Pentagon says China military 'likely training for strikes' on U.S. targets

webfact

On 8/18/2018 at 6:22 PM, tonbridgebrit said:

A great post. And I will answer it.

Because, because people are hypocritical. The attitude is, "we are allowed to do it, but China is not allowed".

Funny, and here I was thinking "hypocritical" would apply to ignoring anything reflecting negatively on China, and dabbling in alternative facts when necessary.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/18/2018 at 11:27 PM, tonbridgebrit said:

How about, I'd rather see both the US and China "not do it" ???

And Washington is trying to tell the world that it is an international police officer, across planet earth. If Washington stops being an 'international police officer', well, I do not wish to see China replacing Washington. Is that okay ?

You  just want China to get a break bullying its neighbors. Not okay.

On 8/18/2018 at 11:31 PM, tonbridgebrit said:

The problem is, there's people out there who genuinely have such views. There's some people who really do reckon that it's only right that America should be allowed to do this,  and nobody else should be allowed.  And there's others who genuinely believe the false picture that is put out by some in the media.

Comments about "false picture" are amusing, coming from certain posters.

6 hours ago, Morch said:

You  just want China to get a break bullying its neighbors. Not okay.

China,  Bullying who?  Theyre throwing money at the region with NO preconditions,  and the region can't get enough of China. INCLUDING the Philippines, which is why Du30 was kissing up in Beijing and allowing Chinese bases offshore.  He doesn't recognise international courts,  and neither do the US, by the way.  

Sure I'd rather have the US than China holding the biggest stick.  But let's not kid ourselves America is some warm and fuzzy world Grandpa. It's not.  

7 hours ago, Small Joke said:

China,  Bullying who?  Theyre throwing money at the region with NO preconditions

Except for high interest loans that create a debt trap that forces countries to give up sovereignty over their own territory to the Chinese.

8 hours ago, Small Joke said:

China,  Bullying who?  Theyre throwing money at the region with NO preconditions,  and the region can't get enough of China. INCLUDING the Philippines, which is why Du30 was kissing up in Beijing and allowing Chinese bases offshore.  He doesn't recognise international courts,  and neither do the US, by the way.  

Sure I'd rather have the US than China holding the biggest stick.  But let's not kid ourselves America is some warm and fuzzy world Grandpa. It's not.  

No preconditions. No bullying. Sure thing. They just want to help.

Note that there was nothing said (other than by yourself) about the US being "some warm and fuzzy world Grandpa", but seems like you're quite comfortable portraying China as such. Try harder.

5 hours ago, Morch said:

No preconditions. No bullying. Sure thing. They just want to help.

Note that there was nothing said (other than by yourself) about the US being "some warm and fuzzy world Grandpa", but seems like you're quite comfortable portraying China as such. Try harder.

What is this ????
The poster has already said "Sure I'd rather have the US than China holding the biggest stick."  This poster is willing to side with Washington, but you accuse him of siding with Beijing ?  What ???

13 hours ago, Small Joke said:

"Throwing money with NO preconditions".  Well, there are some preconditions, but China's terms are more generous than deals previously dished out by Washington.

"Sure I'd rather have the US than China holding the biggest stick". Actually, how about US and China having sticks that are the same size ?

"But let's not kid ourselves America is some warm and fuzzy world Grandpa. It's not."
And this comment, I totally agree with. The problem is, half of all Americans reckon that Washington IS a warm fuzzy Grandpa to the world. I reckon a quarter of all Americans say "look, I don't like my tax dollars being used to provide peace and security to other countries, we owe them nothing, why should we pay to give them foreign countries these benefits".
That's basically believing that Washington "is a warm fuzzy grandpa, and being angry at having to pay tax to support it."

1 hour ago, tonbridgebrit said:

What is this ????
The poster has already said "Sure I'd rather have the US than China holding the biggest stick."  This poster is willing to side with Washington, but you accuse him of siding with Beijing ?  What ???

More of your inane nonsense. What the poster claims to prefer is one thing, what he alleges regarding China is another. Considering duplicity and feigned even-handedness play a major part in your own posts, the faux outrage is understandable. 

1 hour ago, tonbridgebrit said:

"Throwing money with NO preconditions".  Well, there are some preconditions, but China's terms are more generous than deals previously dished out by Washington.

"Sure I'd rather have the US than China holding the biggest stick". Actually, how about US and China having sticks that are the same size ?

"But let's not kid ourselves America is some warm and fuzzy world Grandpa. It's not."
And this comment, I totally agree with. The problem is, half of all Americans reckon that Washington IS a warm fuzzy Grandpa to the world. I reckon a quarter of all Americans say "look, I don't like my tax dollars being used to provide peace and security to other countries, we owe them nothing, why should we pay to give them foreign countries these benefits".
That's basically believing that Washington "is a warm fuzzy grandpa, and being angry at having to pay tax to support it."

You can spew whatever nonsense you like - it still doesn't make your comments factual. China's "terms" are not necessarily "more generous" than those offered by the US, even if things were easily comparable.

And not surprising you "agree" with said comment. It is about as genuine as your own Chinese-made straw men. There wasn't much said about the US being "some warm and fuzzy world Grandpa" really. Just a handy made up background for the usual bashing. Them assertions you toss about regarding what Americans believe, and how many of them believe this or that are about as reliable as the rest of your propagandist drivel.

Archived