BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Here come the Thai moral sex crusaders: Students forbidden from doing anything naughty anywhere anytime!

Yeah, I have seen a many students turning to homosexuality (or at least bisexuality...) to get around the rules until they are out of school thanks to this culture where people of opposite sex can't "socialize". It has been more than one of my former students having a same sex relationships in school and after graduating getting married/start a normal heterosexual family!

It's only grumpy behaviour by a bunch of old farts.

who aren't getting any now days.

Go enjoy yourself students. whilst your still young. :jap:

Another straw to weigh upon the camels back.

Great work Junta.......keep it up.

You can’t ban people having sex.

its not a crime and a law like this is unjustifiable and has no legal grounding. 

If you’re 18+ good luck with cops trying to give you any grief for that one!

It should and shall be ignored.

3 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

You are going to stop 18-21 year old men and women from having sex?

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Good luck!

PS We are all anonymous here...

Even allowing for differences in cultures, how many members think Thai men and women are virgins when they graduate?

How many members were virgins when they graduated Uni?

How many members think this will be a effective policy?

How many highschool girls do I know who have a kid already ?

The English version of the Thai-language article in Manager Online contains the following intriguing sentence: “Additional regulations prohibit the incorporation of mudslides that would cause unrest”. 

Are sex-mad students in LOS even kinkier than we thought. . . or is just the Google translation software doing its usual lousy job?

2 hours ago, tigermoth said:

The Junta is just adding to the antagonism already simmering in almost all young Thais. Do they realise the direction they are sending this beautiful country:? I think not. Any delay in elections is being made more fearful for all Thais and the prospect of real damaging consequences is looming larger with every new freedom inhibiting law the Junta come out with.

It's a delay in erections they are trying to enforce  - lots of luck.... 

A rule wandering at night?  Like every rule, I've been here over 10 years and if there is an actual rule never seen it enforced.

Kids are allowed to take their motorbikes to school and thereafter it is a free for all wandering at all hours, if not in public the kids are already drinking and having sex under 15 years of age.  Wake up and smell the Songtam?

23 minutes ago, heybruce said:

That supports my point; there are good schools and bad schools, good students and bad students.

I don't think anyone is arguing with that principle.  Some students manage quite successfully to combine Uni and a good and extensive social life.  Possibly because they are brighter than the swats that have to put in more arduous study.  There will always be those who find the work more challenging and their dedication to their tasks gives them considerable kudos in that respect.  That is not to do with being in Thailand either.  I found it most annoying when some of my friends at university seemed to breeze through the workload when others like me took far more time and effort over it.  The results were pretty much the same.

But being at university should be about work and also having a good time.  There needs to be a balance and most will find that.  However some won't and they will end up losing out.  Such is life.  I found that a good sex life was essential, especially when the stress levels got to me.  A spliff and a good sh*g can work wonders when the pressure gets too great.  I found the girls thought the same, thank goodness!

Just a suggestion, but aren't their more pressing issues with the Thai educational system?  Many of our office staff are grads from Chula, and they really believe its a world class university among the top 10 in the world.  This is a moral certainty since their Dean told them this is true.  But when you look at the international rankings, you will see that Chula is tied at 539.  No Thai university makes it even into the top 500 universities in the world.  This comports with their analytical skills at work.   https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/search?region=asia&country=thailand&name=

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The new measures are added to a long list of don't for students that include truancy, gambling, weapons, alcohol and other misdemeanors such as forbidding prostitution.

Thank Buddha for all of those laws. Thai students never drink, gamble, or carry weapons, right? As for the prostitution, we all know that doesn't happen anywhere in Thailand.

6 minutes ago, Horace said:

Just a suggestion, but aren't their more pressing issues with the Thai educational system?  Many of our office staff are grads from Chula, and they really believe its a world class university among the top 10 in the world.  This is a moral certainty since their Dean told them this is true.  But when you look at the international rankings, you will see that Chula is tied at 539.  No Thai university makes it even into the top 500 universities in the world.  This comports with their analytical skills at work.   https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/search?region=asia&country=thailand&name=

Outside of Thailand I don't think a Thai degree means much in first world countries.  But does that matter? They can always go on to further education abroad if they want to work internationally and many do. 

Pffft. The only thing ministry of education should be doing regarding sex is to have more of it. Sounds like it's full of spinsters.

I'm all for it, I wouldn't want the students here acting like they do in the UK for instance. The students just do as they want and their unions are far too powerful with immigrants leading them on occasions at university and national level.

They have a choice here, abide by the rules or find another place to be educated.