How is it legal to build a 60 story condo with 1644 units a 100 meters from the beach in Jomtien ?

Lumbini

If you look at the ground plan the building will indeed be the legal distance from the sea. Whether the legal distance is sensible or not is another matter.

The artist's impression of the building actually shows it being closer to the sea than it really will be.

If anyone is interested in buildings that appear to be much less than the legal distance from the sea then they might care to look at Cetus.

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Seems the rules can be misinterpreted with the help of brown envelops.

This seems to be the reality and kind of the response i got from the sales agent when i asked about the legality of a 60 floor high  rise condo with over 1500 that is this new new project going up next to the Russian Night Market in Jomtien 100 meters from the beach (not Beach Road ) she was quick to point out .

AFAIK the law says that anything over 7 stories has to be 150 meters from the ocean. Now as someone else pointed out in VT7 case they just waited until the lowest tide of the year, created a couple of extra sand banks and viola its now 150 meters from the ocean/water/cesspool. legal

And another developer at another plot in Jomtien Theprasit rd plans to build a 66 story skyscraper on that narrow strip of land between the planned foodland supermarket plot and these 3 stories shophouses  at the backside i believe right at the back garden of where is Doctor Olivier has his office..

Can they allow a 66 story being built 3 meters away from existing shophouses? Seems dangerous to me..

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

If you look at the ground plan the building will indeed be the legal distance from the sea. Whether the legal distance is sensible or not is another matter.

The artist's impression of the building actually shows it being closer to the sea than it really will be.

If anyone is interested in buildings that appear to be much less than the legal distance from the sea then they might care to look at Cetus.

Or maybe VT3, Adriatic Hotel, and the tall white condo next to them with the blue tile and Thai name that I can never remember.  

4 hours ago, newnative said:

Or maybe VT3, Adriatic Hotel, and the tall white condo next to them with the blue tile and Thai name that I can never remember.  

When it was built VT3 was legal, as far as I know, as were all the older condos around there and in Wong Amat.

I think the distance law only came in later on.

27 minutes ago, balo said:

60 floors ? I would hate to live on the top floor when the power is is out .

Sounds ridiculous to me. This is not New York .

Even my building has an old generator for the elevators and emergency lights, but it works OK. I expect that the newer buildings would have better generators.

Of course in theory one is not supposed to use the elevators in a fire, but that's a different matter. Still something to bear in mind though.

At least from the high floors on this new condo one would not have to look at those bright lights that run down the beach that spoil night view making beach look like a lit airport runway at night or a shopping mall parking lot as you could just look out at ocean at night with those hideous ugly lights under you far below out of sight without night view being spoiling by those lights pointed straight into window of your condo like they do if you are on a low floor in a condo overlooking beach .

Archived