Marriage visa extension - small questions

I am going for my Non O marriage extension shortly at Chang Wattana, and have a few fiddly questions:

- Presumably the double-sided TM7 application form can be printed on 2 pages and submitted as such?

- I will try getting a bank letter a day before application, and on the day of application will draw say Bt100, update my bank book & copy it - hope this is acceptable?

- I have a new small TM6 departure card in my passport - does this need copying on both sides?

- All documents with the application need to be signed by my wife and/or myself?

Much appreciated for all assistance rendered in the past.

Tm7 front and back on one A4 paper.

Bank letter and withdrawal seems to be accepted - letter can actually be obtained from most banks at location if needed.

Tm6 should be front/back AFAIK - but mine is the old cardboard style from 15 years ago and stamp was on back.

Documents of yours by you, hers by her.  

5 minutes ago, justjulian said:

TM7 application form can be printed on 2 pages and submitted as such?

No print on both sides

6 minutes ago, justjulian said:

I will try getting a bank letter a day before application

There are branches of most if not all banks at the Chenwatthana complex  get the bank letter that day.

7 minutes ago, justjulian said:

TM6 departure card in my passport - does this need copying on both sides?

Dont think so.

8 minutes ago, justjulian said:

All documents with the application need to be signed by my wife and/or myself?

Yes your documents signed by you your wife's by her...joint documents like marriage certificates they may have both sign or not depending.....

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Tm6 should be front/back AFAIK - but mine is the old cardboard style from 15 years ago and stamp was on back.

I have only used a copy of the front of mine. The back of my 10 year old ratty TM6 is blank.

The new small ones are also blank on the back.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have only used a copy of the front of mine. The back of my 10 year old ratty TM6 is blank.

The new small ones are also blank on the back.

In the old(er) days they were supposed to stamp arrival on back and it was required to submit both front/back on one side of A4 paper here in Bangkok.  Mine (from 2003) is stamped so still doing and no mention of it being wrong.  Guess that is not the procedure for current version if no stamp made on them.

Edited by lopburi3

I went to Chang Wattana for extension of stay (marriage) today, and submitted:

- preprinted TM7 application form, with 6x4 photo glued thereon

- copies of relevant pages of passport + copy of TM6 arrival card, and passport

- 2 respective marriage documents [recently obtained KR 2 did not have a red stamp, as obtained from Rama 3 amphur office]

- letter from bank showing Bt 400,000 for 2 months + statement from bank [I.O. also requested copies of my bank passbook]

- copies of wife's ID + tabiaan baan entry

- copies of childrens' entries in tabiaan baan + childrens' birth certificates

- hand-drawn map to condo + 4 color photos of us - 2 inside and 2 outside condo - 2 inside also including children

- lease agreement + copy of owner's ID

- filled in 2 forms regarding penalties, etc for any possible overstays, etc. Wife also filled in a form.

- paid Bt1,900.

In at 9 am (after visit to bank). Out 10.30am. Today everything went smoothly. Thanks to Thai Visa people for assistance, esp. Star members!

• Like 2