Jump to content
BANGKOK 22 March 2019 23:04
Thailand J

Bangkok Bank Visa Credit Card use as ATM Card?

Recommended Posts

It seems possible to link your Bangkok Bank Visa credit card to your saving account and use it as an ATM, and leave your Union Pay ATM at home. You will debit money directly from the saving account , not a Visa cash advance.

Has anyone tried this?

BBL.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good info...didn't know that.  That could come in handy. 

 

But some of us have also opened additional Bangkok Bank accounts to specifically have an account "without" an associated ATM card to keep the bulk of our day to day living money.  Then periodically do a transfer from that no-ATM account to your account "with ATM card"...only keep a low amount in the account with ATM card in case the card would ever get compromised and used to drain the account.   Of course you could do the multiple accounts thing at any Thai bank....not just Bangkok Bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about the one from Bangkok Bank, but I use my Visa credit card from Kasikornbank as ATM card. 

Important is, that you use on the ATM the saving account as if you would use the current loan account it would go to your credit account were you have to pay some high fees.

But I love to not have a separate ATM debit card, when It can be done with the credit card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, HampiK said:

I don't know about the one from Bangkok Bank, but I use my Visa credit card from Kasikornbank as ATM card. 

Important is, that you use on the ATM the saving account as if you would use the current loan account it would go to your credit account were you have to pay some high fees.

But I love to not have a separate ATM debit card, when It can be done with the credit card.

I tried cash withdrawal using both my Kasiorn Passion and Platinum credit cards on Kasikorn ATM. Both cards were declined with invalid account error if I choose saving as source of fund. Only credit card account works.

Do I need to visit the Kasikorn branch to enable this cash withdrawal from saving account using credit card?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sanmyintmaung said:

I tried cash withdrawal using both my Kasiorn Passion and Platinum credit cards on Kasikorn ATM. Both cards were declined with invalid account error if I choose saving as source of fund. Only credit card account works.

Do I need to visit the Kasikorn branch to enable this cash withdrawal from saving account using credit card?

Yes you have to connect your credit card with your ATM account. How else they should know where your money should taken from. As you could have more than 1 account at this bank. Go to see your bank branch and ask to connect your credit card with that account. My bank told me, it would need about 2 weeks till I can use it. And at that time they also told me to always use saving accounts. So after you gone to your branch, then you will know it works when this error not appears anymore.

I am very happy with this solution.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have to pay any fees when you withdraw money from your savings account by your credit card?


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bravo19 said:

Do you have to pay any fees when you withdraw money from your savings account by your credit card?


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I don't think there is a fee, cash withdrawal from an ATM when you choose "saving account"  will be a direct debit .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...