Questions about New "Retirement" Visa

I've recently obtained my first year visa based on retirement.  My first 90 report is scheduled for October... and I've been asked to come in-person to the Immigration office.  I have questions:-

1. What will this report-in entail?  What documentation will I need?  Financial documents again?  Or just residence address?

2. When I got my visa, I asked about online 90-reporting... and they said my first report-in would be in-person.  How do I change to online reporting?

3. Can I spend my money now?  I have the requisite 800,000 Baht in a Thai savings account... can I transfer some to my current account?  Do I need to continuously maintain an amount over the threshold?... or can I just top things up again next year - when I renew?

I doubt if you have a Visa.

You probably have a 12 month permission to stay.

90 day report will need whatever they require.

Not a big deal.

You can do whatever you want with the 800,000 Baht.

Edited by Phuket Man

I've recently obtained my first year visa based on retirement.  My first 90 report is scheduled for October... and I've been asked to come in-person to the Immigration office.  I have questions:-

1. What will this report-in entail?  What documentation will I need?  Financial documents again?  Or just residence address?

2. When I got my visa, I asked about online 90-reporting... and they said my first report-in would be in-person.  How do I change to online reporting?

3. Can I spend my money now?  I have the requisite 800,000 Baht in a Thai savings account... can I transfer some to my current account?  Do I need to continuously maintain an amount over the threshold?... or can I just top things up again next year - when I renew?
1. Residence info. No financials. Others can supply the details. It may vary by office.

3. Yes you may spend down to zero if you wish. Just top up to over 800k three months before your application for your next annual extension. The account cannot go even one baht under 800k for three month period. We call that seasoning funds.

Congrats on entering the system.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, 234872_1469957439 said:

You, or someone on your behalf needs to submit form TM.47 to report your address. 

Normally it’s just the passort and form. Some offices don’t even need the TM.47.

You don’t need to provide financials again. It’s just an address update.

As long as your office accepts online reports you can report via the immigration online report page. Nothing to register beforehand.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Yes. You need to top up at least 3 months from the day you apply next year.

Edited by elviajero