Royal project shop closing Chiang Rai

kevvy

As my wife knows the girls in the Royal Project shop they told her today they will be closing at the end of this month .

But there is good news , they will re open in December with a much larger store. You will be able to buy the produce from tops , and I am sure tops will mark it up 

to suit themselves.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to Central and didn't see any sign of the Royal Project store. So went into Tops and they no longer had several of my hard to find import items. Less and less reason to go to the bother of stopping at Central with the parking difficulty and all. My take anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been in Bangkok for 10 days and went to central today , plenty of parking in the new car park and seen no royal project shop open as yet. Wife asked her friend and she now says it will open on 15th Feb,,here's hoping

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 5:25 PM, sceadugenga said:

Still no Royal Project store but I did find the Japanese sounding bakery...Yamazaki? that used to be next to Tops along with the Thai style bakery that was opposite.

They're in the new mall opposite the Tops undercover carpark entrance.

Ah, that's where they have ended up! Every time I have been to Central for the last couple of months a mobile sticky bun shop seems to have set up camp somewhere new!

????

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife spoke the head office today about the royal project shop opening in Chiang Rai today .They have purchased a space in Central Plaza and should be opening in 2/3 months . Hope this is going to happen and not just another story ..

This happened to the Central Festival Pattaya Royal Shop - Tops took over the site and have re-branded it as Thai classics or some such name. From browsing around you wouldn't know it was the Royal shop of old. Got a feeling that the brand is undergoing a bit of neglect at the moment, can't think why? 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

I'll be glad to see it, the produce market set up between Tops and the new mall was disappointing.

I went there to the new produce market just to buy some potatoes and they did not have them. As you said disappointing ..

I'm hitting the big market at the old Clock Tower regularly now, they have the best (and cheapest) fruit and I got some good asparagus and mushrooms there last week.

If you cross the street to the older market and walk through as if you were going to the Overbrook or Technocom you can often find some interesting stuff. I got large red onions and some of those very small potatoes recently.

1 hour ago, KC 71 said:

The Doi Tung Royal Project is still open here in Mae Fah Luang

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

... here in Mae Fah Luang.

Mae Fah Luang University   ---   Mae Fah Luang Airport    ---   Rai Mae Fah Luang 

Where? 

On 6/9/2019 at 9:46 AM, sceadugenga said:

I'm hitting the big market at the old Clock Tower regularly now, they have the best (and cheapest) fruit and I got some good asparagus and mushrooms there last week.

If you cross the street to the older market and walk through as if you were going to the Overbrook or Technocom you can often find some interesting stuff. I got large red onions and some of those very small potatoes recently.

I like people watching there, and buying the fresh produce

too 

Archived