had dinners...the list goes on.

The moral of the story....don't be so quick knock well meaning advice.....

52 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Could you imagine being a university student in Thailand? It must be truly awful. 

My wife couldn't believe what the life of a student was like when she went to study in England a few years ago. Highly interesting topics, seminars where you are allowed to openly question lecturers theories, offer your own opinion on research, producing high quality group projects, studying a variety of professional development courses, not having to wear a uniform and wai every senior Tom, Dick and Harry, going out and having fun. 

It is all the complete opposite of here.  

Sir you better wai when you see a poo yai or you may get deported.  

Joking aside...

I see some benefits of Thai culture..you foreigeners can say all you want about being submissive and fake but in some conditions I see it being way superior than self righteous and entitled students it creates in the West.

35 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

People will always find a way around stupid rules. Especially when it comes to sex. 

These are not so bad. Except for the alcohol.  

Where do you think all the very expensive mobiles are coming from, the eating out, the parties?

1 hour ago, BobbyL said:

Yes, by comparison, all the farang  student sex tourists who come to Thailand are geniuses ... and as they get older they become even more intelligent.

IT'S schoolies on steroids. A teenager's paradise.

No parents, no rules, no authorities, no police. No limits.

Welcome to Thailand's infamous Full Moon parties, where the signature drink is a bucket of hard alcohol with red bull - drugs of all kinds are bought over the counter at bars.

Here's a photo of the full moon branch of Mensa holding an AGM.

1866480405_fullmoon.jpg.27702db15d701b44cd96ec23090570da.jpg

21 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

All said and done.....they are about the same set of codes...moral and otherwise...that my own Father laid down for me and my brother from an early age.

My brother (2 yrs. older than me) lived by them....Me?...I was the "black sheep" and rebelled at every chance.....How did we fair out?  My brother had a very stable life, is still with the same wife he married almost 50 yrs.   ago...He is loved by his children. Has been in the same job for 45 yrs and is drawing a pension.

Me, I became a roaring alcoholic, had many different partners, my children and I are estranged. I had as many different jobs as I had dinners...the list goes on.

The moral of the story....don't be so quick knock well meaning advice.....

I knew of  pastor who used to preach that homosexuality was a sin and you'd go to hell for it. He turned out to be a roaring homosexual. 

Beware of strangers preaching morals. They're usually just miserable and frustrated. 

Archived