Acupressure style massage

Artful Dodger

Back home I get a brutal massage every week or so at a Chinese therapist's. It does me the world of good.

The nearest thing I have had here is a Thai massage in a strictly legit type place, but that was still a full body massage, when I really want a couple of problem areas beasting for the whole session.

I googled but I am not finding anything. Any recommendations for something that's a bit more like physio / trigger point therapy for specific issues, and a bit less sabaai sabaai?

Thanks

Maybe contact the yoga studios & look on the Net for 'rolfing' too. Rolfers would tell you, I think, where the closest to the style of massage you need can be found. Maybe too the Chinese doctor here (a German or Frenchwoman; someone will know who she is. I went to her years ago).  I've been gone, & can't recall her address.  If you'd make due with acupuncture until you find someone, I think there are some acupuncturists here.  Good luck! I've seen good massage change people so much you wouldn't recognize them.

Theres a world of difference between rolfing massage and a strong thai massage. As an officianado of massages? I can tell you the former is more akin to torture with absolutely no pleasure or enjoyment attached. Imagine a stick being pressed between each pair of ribs, well that's what they do. Only a handful of practioners can do it, I know only of one who worked for me.

For starters at your regular places the staff should at the very least be asking you if there are any areas you need them to concentrate on (and be careful what you say) but they are geared up for tourists really.

Being an aged golfer I often have problems induced by the errant hook or slice etc on my decrepit ancient  body. Usually the problem is in a specific area of the body which requires a full session attention to that particular area.

There are a couple of ladies in the massage area of ground floor BigC complex on the Hangdong road that will do exactly that. Recently had a knee/leg problem that was concentrated on for 3 sessions and is now resolved, I guess that is what you are looking for?

43 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Theres a world of difference between rolfing massage and a strong thai massage.

And between those two and acupressure?  Also very different in my limited experience but I would appreciate your expert opinion.  Thanks.

Hope you are doing well with all your free time now that the house is finished. 

Archived