FORD Ranger Raptor Worth 1.7M?

kwak250

Just got back from looking at the new Ford Raptor

I must admit it looks very pretty BUT...

After looking at reviews it is said to be very underpowered.

Nearly as thirsty as the old 3.2 but much heavier

That said the suspension is obviously awesome which it should be.

Off road is where this lives but highway use with 3 people and luggage reviews say it hasn't got the punch .

Interior materials don't quite match the price tag .

Less than 700kg payload

My question is it really worth the 1.7m ?

I am sure it would be great fun off road but how many are going to see dirt?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw one in the showroom yesterday, I've got a Wildtrak that cost, with a few extras, about 1m.

When I first went to look at the Wildtrak, I loved it & thought:

"Yep, gotta have it"

But the Raptor.... ok it looks pretty, interior not special, & at 1.6m plus, just isn't worth it.

I thought, hmm, yea, ok.

17 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

The Ford Raptor in Thailand is just simply for the those Thai morons who think that a Ford Ranger is anything like the F150 produced in the US.  The Raptor in the US is a real pick-up with sufficient grunt and technology to lead the field currently.  The Raptor in Thailand is nothing short of absolute bulls***t ,  marketed for numb nut Thais who have zero understanding of the real model and no doubt have a next to zero understanding of the driving ability  required  in any event. Thank God the real Raptor is not available to moronic Thai males.

Agree totally 

But on every vehicle here

I sit in my new model (not a Ford ) & think this has nothing compared to one in a Falang country & costs more

In the one I have now it hasn't got a Console, where I see the same model in different countries do 

1 hour ago, transam said:

For that sort of money I would definitely buy the Merc with the proven V6 engine.

260hp to play with and a 0-60mph in 7+ seconds is very impressive...:stoner:

Much better choice but probably 2m+

Will Thailand release it here in the next couple of years?

6 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

just sold my trusty hilux vigo after 11 years and after a new pick-up, that sounds awesome compared to whats available in Thailand.

If I had the cash I would be knocking at the Merc dealer door....The V6 engine is a gem, and the other Merc stuff involved plus constant 4WD is a wow for me...:stoner:

17 hours ago, Esso49 said:

The Ford Raptor in Thailand is just simply for the those Thai morons who think that a Ford Ranger is anything like the F150 produced in the US.  The Raptor in the US is a real pick-up with sufficient grunt and technology to lead the field currently.  The Raptor in Thailand is nothing short of absolute bulls***t ,  marketed for numb nut Thais who have zero understanding of the real model and no doubt have a next to zero understanding of the driving ability  required  in any event. Thank God the real Raptor is not available to moronic Thai males.

Why the insults all over your post.

Sorry, I really don't get that.

17 hours ago, Esso49 said:

This is not the USA chap...The LOS populous don't give a shit what the USA has..What is on offer to them in LOS is for them to choose....?

4 hours ago, transam said:

For that sort of money I would definitely buy the Merc with the proven V6 engine.

260hp to play with and a 0-60mph in 7+ seconds is very impressive...:stoner:

2 hours ago, transam said:

I read somewhere 1.8m..

1.8M and Benz V6 does not sound like any model in LOS I know. 

Better check your glasses TA.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

It's called "I'm old expat and on fixed income that hate it here but can't leave for all the logic in the world" syndrome. "_"

1 hour ago, transam said:

This is not the USA chap...The LOS populous don't give a shit what the USA has..What is on offer to them in LOS is for them to choose....?

And your point is what exactly.  The Thai Raptor is a good buy for Thais ? 

That is about $10,000.00 more then the cost of one in the US loaded .and being made in los has to be a lot inferior then one in the US.Being made here by people making about 1/40th of one being made in the US makes the mark up a hell of a lot more also.

3 minutes ago, AsiaHand said:

That is about $10,000.00 more then the cost of one in the US loaded .and being made in los has to be a lot inferior then one in the US.Being made here by people making about 1/40th of one being made in the US makes the mark up a hell of a lot more also.

Why is one "assembled" in LOS inferior to one assembled in the USA...?

My daughter just bought a 2019 Wildtrack for 1,3 M. it is 99 % the same as Raptor (Thai), except the suspension. It has dual Turbo, 213 Hp, Raptor Front, Mag wheels, flex metal roll back cover, etc., etc. She is very happy with this pickup, and saving 400K !

image.png.6bec1a6a68ac22e606b25ec0d1c90322.png

3 hours ago, transam said:

If I had the cash I would be knocking at the Merc dealer door....The V6 engine is a gem, and the other Merc stuff involved plus constant 4WD is a wow for me...:stoner:

Ask the VW dealer for an Amarok instead

23 minutes ago, laochef said:

My daughter just bought a 2019 Wildtrack for 1,3 M. it is 99 % the same as Raptor (Thai), except the suspension. It has dual Turbo, 213 Hp, Raptor Front, Mag wheels, flex metal roll back cover, etc., etc. She is very happy with this pickup, and saving 400K !

Does that new engine include total failure when changing engine oil over more than 15  minutes or have they fixed that appalling design error yet?

28 minutes ago, laochef said:

Is your Daughter Thai ?

1 hour ago, laochef said:

400k would buy her some serious suspension and some change, Raptor is overpriced, will be interesting to see how well it does.

ill pass. anything that big shy of 350hp is dangerous in my book. i want power to get out of trouble. theres nothing worse than an underpowered car with all weight up front. oversteering will see you in a tree, ditch or whatever regarsless of how good a driver you are regardless of fancy stay safe stuff which a lot of the time makes things worse.

this model is embarassing and only for suicidal thais.

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Because its true.  A retired friend bought a Ford Ranger for his wife a few months ago.  He has had cars all his life.  He first said he just wanted to buy a second hand Toyota pick-up because he found them very reliable.  Unfortunately he is one of these poor guys who wont argue with his wife and just says "up to you"  and hands over the money.  Next thing they show up in a horrible bright red coloured Ranger.  When we asked why the Ford he shrugged his shoulders and answered that his wife liked them because she thought they looked bigger than any other pick-up in the village and she loved the red colour because you cant miss it??

I must say he has had a lot of use out of it running back and forward to the Ford dealer for repairs!!

Archived