Here come the Thai moral sex crusaders: Students forbidden from doing anything naughty anywhere anytime!

webfact

41 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

The question arises: Are these perhaps the very same "crusaders" who regularly frequent massage parlors and karaoke bars (a.k.a. brothels in disguise) and more or less clandestinely keep several "mia nois" around?

Jesus Christ, with these puritanical attitudes prevailing among the arch-conservative establishment it sometimes really borders on a sheer miracle that this country ever developed a population of well over 65 million people. Perhaps they all grew on trees...?  

Many would suggest they are up in trees. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

You are going to stop 18-21 year old men and women from having sex?

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Good luck!

PS We are all anonymous here...

Even allowing for differences in cultures, how many members think Thai men and women are virgins when they graduate?

How many members were virgins when they graduated Uni?

How many members think this will be a effective policy?

Or when they enroll in university?

1 hour ago, BobbyL said:

Keep them dumb and underexposed to the world.

Could you imagine being a university student in Thailand? It must be truly awful. 

My wife couldn't believe what the life of a student was like when she went to study in England a few years ago. Highly interesting topics, seminars where you are allowed to openly question lecturers theories, offer your own opinion on research, producing high quality group projects, studying a variety of professional development courses, not having to wear a uniform and wai every senior Tom, Dick and Harry, going out and having fun. 

It is all the complete opposite of here.  

But remember, they've, never been colonized.

The empire builders of old dropped by and saw no need, the locals had done a brilliant job exploiting and subjugating themselves.

It's proudly gone on to this day, and in fact, they urgently see a need to regress a little, these newfangled smartphones are giving the kids ideas.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The new measures are added to a long list of don't for students that include truancy, gambling, weapons, alcohol and other misdemeanors such as forbidding prostitution. 

And yet, truancy, gambling, weapons, alcohol and prostitution etc. are certainly rampant among so-called "university" students here.

So why would the authorities think that adding promiscuity to the list is going to be any different?

The Junta is just adding to the antagonism already simmering in almost all young Thais. Do they realise the direction they are sending this beautiful country:? I think not. Any delay in elections is being made more fearful for all Thais and the prospect of real damaging consequences is looming larger with every new freedom inhibiting law the Junta come out with.

17 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

What's the Helmet law for students.

No biting ? :smile:

Helmet? Hmm maybe. .. some variant of puu nim for their soft shell, but it won't protect them from the crabs... 

Good luck!

Even allowing for differences in cultures, how many members think Thai men and women are virgins when they graduate?

And  for their same stupid, unrealistic reasons they're against sex education in school. Claiming, once the students know how to do it, they will do it all the time. It's completely wrong as one can see in the example of math, and english language education.  

1 minute ago, tigermoth said:

The Junta is just adding to the antagonism already simmering in almost all young Thais. Do they realise the direction they are sending this beautiful country:? I think not. Any delay in elections is being made more fearful for all Thais and the prospect of real damaging consequences is looming larger with every new freedom inhibiting law the Junta come out with.

If you're a sclerotic old local elitist, there is nothing wrong at all with these regressive rules, they probably already exist in some dusty statute book, or religious teachings, and have merely been resurrected, that seems the case in so many recent announcements, from banning Air BnB to the 'new' dress standards for Government House hacks.

1 hour ago, BobbyL said:

Keep them dumb and underexposed to the world.

Could you imagine being a university student in Thailand? It must be truly awful. 

My wife couldn't believe what the life of a student was like when she went to study in England a few years ago. Highly interesting topics, seminars where you are allowed to openly question lecturers theories, offer your own opinion on research, producing high quality group projects, studying a variety of professional development courses, not having to wear a uniform and wai every senior Tom, Dick and Harry, going out and having fun. 

It is all the complete opposite of here.  

What's she doing with all that info? Did she invent a new drug? It's just a school. Most of the rubbish they teach is useless in real life. In fact, I know many Thais who are doing very well with Thailand education. It all boils down to the individual. 

The new measures are added to a long list of don't for students that include truancy, gambling, weapons, alcohol and other misdemeanors such as forbidding prostitution

I did not know in some countries...truancy, gambling, weapons, alcohol and other misdemeanors such as forbidding prostitution ...was good for the students

A long established University industry called 'sideline girls' - uni girls looking for a sugar daddy to help them pay their way through college - is widely utilised by Thai males - and some non-Thais.

Meeting place for the uninitiated farang - outside the nearest 7-11 to the Uni exit.

Start with the tv shows first. Morons!

What about the married students?

What if a student get's pregnant? It proves she had sex so she goes to jail?

What if the student is a 30 or 40 or 50 or a great grandma. Are they going to tell them they cannot have sex, and are they going to tell a grown adult how to live their life?

I can't wait to ask for my kids opinions when at the dinner table tonight. 

Good luck!

I doubt many students are still virgins before they get to Uni.  Certainly in places like Chiang Mai which has a huge amount of university students.  My wife's nieces went to Uni there and spent more of their time shagging than in lectures.  If you want evidence of student life then just go to Songkran in CM.

I lost my virginity well before I left secondary school as did just about all my friends. 

As far as any effective policy in Thailand working?  Thais do whatever they want to do.

From wwhat I see hear is a lot of sex for those under 18 legality Does not come into it, if pregnancy occurs ( frequently)the parents come to some arrangement and the boy promises to. Marry the girl. But if you want to go to uni you must not meet someone you want to spend your life with, but no uni and you can do as you wish,no good bringing the teachers into the equation they are to busy having sex with the children / students, so the only answer for those trying to do what comes naturally with puberty is to forget the Education. Thats progress Thai style

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

All said and done.....they are about the same set of codes...moral and otherwise...that my own Father laid down for me and my brother from an early age.

My brother (2 yrs. older than me) lived by them....Me?...I was the "black sheep" and rebelled at every chance.....How did we fair out?  My brother had a very stable life, is still with the same wife he married almost 50 yrs.   ago...He is loved by his children. Has been in the same job for 45 yrs and is drawing a pension.

Me, I became a roaring alcoholic, had many different partners, my children and I are estranged. I had as many different jobs as I had dinners...the list goes on.

The moral of the story....don't be so quick knock well meaning advice.....

the point is though that you were allowed to make your own decisions.

most thai students dont even realise that they also should have the freedom of choice. 

So technically they are students 24 hrs even on weekends without the school suit on and on free time such as term break or summer vacation.. So this means they are not allowed to touch or hold a hand 24/7 x 365. 

This is like sharia law. Might as well just make the country a Muslim country and stone the couple for breach of the new Thailand morality. Such garbage and I hope there is a serious revolt for rights now which includes an anti stance to oust the self imposed untouchable government.

Good luck!

It's not about preventing them having sex, just not doing it in public places... ?

What is happening with the police boss that is alleged to have got $6 million for soapy suds? What about the people in power trafficking young girls? Seems do as I say not do as I do! 

So the answer is 'Dad get me in the police force, I want to join the graft and corruption unit'.

10 minutes ago, Aupee said:

From wwhat I see hear is a lot of sex for those under 18 legality Does not come into it, if pregnancy occurs ( frequently)the parents come to some arrangement and the boy promises to. Marry the girl. But if you want to go to uni you must not meet someone you want to spend your life with, but no uni and you can do as you wish,no good bringing the teachers into the equation they are to busy having sex with the children / students, so the only answer for those trying to do what comes naturally with puberty is to forget the Education. Thats progress Thai style

I think you will find that when a boy gets a girl pregnant in Thailand the vast majority of them just run away.  Nobody is that interested in whether the girl or boy are underage and then the grandparents bring up the child.  Education in Thailand can easily be bought as can qualifications.

40 minutes ago, wvavin said:

Any meaningful schools in this country?

Yes, of course.  There are schools where a student only has to occasionally show up to get a diploma, and there are schools where students have to bust their butts to graduate.  You are more likely to meet students from the first kind of school in the bars, students from the second kind are too busy.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

New measures proposed by the Ministry of Education and now endorsed by a ministerial committee are banning students from having sexual contact anywhere.

That pretty bad when the government get involved in a prohibition against students having sex.  Well, the government is privatizing there jails for delinquents so I guess they are figuring out easy ways to lock more students up.  <headshake>

On the flip side, I guess it's Ok to send 11 years old and underage girls out of country to get married to Muslims from ultra-fundamentalist sects who engage in religiously condoned pedophilia.  Haven't seen the government address that.  Wish they would. 
There is the truly amoral and then their is the petty - this ban is petty.

Archived