Former activist monk Phra Buddha Issara released on bail

webfact

Former Phra Buddha Issara released on bail

Budha-Issara.png

Former activist monk, Phra Buddha Issara, was released on bail from Bangkok special prison on late Wednesday night.

A white van with the former abbot of Wat Or Noi on board was seen leaving the prison at about 9.20 pm.  It was not known where the van was headed.

About 50 followers of the former monk gathered in front of the prison on Wednesday night after it was reported that he would be granted bail and temporarily released from the prison on Thursday morning.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/former-phra-buddha-issara-released-on-bail/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-08-16

1 hour ago, candide said:

I wonder what the deal was?

To incite murder and mayhem,  just the same as before,  so Prayut can use it as another excuse to cancel the election and subject the Thais to more years of injustices whilst him and his wealthy backers enrich themselves further.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

On leaving the prison Issra was overheard singing.... Come fly with me lets fly fly fly away.:cheesy:

I was thinking of first Moody Blues hit line "If ya gotta go, oh, you'd better go now... go now.... go now...."

1 minute ago, Emster23 said:

I was thinking of first Moody Blues hit line "If ya gotta go, oh, you'd better go now... go now.... go now...."

Yes or another song......... im leaving on a jet plane dont know when ill be back again.:cheesy:

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

From what I've seen, I always thought they entered the monkhood to make money?

I thought it was  so they could turn off any thinking  ability that might be  left over from their education?

Heading for Dubai and London ?

Should be quite a send off at  So ya wanna boom boom airport !

Heathrow putting out the welcoming mat?

They may as well because the African migrant  who recently mowed down all the pommy cyclists  is welcoming

his family up from Sudan so the red mat is already on the tarmac.

1 hour ago, peperobi said:

..and another one that will disappear..

4 hours ago, assayer said:

I wonder if he and Thaksin have adjoining homes in Dubai?

1 hour ago, kannot said:
4 hours ago, candide said:

I wonder what the deal was?

private jet on standby?

Must be confused ..... He's a favorite of that other other party.

So he is not flying anywhere, just back to the house and turn on cable.  :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Esso49 said:

To incite murder and mayhem,  just the same as before,  so Prayut can use it as another excuse to cancel the election and subject the Thais to more years of injustices whilst him and his wealthy backers enrich themselves further.

Yes. 'New Mandala' has an interesting article about this fellow.

Freed On Bail, Buddha Issara Checks Into Hospital

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

cats44-696x435.jpg

Suwit Thongprasert, or Buddha Issara, at the Criminal Court on May 24.

BANGKOK — A former monk accused of forging royal seals on his merchandise failed to appear for a court hearing Thursday on another set of charges related to the assault of police officers when he commanded anti-government street protests four years ago.

Suwit Thongprasert, better known as Buddha Issara, informed the court through his lawyer that he went to the hospital following his release from the Bangkok Remand Prison last night, where he was met by about 50 waiting supporters. The Criminal Court today agreed to reschedule the hearing for early October after his lawyer submitted documentation that he was hospitalized for a herniated disc that might require surgery.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/08/16/freed-on-bail-buddha-issara-checks-into-hospital/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-08-16

It's almost reaching the point in Thailand now where it is pointless commenting on Thai politics and Thai 'justice' any longer: it is all a glaring farce, a lie, an intelligence-insult - and as corrupt as any devilish mind could ever concoct.

Poor, poor Thailand - a scenically gorgeous land, blessed with rich fruits and vegetables and often friendly, helpful people - blighted to the core by a thoroughly rotten system of politics, hierarchy, and anti-justice.

Poor, poor Thailand.

13 hours ago, bluesofa said:

From what I've seen, I always thought they entered the monkhood to make money?

Everyone is always talking about all this money they make, I must have been in the wrong temple or was of the wrong nationality , I spent 7 years wearing the yellow robes and never made a penny.  

Archived