Rental Contact confusion

Hi , I’m a bit new here but have a little problem.

just now have given 1 month notice of vacating my Condo.

ive been living in complex nearly 2 and half years.

changed Condo once when offered bigger one in same complex.

My problem is I signed a new contract which expired in May.

The lady in the office now says I owe 6000 baht for each month

living past May because I never signed new contract locking me in 

for 12 more months.

Says I am short term renter.

No contract was offered and none would have been signed.

No talk of rent increase when I paid my rent on time every month.

Looks like I’m going to lose my deposit plus some.

She says she will ring owner, I asked for owners number so I can 

contact as well.

What can I do.

Seems like the office lady is trying it on, to see if your stupid enough to pay,

you have receipts for rental payments,right,its their job to get you to sign new

rental contract,also yours as well if you wanted to stay there.

6000K THB is a big increase in rental if they say you are temporary,how much

is your normal rental charge ?, like you said ,looks like you are not going to be

getting back your deposit,as they say you owe 18K THB,then they will say theres

damage and cleaning charges, welcome to Thailand, you need to speak to the

owner. good luck.

regards worgeordie

The "lady" in the office is trying it on. If you have kept receipts for the months after May, those prove she accepted payment on the basis of the expired contract.

Also contact the owners if possible and ask them to verify her claim. If they don't, tell her where to go. If they do, point out to them they do not want an aggrieved tenant with another month to go in their condo.

Please challenge the information provided by the juristic manager .Managers are clever at creating charges often I'll illegally. You should have been notified of any new charges after May .Inform the owner  directly of your grievance and intention to consult the consumer protection authorities if a reasonable outcome is not forthcoming .

On 8/17/2018 at 11:07 AM, worgeordie said:

Seems like the office lady is trying it on, to see if your stupid enough to pay,

you have receipts for rental payments,right,its their job to get you to sign new

rental contract,also yours as well if you wanted to stay there.

6000K THB is a big increase in rental if they say you are temporary,how much

is your normal rental charge ?, like you said ,looks like you are not going to be

getting back your deposit,as they say you owe 18K THB,then they will say theres

damage and cleaning charges, welcome to Thailand, you need to speak to the

owner. good luck.

regards worgeordie

Rental rental scammer lol. She can't manage the tampon once a month. Go hard on her. She can't do anything 

On 8/17/2018 at 11:30 AM, badjoke said:

The joys of renting in Thailand.  Sign a contract and then kiss your 2 month deposit goodbye

Really not true as I have not lost any rental deposit ever.  OP needs to look at his lease. It will cover his question about staying after the lease expires month to month. Short term stays are usually more expensive than long term stays. But bring on the hysteria and Thai bashing and the exception to the rule case of how someone got screwed so all thai landlords are bad. Probably a clause that says renew your lease or pay 6000 more per month  as a month to month tenant unless you stay another 12 months. Not hard to read the lease is it?  —even if you don’t like what it states. 

After initial contract expired you are not required by any law to sign a new one, after expiry your contract automatically becomes month by month.

Either party still has to give 30 days notice in case of termination or rent increase.

what you should do ? Firstly look for a new condo as clearly here you will have problems , second contact Consumer protection board and file a complaint .

To make sure they do not grow big brain, ask for tax receipts for every monthly payment you made, tax had to be paid by landlord which naturally was not.

On 8/17/2018 at 9:58 PM, Lacessit said:

If they do, point out to them they do not want an aggrieved tenant with another month to go in their condo.

I think that might be considered a threat and if the op actually acts on it and causes damage to the property the owner can complain to the police and the op might face criminal charges

My original and only contract which ended on May 9th was for 16000 a month.

I continued paying this amount on time every month since.

There was never a mention of a new contract or price increase.

i have found new accommodation which I’m moving to soon.

The Jurisic officer has since offered half my bond back but I’m not holding

my breath on this.

Thanks for replies.

Where is this consumer office in Pattaya.

Archived