Loud, noise, noisy Thai standard

Hummin

5 hours ago, 1sickpuppy said:

They are so quite, compared to Burmese, if you hear them jabber you would not be complaining

Thailand is as quiet as the grave compared to Vietnam, where the entire population yells incomprehensible oaths at one another from dawn to dusk, and then from dusk to dawn.

If you turned round to look every time you heard maximum-volume shouting, you'd need a neck brace within 24 hours.

My wife has a loud voice can here her two houses away. My left ear has an ache most the time b cause she turns and talks to someone in back seat. I’ve asked one million times doesn’t help .... I can be on the  ack of the lot and still hear her....... so if she’s ever trying to keep a secret they’ll hear it..... life goes on.

6 hours ago, alien365 said:

My family and most of my neighbours are very quiet. My neighbor behind us though drives us crazy with an awfully loud witch voice and cackle. The police have been called a few times

I wouldn't mess with a Thai witch. Better just stab both your eardrums.

22 hours ago, soistalker said:

What's on your playlist, sunny jim?

We've got Allah ou Akbar on our district speakers 5 times a day starting at around 5.00am. Music to my ears - NOT!

Why is it Muslims deem it necessary to subject the entire local population to their chantings, what makes them so special?

I'm told there is an app for mobile phones which announces the same on a personal level or, if they are so bl..dy devout, why don't they set an alarm clock.

On 8/19/2018 at 10:51 AM, catman20 said:

Is it me, her or I just have to accept how it is ? How hard can it be

No she stupid and so are you sorry to say for putting up with it. Grow a pair and put your foot down. If she likes you she will respect you and be quite if she does not then she will continue as she is. Then it's time to show her the door.

May I ask where you come from sir, who have such cojones, and dear to challenge your wify like that!

I come from a part of the world where conflicts is rear, and we do not exercise extremsport in the relationship!

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

May I ask where you come from sir, who have such cojones, and dear to challenge your wify like that!

I come from a part of the world where conflicts is rear, and we do not exercise extremsport in the relationship!

where i come from dose not matter. i am a man and i act like one im not married and nor would i marry again, let alone a Thai woman, yes some of them can be good women if they like and respect you. the women the OP is referring to i think does  neither or she would not behave the way she does.

14 minutes ago, catman20 said:

where i come from dose not matter. i am a man and i act like one im not married and nor would i marry again, let alone a Thai woman, yes some of them can be good women if they like and respect you. the women the OP is referring to i think does  neither or she would not behave the way she does.

It might be the glasses you read with is coloured by your own experiences. 

Indeed, where you come from matters, when it comes to respect for women  and basic comon sense and understanding. 

Btw Im the op, and sometimes, I do get frustrated, but it could have been worse. Much worse than this! I could have been single ? 

13 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It might be the glasses you read with is coloured by your own experiences. 

Indeed, where you come from matters, when it comes to respect for women  and basic comon sense and understanding. 

Btw Im the op, and sometimes, I do get frustrated, but it could have been worse. Much worse than this! I could have been single ? 

i am from the UK ive been married 1 time for 17 years very happy however relationships run their course as mine did, we had a good divorce and remained friends for a while so i have no chip on my shoulder or bitter about any of my own experiences.

from what your saying your wife dose not respect you because if she did you would not have to ask her many time and then ask people on here their opinions.

i am single i live alone never sleep alone and have had many beautiful girlfriends and relationships here in Thailand and still have with good women who respect me my home and what i like want and need and in return i do the same for them.

in short am i a pig NO but im i the boss YES ?

@Catman20

RESPECT!

Im not married, never will be married again. And Im a man, but I do not need to practice it. I also know how noisy and loud thais are, and I guess I was just annoyed and bored, and just started a new tread. 

I will let her know what you think, and come back to you later with what happend. 

I will tell her I will kick her out of the appartment if she does not respect me, and my words. 

14 hours ago, Hummin said:

@Catman20

RESPECT!

Im not married, never will be married again. And Im a man, but I do not need to practice it. I also know how noisy and loud thais are, and I guess I was just annoyed and bored, and just started a new tread. 

I will let her know what you think, and come back to you later with what happend. 

I will tell her I will kick her out of the appartment if she does not respect me, and my words. 

dont think you will be saying anything like that mate we all know who wears the trousers in your place. :cheesy: good luck with that anyway.

12 minutes ago, catman20 said:

dont think you will be saying anything like that mate we all know who wears the trousers in your place. :cheesy: good luck with that anyway.

Thank you, you are my hero! 

6287FAE8-EC81-4430-AC19-38B32733518D.jpeg

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:05 AM, Tofer said:

We've got Allah ou Akbar on our district speakers 5 times a day starting at around 5.00am. Music to my ears - NOT!

Why is it Muslims deem it necessary to subject the entire local population to their chantings, what makes them so special?

I'm told there is an app for mobile phones which announces the same on a personal level or, if they are so bl..dy devout, why don't they set an alarm clock.

I have 2 mosques within earshot of me. Used to live in Morocco so it brings back happy memories for me. I particularly like it when a woman makes the call to prayer. Unusual for me.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I have 2 mosques within earshot of me. Used to live in Morocco so it brings back happy memories for me. I particularly like it when a woman makes the call to prayer. Unusual for me.

I lived in Oman some years ago, and had 5 mosques surrounding my office / apartment, all sounding off at slightly different times. Even if I managed to sleep through a few, one eventually got me out of my slumber. Didn't really matter, I was that busy I worked 16-18 hours a day 6.5 days a week anyway. Ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at my desk usually. Only went to bed when I'd had too many gins to focus on work anymore!

On 8/19/2018 at 11:52 AM, dotpoom said:

I have to say.....the loud exausts are becoming a hugh problem for me (and the "full beam" headlamps on motorbikes and cars after dark).

In all seriousness, if you are overly sensitive to headlights, it could be a sign of early cataracts.

This was the case with me.

Don't panic, it can be fixed, and you can delay it until it's really bothersome.

Another sign is if you can't find any setting in the optometrists chair that lets you see the eye chart with total clarity.

Get it checked out.

41 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

In all seriousness, if you are overly sensitive to headlights, it could be a sign of early cataracts.

This was the case with me.

Don't panic, it can be fixed, and you can delay it until it's really bothersome.

Another sign is if you can't find any setting in the optometrists chair that lets you see the eye chart with total clarity.

Get it checked out.

And when you go for your driving test and the examiner asks 'Can you read the number plate on that car?' and you answer 'What car?'

• 2 weeks later...

Thais have learned to tune it out since they were babies. Barking dogs, motorcycle engines, neighbor's Thai pop music. It's all just background noise that you don't really notice.

In your home countries, Thais will be sure to complain about extremely loud sirens,  sports cars blasting gangsta rap audible from a mile away, Farang bike gangs, screaming Farang kids with no manners, Farangs yelling loudly and shamelessly in public, annoying Farang "music" such as deafening death metal, weird Farang strangers at the grocery store queue talking at you non-stop about the recent football game and his ex-wife, and argumentative blabbering Farang politicians on TV.

Different types of noise pollution in different countries. It's actually far worse in other countries India and Egypt, so Thailand isn't really that bad.

Archived