I am Being Blackmailed and want to prosecute this Skank

PhuketAmerican

My guess is she wants $1000, not 1000 baht.

Call her bluff, tell her to get lost, delete yours and your wife’s FB accounts... those are all good advice.

If she follows through and there aren’t any pictures then it’s her word against yours.  If there are pictures, then you’ll have to act based on how you think your wife will react.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Canuckabroad said:

My guess is she wants $1000, not 1000 baht.

Call her bluff, tell her to get lost, delete yours and your wife’s FB accounts... those are all good advice.

This is the second advice suggesting to delete wife's FB account.

I don't know if your wives are dumb as a post but how on earth would this not raise even more suspicion? If I had a choice between deleting wife's FB account or pics of crack ho blowing me at least with the pics you can say she gave you a date rape drug.

16 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I reckon it's an inside job. His Mrs likely knows he's a dog and as a result she's done a deal to alleviate him of cash before she crucifies him. It's called  the long long play

It could be. People think Thai women are stupid, yet they have lived in the same cheating culture for centuries.

If they ignore things is because they choose to because it benefits them.

"Delete wife's Facebook".lol and rotflmao

3 hours ago, PhuketAmerican said:

If I pay her then go to cops will that work?

No, the cops won't do a thing. They will probably laugh at you.

They will have to make a report, and that's the end of it. They may even refuse to make a report as they would consider this stupid and trivial.

If you want to turn this into a court case, then your lawyer will have to register a case with the court. A lawyer will probably charge you at least 60k if they decide to take it on, and they will probably only take it on to earn some money as you'll probably lose. You won't get any money from her (she's broke) and she won't serve time as it is far too trivial. The judge would likely consider it a waste of court time. After the initial hearing, the judge will schedule the 2 of you for a meditation session in one of the court mediation rooms to settle your differences and recommend it doesn't go to trial. If it does go to trial and you do badly, which is very possible, you could be up for the girl's legal fees too. If handled badly by your lawyer (another strong possibility - this actually happened to me), she may be able to come after you with a counter criminal lawsuit... then you'll be in big shit - surrender passport, post bail (about 100k is standard), visa cancelled and replaced with a temporary visa, and hope for the best. Lose - prison, fine and then deportation... and of course, another 60 - 100k on legal fees and her fees too.

I don't know how busy the courts are in Phuket, but in Pattaya you have to wait months to get as far as mediation. The full distance would take about 6 months if you're lucky.

Then there's always the possibility she may take matters into her own hands if you pursue litigation. i.e. nasty friends coming after you to hurt you.

This is the worst idea you've ever had. To pursue litigation would be foolish... and of course, your wife will find out about your indiscretions anyway.

My recommendation would be to pay her the 1000 baht and see what she does next. Be nice to her. Play it cool. She may leave it at 1000 baht and move on. You could also try ignoring her and call her bluff. If your wife finds out, that's still better than the circus I outlined above. If you're Facebooking for pussy on the side, you must be bored. Maybe it's time to move on.

4 hours ago, PhuketAmerican said:

Every which way you`re stuffed. I certainly would not give in to her demands and pay money and if as you say; she uses drugs, I can assure you this won`t be her last request for money.

Also, how do you know for sure she took photos or videoed you and her doing the deed? This could be a bluff.

First thing to do is block her from your facebook so she`s unable to see your profile and activities on there. Then simply ignore her. If she does know your address and sends any photos or videos to your wife, that is a criminal offence, take it to the police and file a criminal case against her. If the worse comes to the worse and your wife finds out, you`ll just have to face the music then hope for the best.

BTW, hope you used common sense and had safe sex.

7 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Every which way you`re stuffed. I certainly would not give in to her demands and pay money and if as you say; she uses drugs, I can assure you this won`t be her last request for money.

Also, how do you know for sure she took photos or videoed you and her doing the deed? This could be a bluff.

First thing to do is block her from your facebook so she`s unable to see your profile and activities on there. Then simply ignore her. If she does know your address and sends any photos or videos to your wife, that is a criminal offence, take it to the police and file a criminal case against her. If the worse comes to the worse and your wife finds out, you`ll just have to face the music then hope for the best.

BTW, hope you used common sense and had safe sex.

Lol safe sex. Very funny but I suspect that was a complete accident.

You can't go to the cops if you want to keep what happened a secret as sooner or later - most likely sooner - everything will be known by everyone.  Therefore you need a strategy to kill this situation as quickly as you can.

I'd never normally suggest paying off someone who was blackmailing you but if she wants 1,000 baht then I would give it to her.  Many Thais have this idea that nothing in life is free....so she probably sees your tryst as an action by her that resulted in a debt you now owe her.  Pay her and in her mind that will be the end of it.  I disagree with others who believe that she will request more money from you - I doubt she will come back asking for more. 

And I'd actually tell her that you're very sorry about what happened.  This, again, might sound like a crazy thing to say to a blackmailer but you're looking for a strategy to resolve the situation, right?  Apologising is what I would do.  Contrition works with Thais and is an effective means of deescalating and resolving a difficult situation.  The absolute last thing you should try and do is tell this woman she is in the wrong or, God forbid, say to her that you will go to the police or anything like that.  That will escalate things and make it much worse and much more difficult to resolve.  It has been my experience that in confrontations most Thais cannot be reasoned with.

So I'll go totally against the grain here and suggest that you pay her 1,000 baht (which is peanuts in terms of the big picture) and apologise for any upset you may have caused her.  With a bit of luck that will be the end of it.

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

It could be. People think Thai women are stupid, yet they have lived in the same cheating culture for centuries.

If they ignore things is because they choose to because it benefits them.

"Delete wife's Facebook".lol and rotflmao

That's up there with one of the dumbest knee Jerk ideas I've read on here actually. If the lad is so dim that he is using Facebook to cheat whilst connected to his wife etc on fb then the word delete must be too technical for him anyway. I'm surprised he figured out how to write a post. 

5 hours ago, PhuketAmerican said:

Your screwed by your own unfaithfulness and once you pay the first 1,000 it will never end.

She is testing you to see how desperate you are.

Outsmarted by a Thai girl.

You deserve what you have coming to you.

5 hours ago, PhuketAmerican said:

But blackmail is illegal, think I can get her done? I think she takes drugs too. Id love to semd this skank ti hell

Now she is a skank because she outsmarted you?

What do you call people cheating on their wives in their own country?

You need a thai friend who can handle this situation. Stay outside and relax.

He will explain to her on her level and language that he can't accept to loose face because she makes problem to his friend you.

Your problem is on a smaller scale. Saw many times how real big problems go away after a chat with the right friend.

I reckon tell the wife and provide other girls address and details . The way Thai women deal with this is go and bash the other girl, not only for sleeping with her hubby but also for wanting to take her share of the money .

worse you will get is s few slaps on the face and possibly sleeping on the sofa for a few days

9 hours ago, PhuketAmerican said:

But blackmail is illegal, think I can get her done? I think she takes drugs too. Id love to semd this skank ti hell

And you spent a night with this woman in a hotel room?

As a married man with your wife at home?

Zero sympathy here.

You made your bed, you lie in it.

13 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Well it doesnt seem like she is a straight out simple and experienced con artist.  So a thou or two may work as balo says, but crazies are unpredictable.

Not so sure if that was sent to the OP the next day. Certainly seems a bit pre-meditated to me. Also being able to get the wife's email address from an unsecured FB account, perhaps not rocket science but I reckon planned from the start.

As others have guessed, don't think this is going to end with a one off payment of 1,000 baht.

Looking at the message you posted , it all started during your encounter. Was something said or done that made her feel like this . Did you have sex and then tell her you are married . Did she expect payment for the encounter which you refused to give or is she mentally unstable, in which case you should not have had the encounter in the first place . I don’t think it’s blackmail as such otherwise she would be asking for more “ a woman scorned “ seems more than likely.

The police if reported will listen to both sides and if she’s deemed in the wrong will be spoken to , however having her prosecuted is very unlikely.

Archived