New Non-B visa wanted, best places, agents?

Some years ago I made many visa runs, mostly with Jack Golf to the Cambodian border but I also visited Phnom Pen and Penang.

Now I didn't do this for years and I am out of touch with the current situation.

It seems someone in our office f$@%$ up something with my existing Non-B visa and it seems now I have to go out of the country to apply for a new Non-B visa.

In principle I should have all the correct documents but I know there are a lot of documents and it's easy to forget something.

This is why I would prefer to have an agent perfectly in Bangkok and at the destination to make sure all works smoothly.

If you have any good or bad experience with agents and visa run destinations recently please write a few lines.

To be clear: I had for years Non-B one year visa and I should be able to get them eventually again. I am pretty sure the company which I work for has all those documents.

So the agent has not the job to "arrange" something special. The agents job should be to make sure I take all relevant documents with me, fill out the forms correct and do this as smoothly as possible.

I know it will cost money but I prefer to pay a reasonable price instead of having headache to sort things out myself.

5 minutes ago, WonnabeBiker said:

Oh, really? I only ever got 90 days for those... "1 year" you say? Probably you meant the conversion for the duration of your employment contract when back in Thailand...

You are right. In the embassy they issue the visa for 90 days and later in Thailand it will be converted to a one year visa - at least that is the procedure which I know.

So this visa run will be about a 90 days Non-B visa, one entry should be enough.

31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You are right. In the embassy they issue the visa for 90 days and later in Thailand it will be converted to a one year visa - at least that is the procedure which I know.

So this visa run will be about a 90 days Non-B visa, one entry should be enough.

It won't be converted to a one year visa. You get a one year extension of stay based on the 90 day B When you get the extension of stay the 90 day visa is dead gone etc and it's only use is to prove you were entitled to a one year extension of stay.

52 minutes ago, overherebc said:

It won't be converted to a one year visa. You get a one year extension of stay based on the 90 day B When you get the extension of stay the 90 day visa is dead gone etc and it's only use is to prove you were entitled to a one year extension of stay.

Thanks, for me it's same same but different.

I don't really care if the visa is converted or extended or whatever. As soon as I have the 90 days visa I have a reliable agent who takes care of this in Bangkok. But he is only in Bangkok. This is why I am looking for a reliable agent outside the country who can take care of the little details to get that 90 days visa...

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks, for me it's same same but different.

I don't really care if the visa is converted or extended or whatever. As soon as I have the 90 days visa I have a reliable agent who takes care of this in Bangkok. But he is only in Bangkok. This is why I am looking for a reliable agent outside the country who can take care of the little details to get that 90 days visa...

I do not know if you are aware of this, but with a bit of extra documentation, it is possible to get the initial Non B visa in Bangkok without leaving the country. Most find it easier to get the Non B via a consulate, but if your Bangkok agent is really good, have it all taken care of in Bangkok.

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

I do not know if you are aware of this, but with a bit of extra documentation, it is possible to get the initial Non B visa in Bangkok without leaving the country. Most find it easier to get the Non B via a consulate, but if your Bangkok agent is really good, have it all taken care of in Bangkok.

He apparently already has a non-b visa entry and a extension of stay but is having a problem getting another extension so he needs to go out for another non-b visa,

The application for a visa at immigration can only be done with a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It is not really that complicated to get a single entry non-b visa.

Requirements are here from Vientiane embassy website. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/Visa/Non-B business.pdf

And here from the KL website. http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/files/services-20170329-105635-807825.pdf

There are agents in Penang and Phnom Penh but you have to have the correct documents with you for them to do the application.

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is not really that complicated to get a single entry non-b visa.

Requirements are here from Vientiane embassy website. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/Visa/Non-B business.pdf

And here from the KL website. http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/files/services-20170329-105635-807825.pdf

There are agents in Penang and Phnom Penh but you have to have the correct documents with you for them to do the application.

Thanks

Do you know by experience or from trusted people if things are easier in one or the other places mentioned above?

Do you have a name from a reliable agent in one or more of those places?