FORD Ranger Raptor Worth 1.7M?

kwak250

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, faraday said:

It looked non descript, i.e. no presence.

Compared to a Wildtrak which I have, it looks like a poor relation.

Ok?

:smile:

Well not sure about a wildrak being better if they were both the same price i would have the new baby Rapter

The sales women at Ford kept saying its a Ford "Rapper"

Maybe we might get the Pete Tong edition on the next update?

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

Well not sure about a wildrak being better if they were both the same price i would have the new baby Rapter

Or Pete Townshend...?

4 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Pete Tong Limited Edition doesnt have leather seats  - - - - - - - only vinyl.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2018 at 11:22 AM, transam said:

If I had the cash I would be knocking at the Merc dealer door....The V6 engine is a gem, and the other Merc stuff involved plus constant 4WD is a wow for me...:stoner:

Available in Thailand as I don't see it listed? 

6 minutes ago, fullcave said:

Available in Thailand as I don't see it listed? 

Only available as a grey import currently and will probably remain so.   Rumors are that 2020 will see a vastly improved AMG version ( not the Thai AMG badged crap, but the real AMG from Germany).   That should be something worth waiting for.

The Thai Ranger Raptor has a recovery bar with two eyelets at the rear but the square slot for tow hitch is missing. Granted not many people tow stuff in Thailand but it is frustrating that they have the bar in place already, but decide to omit the tow slot. Must have saved fifty baht to weld it on.

I remembered when the Ranger T6 Wildtrack first came out the Thai model even had heated seats in the first revision. Looks like Ford Thailand has got adept at trimming of the unnecessary bits 

Also looking at the paint quality, the bits around the fender seems a bit dull with 'orange peel' effect, looks like the fender is made of some sort of composite, looks worst in grey, which is a shame since the grey is pretty nice color

The Thai Ranger Raptor has a recovery bar with two eyelets at the rear but the square slot for tow hitch is missing. Granted not many people tow stuff in Thailand but it is frustrating that they have the bar in place already, but decide to omit the tow slot. Must have saved fifty baht to weld it on.

I remembered when the Ranger T6 Wildtrack first came out the Thai model even had heated seats in the first revision. Looks like Ford Thailand has got adept at trimming of the unnecessary bits 

Also looking at the paint quality, the bits around the fender seems a bit dull with 'orange peel' effect, looks like the fender is made of some sort of composite, looks worst in grey, which is a shame since the grey is pretty nice color
Fords do have orange peel paint when new, but it soon flattens in this climate. They could do with snoyher coat or two though, as my Ranger is fairly susceptible to stone chips, which is even worse when white primer is used under black paint.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

On 8/17/2018 at 9:16 AM, transam said:

For that sort of money I would definitely buy the Merc with the proven V6 engine.

260hp to play with and a 0-60mph in 7+ seconds is very impressive...:stoner:

7+ ? Seriously? My VW Scirocco I had in the early 80's did sub 7 sec. And that was only on the 100+hp.

260hp V6 should be better that that.... what's the engine size?

9 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

7+ ? Seriously? My VW Scirocco I had in the early 80's did sub 7 sec. And that was only on the 100+hp.

260hp V6 should be better that that.... what's the engine size?

But your VW weighed the same as a fridge...?

Fords do have orange peel paint when new, but it soon flattens in this climate. They could do with snoyher coat or two though, as my Ranger is fairly susceptible to stone chips, which is even worse when white primer is used under black paint.

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Thicker paint will generally chip more easily than thinner paint....

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2018 at 1:01 PM, DavisH said:

I was of the understanding that the propellants were changed (more environmentally friendly ones), and these cause the orange peel. Nor sure about the colorados; I've not looked closely at them. Black really shows it; the white pearl on the fortuner hides whatever it has well. I've had a few resprayed panels on my civic and they come up not so bad. The nissan dealer respray on my suzuki is terrible though (suzuki didn't have the facilities to do it). The best spray job would be at an independent garage and ask them to sand out the orange peel. 

Sanding isnt necessary just the right pads and paste  will do it, had the wifes  Nissan Juke done a few  years  back, got the dealer to contribute to the cost of it too, note easy to read the bike number plate in my photos

20150309_175252.jpg

20150309_180726.jpg

On 8/17/2018 at 9:16 AM, transam said:

For that sort of money I would definitely buy the Merc with the proven V6 engine.

260hp to play with and a 0-60mph in 7+ seconds is very impressive...:stoner:

Potential Raptor buyers beware...the age old Ford Tranny troubles seem to have hit the Ranger/Everest now...be warned, talk to some Focus/Fiesta owners...

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, siamcrut said:

Image1544190378.874670.jpg

Saw the Raptor the first time at the motor expo in Bgkk this week.
Surrounded by drooling Somchais in fake Levi’s jeans and wearing plastic flip flops.
Their dream car.... What a picture. Priceless!

They has just wandering over from the TRD Tuna stand, same dorks. Yes i was one once.!!.. fell for the bling like the rest.Its a bloody truck, nothing more.The Fords just an upgrade. The Forester Subaru is much nicer.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:12 AM, faraday said:

Looks the same inside as a Wildtrak.

Went to my local Ford dealer, the salesman said they'd sold 30 Raptors.

I doubt it.

2.0L bi Turbo 10AT is more or less unproven as yet in real world conditions so roll of the dice. Have seen one up close on display...a looker for sure, but 1.7M vs say 1M+/- for a new Nissan Navara Black, figure I would go with the latter and leave the Nissan dealership w a great truck and 700k for other play!

• 4 months later...

On 8/17/2018 at 3:18 PM, kannot said:

Does that new engine include total failure when changing engine oil over more than 15 minutes or have they fixed that appalling design error yet?

On 8/17/2018 at 3:20 PM, Esso49 said:

Appalling period

Can you please be so kind and elaborate on this? 

What do you guys mean by total failure and appalling? 

2 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

Can you please be so kind and elaborate on this? 

What do you guys mean by total failure and appalling? 

It is regarding the 3.2, but IF the new 2.0 has the same oiling system then I would pass...

5 minutes ago, transam said:

It is regarding the 3.2, but IF the new 2.0 has the same oiling system then I would pass...

What was happening?  

Is it because the oil pump may fail to prime and leave the engine in a critical no lubrication situation?

I've heard its nothing to worry about IF the oil is changed within a 10 minute time-frame.

56 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

What was happening?  

Is it because the oil pump may fail to prime and leave the engine in a critical no lubrication situation?

I've heard its nothing to worry about IF the oil is changed within a 10 minute time-frame.

Then you do the oil change personally.....????

Archived