Here come the Thai moral sex crusaders: Students forbidden from doing anything naughty anywhere anytime!

webfact

Yeah, I have seen a many students turning to homosexuality (or at least bisexuality...) to get around the rules until they are out of school thanks to this culture where people of opposite sex can't "socialize". It has been more than one of my former students having a same sex relationships in school and after graduating getting married/start a normal heterosexual family!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

You are going to stop 18-21 year old men and women from having sex?

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Good luck!

PS We are all anonymous here...

Even allowing for differences in cultures, how many members think Thai men and women are virgins when they graduate?

How many members were virgins when they graduated Uni?

How many members think this will be a effective policy?

How many highschool girls do I know who have a kid already ?

The English version of the Thai-language article in Manager Online contains the following intriguing sentence: “Additional regulations prohibit the incorporation of mudslides that would cause unrest”. 

Are sex-mad students in LOS even kinkier than we thought. . . or is just the Google translation software doing its usual lousy job?

2 hours ago, tigermoth said:

The Junta is just adding to the antagonism already simmering in almost all young Thais. Do they realise the direction they are sending this beautiful country:? I think not. Any delay in elections is being made more fearful for all Thais and the prospect of real damaging consequences is looming larger with every new freedom inhibiting law the Junta come out with.

It's a delay in erections they are trying to enforce  - lots of luck.... 

A rule wandering at night?  Like every rule, I've been here over 10 years and if there is an actual rule never seen it enforced.

Kids are allowed to take their motorbikes to school and thereafter it is a free for all wandering at all hours, if not in public the kids are already drinking and having sex under 15 years of age.  Wake up and smell the Songtam?

23 minutes ago, heybruce said:

That supports my point; there are good schools and bad schools, good students and bad students.

I don't think anyone is arguing with that principle.  Some students manage quite successfully to combine Uni and a good and extensive social life.  Possibly because they are brighter than the swats that have to put in more arduous study.  There will always be those who find the work more challenging and their dedication to their tasks gives them considerable kudos in that respect.  That is not to do with being in Thailand either.  I found it most annoying when some of my friends at university seemed to breeze through the workload when others like me took far more time and effort over it.  The results were pretty much the same.

But being at university should be about work and also having a good time.  There needs to be a balance and most will find that.  However some won't and they will end up losing out.  Such is life.  I found that a good sex life was essential, especially when the stress levels got to me.  A spliff and a good sh*g can work wonders when the pressure gets too great.  I found the girls thought the same, thank goodness!

Just a suggestion, but aren't their more pressing issues with the Thai educational system?  Many of our office staff are grads from Chula, and they really believe its a world class university among the top 10 in the world.  This is a moral certainty since their Dean told them this is true.  But when you look at the international rankings, you will see that Chula is tied at 539.  No Thai university makes it even into the top 500 universities in the world.  This comports with their analytical skills at work.   https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/search?region=asia&country=thailand&name=

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The new measures are added to a long list of don't for students that include truancy, gambling, weapons, alcohol and other misdemeanors such as forbidding prostitution.

Thank Buddha for all of those laws. Thai students never drink, gamble, or carry weapons, right? As for the prostitution, we all know that doesn't happen anywhere in Thailand.

6 minutes ago, Horace said:

Just a suggestion, but aren't their more pressing issues with the Thai educational system?  Many of our office staff are grads from Chula, and they really believe its a world class university among the top 10 in the world.  This is a moral certainty since their Dean told them this is true.  But when you look at the international rankings, you will see that Chula is tied at 539.  No Thai university makes it even into the top 500 universities in the world.  This comports with their analytical skills at work.   https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/search?region=asia&country=thailand&name=

Outside of Thailand I don't think a Thai degree means much in first world countries.  But does that matter? They can always go on to further education abroad if they want to work internationally and many do. 

I'm all for it, I wouldn't want the students here acting like they do in the UK for instance. The students just do as they want and their unions are far too powerful with immigrants leading them on occasions at university and national level.

They have a choice here, abide by the rules or find another place to be educated.

4 hours ago, bkk75 said:

Sir you better wai when you see a poo yai or you may get deported.  

Joking aside...

I see some benefits of Thai culture..you foreigeners can say all you want about being submissive and fake but in some conditions I see it being way superior than self righteous and entitled students it creates in the West.

I see some benefits in Thai culture as well but having spoken to many Thai students in England, education isn't one of them

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Here come the Thai moral sex crusaders: Students forbidden from doing anything naughty anywhere anytime!

Yeh well what about the adults who do naughty things to the students?

That may be a larger problem, especially when these young people look up to some of these figures, whether in authority or elsewhere. I'm sure this is a well known problem in Isan, that is kept very quiet!

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

I don't think anyone is arguing with that principle.  Some students manage quite successfully to combine Uni and a good and extensive social life.  Possibly because they are brighter than the swats that have to put in more arduous study.  There will always be those who find the work more challenging and their dedication to their tasks gives them considerable kudos in that respect.  That is not to do with being in Thailand either.  I found it most annoying when some of my friends at university seemed to breeze through the workload when others like me took far more time and effort over it.  The results were pretty much the same.

But being at university should be about work and also having a good time.  There needs to be a balance and most will find that.  However some won't and they will end up losing out.  Such is life.  I found that a good sex life was essential, especially when the stress levels got to me.  A spliff and a good sh*g can work wonders when the pressure gets too great.  I found the girls thought the same, thank goodness!

This discussion started when I answered the question posted by wvavin:  "Any meaningful schools in this country?"

I explained there were, and you replied with:  " The poor students busting a gut to get a degree are those who can't afford to buy one. " 

I disagreed.  I found that statement condescending; it undoubtedly applies to some students, but not all. 

We seem to have been converging on attitudes since.  I never stated that the hard working students had no social life, just that their social life ran a distant second in priority and time to their top goal of getting a marketable degree.

Rules telling these students they can't associate with the opposite sex at any time while pursuing a degree will give the students a good laugh, then will be ignored.

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Good luck!

Even allowing for differences in cultures, how many members think Thai men and women are virgins when they graduate?

how many students are pregnant while graduating?

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Never discount the possibility of a high incidence of ongoing immaculate conceptions either.

Sorry NL (and the eight likers) but the immaculate conception has got nothing to do with the virgin birth.

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

I don't know any bar girls so I don't know about their education status.  You are probably correct, I'm sure degrees are rare.

Bruce nobody on here knows any bar girls, I am surprised that you felt it needed saying.

6 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Yet, another GREAT plan!

24774956_520405281673492_1072398626672395746_n.jpg

YES.... Not until this 'Present Military Regime' has there been such a move against 'Mother Nature'..... and trying to stop Human Nature from 'occuring'.... This Army General.and his 'Improvements' are seen by Most people, Thai and foreigners, as warped ideas meant to appease a few who think like him...... I just wonder... as a Thai man...... Is he really that 'PURE' or is he just accustomed to trying 'to cover up his own tracks'.....and appear to the 'public' as being 'Pure'.........

Leave mother nature alone and teach more 'birth-control' ..... STARTING A 13 YEARS OLD..........

6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Good luck!

I have been amazed at how quickly after they turn thirty  people forget every moment of the first twenty-five years of their lives. Thais are not the only ones who do this. Why this happens I have never discovered. Certainly I remember how strong my desire for sex was when I was in high school, and they seem not to.

1 minute ago, sawadeeken said:

YES.... Not until this 'Present Military Regime' has there been such a move against 'Mother Nature'..... and trying to stop Human Nature from 'occuring'.... This Army General.and his 'Improvements' are seen by Most people, Thai and foreigners, as warped ideas meant to appease a few who think like him...... I just wonder... as a Thai man...... Is he really that 'PURE' or is he just accustomed to trying 'to cover up his own tracks'.....and appear to the 'public' as being 'Pure'.........

Leave mother nature alone and teach more 'birth-control' ..... STARTING A 13 YEARS OLD..........

well before 13 , many 13 year old's already being screwed by uncles and others - but that's ok, the old adage applies - families that pray screw together stay together.

Archived