Suspect wanted over double murder at popular Chonburi tourist attraction arrested in Cambodia

webfact

UPDATE:

Murder suspect held in Cambodia

By Suriya Patathayo, 
Chompit Pinmuang 
The Nation

Phuket bar owner Panya “Sia Auan Bangla” Yingdang, wanted for allegedly murdering a former teen beauty queen and her partner in Chon Buri last month, has been arrested in Cambodia.

He is expected to be extradited on Friday (August 17).

The victims' families, tearful with relief upon hearing of Panya's capture, urged the authorities to enforce justice.

It meant all of those thought to be involved in the July 29 killing of Paweena Namuangrak, 20, and her friend Anantachai Jaritrum, 21, in daylight at Sattahip district’s Khao Chi Chan "Buddha Mountain" were arrested.

The 39-year-old suspect was apprehended in Cambodia while he was allegedly about to flee to Vietnam.

The Cambodian police allowed their Thai counterparts to join the interrogation, deputy national police chief General Chalermkiat Srivorakan said on Thursday.

The extradition of Panya was underway, he said.

A source said the office of police inspector-general General Suchat Theerasawat had sent a team to cross the border on Wednesday and a police conference would be held at the Royal Thai Police head office in Bangkok on Friday.

Paweena's mother Wanpen Namuangrak said she would not forgive Panya.

"Our family is traumatised beyond forgiveness by Sia Auan's action," she said. "I hope the authorities prosecuted him leading to a capital punishment. I believe my daughter's spirit is at peace and wants the judiciary to inflict the maximum punishment."

Praising the police for their swift action, Anantachai's mother Jomsri Chompoopeun said she did not want revenge but believed he will be punished as severely as he had done to her son.

Jomsri said she wanted Sia Auan to apologise.

The five others arrested were one alleged shooter Narong Warintharawet, 22, Krissana Sisuk, 22, who allegedly rented the house where the murder was plotted and allegedly drove Panya to provide protection, Jeerasak Unaiban, 34, who had been tailing the victims’ rented car and provided information to the alleged killer, the alleged spotter Sayan Sisuk, 43, and Kiattisak Surangsaengoonmee, 35, who purportedly drove the getaway pickup.

Paweena, a district-level former teen beauty queen from Kalasin, died instantly after being shot four times allegedly by Narong, while Anantachai succumbed to three gunshot wounds purportedly from Panya.

The couple were at Khao Chi Chan at around 5pm on July 29 to make merit to mark Paweena’s birthday.

Police believe the killings might have been motivated by Panya’s jealousy after Paweena moved from Phuket to Nakhon Pathom with Anantachai for work.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30352287

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-16

16 hours ago, smedly said:

although I find your story somewhat amusing it fails because it still involves a gun

The funny thing (if there is anything remotely funny) is that many of the posters here have simply been watching too much TV and movies and as they get older reality gets clouded 

Obviously...but the problem isn't with firearms. It's the Thai culture. This could've easily been a butcher knife.

Two people died. I find no humour in their deaths and only sadness about the entire tragedy. Those that speculate, judge, see into the future and guess are a unique collection. I wish them well. Well far from me. 

I don't believe for a second he will spend more than one week inside a Thai prison .

He is good for several million baht and will pay every corrupted lawyer , judge and cops to get released on bail and then next destination will be Dubai . 

13 hours ago, balo said:

I don't believe for a second he will spend more than one week inside a Thai prison .

He is good for several million baht and will pay every corrupted lawyer , judge and cops to get released on bail and then next destination will be Dubai . 

Maybe if he was worth several ฿b like Red Bull Boss but not several ฿m even I'm worth that.

Archived