BANGKOK
webfact

Here come the Thai moral sex crusaders: Students forbidden from doing anything naughty anywhere anytime!

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

All said and done.....they are about the same set of codes...moral and otherwise...that my own Father laid down for me and my brother from an early age.

My brother (2 yrs. older than me) lived by them....Me?...I was the "black sheep" and rebelled at every chance.....How did we fair out?  My brother had a very stable life, is still with the same wife he married almost 50 yrs.   ago...He is loved by his children. Has been in the same job for 45 yrs and is drawing a pension.

Me, I became a roaring alcoholic, had many different partners, my children and I are estranged. I had as many different jobs as I had dinners...the list goes on.

The moral of the story....don't be so quick knock well meaning advice.....

You had a choice, though and a parent's guidance is a bit different from the law of the land.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Jesus Christ, with these puritanical attitudes prevailing among the arch-conservative establishment it sometimes really borders on a sheer miracle that this country ever developed a population of well over 65 million people. Perhaps they all grew on trees...? 

Storks deliver babies and put them under cabbage leaves in Thai gardens. 
Sex?  "Shhhhhhhhh"

15 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Yes, of course.  There are schools where a student only has to occasionally show up to get a diploma, and there are schools where students have to bust their butts to graduate.  You are more likely to meet students from the first kind of school in the bars, students from the second kind are too busy.

The poor students busting a gut to get a degree are those who can't afford to buy one.  Can't see your logic about them ending up in bars when they clearly have parents with plenty of money to buy their education.  I doubt many bar girls have a degree whether bought or not otherwise what is the point in having one?

Not taking anything away from the ones (boys or girls) who really earn their spurs.  Unfortunately in Thailand hard work isn't always rewarded but self satisfaction is worth a lot they should be proud of that.

Edited by dunroaming
  • Thanks 1

Why do the words, "mental lightweight" come to mind.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

IMHO:

Ed. ministry should be focused on education and they have a lot of work to do!

Perhaps they should conduct meaningful non-judgemental sex education?

They should have a policy that sex is forbidden on school premises.

End of story.

Banning sex in schools? And then what are the teachers going to do in biology? What will the male teachers do with their "playthings"?

Serious question... I wonder how much influence the Quran and the Muslims have to do with this ? Next thing maybe a girl can not be alone with any boy or man unless a relative? They have already cracked down on the dancers costumes or lack there of....and no doubt some would say fine.. Wonder if they will televise the stoning of some poor girl in the future; pay per view ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

This government has nothing else to do to control daily life of everbody in Thailand, Thais and foreigners!

If they are failing the laws by themselves they have hundred of thousand of excuses!

AND they keep the young people away from a modern and forwardgoing education system that forces the young people to as and discuss and critisize and find their own ways: away from the old minded and closed minded OLDIES in thai government and in all their life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad Sad Sad

A bit like trying to stop a BJ in the park... good luck with that one !!

Who's going to follow thousands of students around 27/7 to make sure they're abiding by the rules??

I remember years ago walking in on two M5 girls having semi-naked sex in a deserted classroom. They were  clearly having fun, and I was eternally grateful.

• Haha 1

Good luck with trying to repress teenage hormones in ferment.

The government would do better to provide meaningful education on condom use and the reasons for doing so, e.g. unwanted pregnancy, STD's and HIV.

• Thanks 1

Keep the masses ignorant, subservient, docile and frightened and you can get away with anything.