FORD Ranger Raptor Worth 1.7M?

kwak250

I'm sure there will be hell to pay but I agree with Steveni.  The malice shown on Thai Visa against Thais is just disgusting.  I don't really care that some of you are too old, stuck in Thailand, pissed off at the world or whatever, you have no right to treat people in such a manner.  If you are that miserable you should seriously consider some kind of change in your life.  

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Because its true.  A retired friend bought a Ford Ranger for his wife a few months ago.  He has had cars all his life.  He first said he just wanted to buy a second hand Toyota pick-up because he found them very reliable.  Unfortunately he is one of these poor guys who wont argue with his wife and just says "up to you"  and hands over the money.  Next thing they show up in a horrible bright red coloured Ranger.  When we asked why the Ford he shrugged his shoulders and answered that his wife liked them because she thought they looked bigger than any other pick-up in the village and she loved the red colour because you cant miss it??

I must say he has had a lot of use out of it running back and forward to the Ford dealer for repairs!!

Lucky he can get it back to the Ford dealer without a tow truck !

21 hours ago, Esso49 said:

The Ford Raptor in Thailand is just simply for the those Thai morons who think that a Ford Ranger is anything like the F150 produced in the US.  The Raptor in the US is a real pick-up with sufficient grunt and technology to lead the field currently.  The Raptor in Thailand is nothing short of absolute bulls***t ,  marketed for numb nut Thais who have zero understanding of the real model and no doubt have a next to zero understanding of the driving ability  required  in any event. Thank God the real Raptor is not available to moronic Thai males.

Bad hair day?

29 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

ill pass. anything that big shy of 350hp is dangerous in my book. i want power to get out of trouble. theres nothing worse than an underpowered car with all weight up front. oversteering will see you in a tree, ditch or whatever regarsless of how good a driver you are regardless of fancy stay safe stuff which a lot of the time makes things worse.

this model is embarassing and only for suicidal thais.

Most Thais are, but unfortunately cannot comprehend why.

2 hours ago, AsiaHand said:

That is about $10,000.00 more then the cost of one in the US loaded .and being made in los has to be a lot inferior then one in the US.Being made here by people making about 1/40th of one being made in the US makes the mark up a hell of a lot more also.

Really?

Gosh thank you for clearing that up for me.

Or are you just a racist with nothing very intelligent to say?

And not very good with economics or how car factories actually work.

This is not a topic about if a thai national driver can or cannot handle a powerful pick-up.

I think there are enough farangs that have trouble driving.

Its more about if the Ford is worth the baht.

Basically has if got enough

"bang for the baht"

10 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

This is not a topic about if a thai national driver can or cannot handle a powerful pick-up.

"bang for the baht"

Fords paintwork is awful too, right down there with Mazdas, orange peel central, best Ive seen off the shelf Chevrolet colorado paintwork

9 hours ago, Jitar said:

1.8M and Benz V6 does not sound like any model in LOS I know. 

Better check your glasses TA.

If we got the benz x-class it would most likely have the nissan 4 cylinder diesel. It would be well north of 2M with a v6.

5 hours ago, kwak250 said:

"bang for the baht"

Personally, I think not. If the truck is to be driven mostly on sealed roads, the wildtrak is a better deal. It is over 160kg lighter than the raptor so should be a bit faster. Those fox shocks are over 200K baht, so they will be costly to replace if there is any problem with them - they are specifically made for this vehicle so that be an issue. 100K more and you can have a full time 4x4 everest with the same motor. 

5 hours ago, kannot said:

Fords paintwork is awful too, right down there with Mazdas, orange peel central, best Ive seen off the shelf Chevrolet colorado paintwork

Seen a black C class benz lately? Most cars have orange peel. My swift actually had very little - until a nissan dealer resprayed it for an insurance job!

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

If we got the benz x-class it would most likely have the nissan 4 cylinder diesel. It would be well north of 2M with a v6.

For some reason i remember seeing   2.8m if it ever did become available here

14 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Because its true.  A retired friend bought a Ford Ranger for his wife a few months ago.  He has had cars all his life.  He first said he just wanted to buy a second hand Toyota pick-up because he found them very reliable.  Unfortunately he is one of these poor guys who wont argue with his wife and just says "up to you"  and hands over the money.  Next thing they show up in a horrible bright red coloured Ranger.  When we asked why the Ford he shrugged his shoulders and answered that his wife liked them because she thought they looked bigger than any other pick-up in the village and she loved the red colour because you cant miss it??

I must say he has had a lot of use out of it running back and forward to the Ford dealer for repairs!!

So that's why 'Thai morons' 'numb nut Thais with zero understanding' and 'moronic Thai males'.

Please.

14 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So that's why 'Thai morons' 'numb nut Thais with zero understanding' and 'moronic Thai males'.

Please.

Translation please?  My apologies if you are not a native English speaker but your sentence doesnt make any sense.

1 hour ago, ThaiFelix said:

Translation please?  My apologies if you are not a native English speaker but your sentence doesnt make any sense.

He's taking the pi$$ on all the racist comments on here about Thai Ford owners, Thai drivers, Thais road users in general, their Thai mothers & their Thai dogs.

Not forgetting Thai factories and the Thai employees working in said Thai factory. For a 1/40th of the wage a Mexican, sorry, 'Mercan would earn in a Ford factory in the good ole USA. And how the Thai product must be inferior to the USA product even if the same company owns the factories...

Get it now?

33 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

He's taking the pi$$ on all the racist comments on here about Thai Ford owners, Thai drivers, Thais road users in general, their Thai mothers & their Thai dogs.

Not forgetting Thai factories and the Thai employees working in said Thai factory. For a 1/40th of the wage a Mexican, sorry, 'Mercan would earn in a Ford factory in the good ole USA. And how the Thai product must be inferior to the USA product even if the same company owns the factories...

Get it now?

Yep, thank you very much.

20 hours ago, Esso49 said:

And presumably they only want the one airbag as well  perhaps ?

Well I'm sure if the small-midsize ford truck we have here does make it to US shores, it will have the minimum safety requirements.....

13 hours ago, DavisH said:

Seen a black C class benz lately? Most cars have orange peel. My swift actually had very little - until a nissan dealer resprayed it for an insurance job!

I was rating the  two I think are the worst, yes Mercedes  and almost  all others are very  poor but the Colorado ( for some reason) is  not too bad, Mazdas is so bad its almost matt/silk finish on the panels.

One  reason might well be the  all galvanised panels where paint is almost irrelevant these days  , although the switch to water based paints didnt help either

On 8/17/2018 at 10:57 AM, transam said:

I read somewhere 1.8m..

I read somewhere its a Re Badged Nissan with  Benz Clonker Power and nicer Chairs, so better than a Ford anyway.The old Imported Big M was 1000K rated, fine workhorse .700 is too low for a truck.

1 minute ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I read somewhere its a Re Badged Nissan with  Benz Clonker Power and nicer Chairs, so better than a Ford anyway.The old Imported Big M was 1000K rated, fine workhorse .700 is too low for a truck.

i  read that it  was  beaten by other  pickups at  a  lower  price ( Aussie  tests) and no way Thailand will get a V6, look at the Ozzie  market for engine choices...............its for people with more money than sense who want the 3  pointed swastika..........exclusivity ........mass marketed?

19 minutes ago, kannot said:

I was rating the  two I think are the worst, yes Mercedes  and almost  all others are very  poor but the Colorado ( for some reason) is  not too bad, Mazdas is so bad its almost matt/silk finish on the panels.

One  reason might well be the  all galvanised panels where paint is almost irrelevant these days  , although the switch to water based paints didnt help either

I was of the understanding that the propellants were changed (more environmentally friendly ones), and these cause the orange peel. Nor sure about the colorados; I've not looked closely at them. Black really shows it; the white pearl on the fortuner hides whatever it has well. I've had a few resprayed panels on my civic and they come up not so bad. The nissan dealer respray on my suzuki is terrible though (suzuki didn't have the facilities to do it). The best spray job would be at an independent garage and ask them to sand out the orange peel. 

On 8/17/2018 at 3:13 AM, Esso49 said:

And your point is what exactly.  The Thai Raptor is a good buy for Thais ? 

I think the point is that buyers in Thailand don't consider what is available in the US simply because they might not know what is available in the US, and even if they did it would be an exercise in futility since they are not in the US but in Thailand where they have to content with what is available here.

Since the Americans aren't heavily into diesel unless your pickup has duallies, the US market 2019 Ranger Raptor will reportedly be powered by Ford’s 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6 coupled with the new 10-speed AT, with outputs similar to the 335 horsepower and 380 lb-ft. I want to see the shoehorn they use to get that fitted under the hood!

Now THAT's (at least) a 1.7 m baht beast.

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Since the Americans aren't heavily into diesel unless your pickup has duallies, the US market 2019 Ranger Raptor will reportedly be powered by Ford’s 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6 coupled with the new 10-speed AT, with outputs similar to the 335 horsepower and 380 lb-ft. I want to see the shoehorn they use to get that fitted under the hood!

Now THAT's (at least) a 1.7 m baht beast.

Actually I have done a bit of measuring under the hood of my Vigo, with hugger hedders a small block Chevy V8 will fit, so I could go from 5 to 7 litre choice....?

22 minutes ago, transam said:

Actually I have done a bit of measuring under the hood of my Vigo, with hugger hedders a small block Chevy V8 will fit, so I could go from 5 to 7 litre choice....?

Everything's doable, just need some knowledge on cutting, welding and bending I guess.

I recall Spoonman posting a picture several years ago after he had a real bad experience with the donger in his black Ranger PX that showed a Toyota V6  (or maybe a V8?) slotted under a Ranger PX bonnet.

12 hours ago, faraday said:

Going into town yesterday, a Raptor passed by me.

It has no 'prescence' at all, & looked more unimpressive than when I saw it in the showroom last week.

I really think Ford has messed up.

Plenty munters with fat tires, 2" lifts and 'raptor' decals on bog standard PX2's and they're not even Wildtraks either.

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Plenty munters with fat tires, 2" lifts and 'raptor' decals on bog standard PX2's and they're not even Wildtraks either.

555, 'Munters' that's a word I've not heard in yonks. ?

Don't know how some of these 'fine gentlemen' have the money to tart up their ride, when they appear to not be of a 'white collar' profession - I'm purposely being indirect.

:laugh:

22 hours ago, faraday said:

Going into town yesterday, a Raptor passed by me.

It has no 'prescence' at all, & looked more unimpressive than when I saw it in the showroom last week.

I really think Ford has messed up.

How much presence do you need? It's 2 meters wide. It would barely fit down a soon with oncoming traffic. I've seen a few videos of it and the wildtrak. The motor actually sounds quite good for a diesel. The better buy is the wildtrak unless one can find some Baja desert here.

Archived