BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Here come the Thai moral sex crusaders: Students forbidden from doing anything naughty anywhere anytime!

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

No it isn't.

A job is work. 

Studying is something completely different.

After classes it is the students own leisure time to do as THEY please, not what the government lays down, and certainly not what you say. 

Bromide in their tea Sarge' that'll fix the randy little devils.

PS

I've heard that is a myth.

13 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Sometimes expats like yourself think they moved to a "developing country" just because it has nice shopping malls.

Of course, I'm not being serious except the part that Thailand is 3rd world.

Sometimes posters like yourself don't have any idea what you are talking about.

If you think I moved here for the nice shopping malls, think again.

My nearest shopping mall is 65 km away.

I moved here to be with my Thai wife and family and to work and eventually to retire which I did 9 years ago

20 hours ago, heybruce said:

Drinking age is 20.  You need to be 18 to purchase cigarettes.  That's not the focus of this topic.

My response was directed at what constitutes adulthood and the government putting restrictions on those "adults" under 20.

4 hours ago, Mac98 said:

My response was directed at what constitutes adulthood and the government putting restrictions on those "adults" under 20.

I assume you agree these restrictions should not apply to adult students who are 20 or older.  That would be at least half the Thai university students.

On 8/15/2018 at 1:51 PM, Sakeopete said:

They can't even enforce the helmet law. I don't think students have much to worry about.

Just another waste of ink and paper.

I keep looking for the government department that issues these edicts. 

Found it...

The Ministry of Silly Walks..

(MONTY PYTHON).

20180818_124158.jpg

1 hour ago, 5633572526 said:

Maybe if they spent more money educating them they would not need all these ridiculous laws

If they need a college degree to work at 7/11.

And they still use calculators. 

What level do you need to be a politician or government minister?

Screenshot_20180818-125153_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, dallen52 said:

If they need a college degree to work at 7/11.

And they still use calculators. 

What level do you need to be a politician or government minister?

Screenshot_20180818-125153_Chrome.jpg

I would say a corruption record of  about 2 pages would land you a good job with these guys

13 hours ago, heybruce said:

I assume you agree these restrictions should not apply to adult students who are 20 or older.  That would be at least half the Thai university students.

They have such restrictions here in USA, but only at certain religion-based universities. I believe that if you are old enough to serve in the military you should be granted full adulthood, no restrictioms.

The next law on its way is to prevent soi dogs from having sex in public.  I would cheer on that one.   It gives me nightmares. 

9 hours ago, balo said:

The next law on its way is to prevent soi dogs from having sex in public.  I would cheer on that one.   It gives me nightmares. 

Well try telling my neighbor who is Thai  from banging his wife on the porch Its ok but she screams the house down Somebody might think she is being murdered, Is there any law preventing that yet

They actually always had this in some parks. The funniest part is this is one of the few regulations that actually gets consistently enforced too. Guys breaking traffic laws 20 feet from the park on their motorbikes get away scott free. 

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, Misterwhisper said:

The question arises: Are these perhaps the very same "crusaders" who regularly frequent massage parlors and karaoke bars (a.k.a. brothels in disguise) and more or less clandestinely keep several "mia nois" around?

Jesus Christ, with these puritanical attitudes prevailing among the arch-conservative establishment it sometimes really borders on a sheer miracle that this country ever developed a population of well over 65 million people. Perhaps they all grew on trees...?  

Using the Lord's name in vain is not a good way to make your point!!! Try another approach! Thank you!!

Using the Lord's name in vain is not a good way to make your point!!! Try another approach! Thank you!!

So you would rather see him use Buddhas name instead,....for Gods sake, try to be serious.