When is Terminal 21 scheduled for opening ?

thairookie

The shopping scene is Pattaya is getting a bit bland with Central Festival being the lone flag bearer.  T21 is a nice addition as it's located along the baht bus route, unlike Harbor Mall.  I hope there will be a main departmental store such as Robinsons or Central or The Mall or Zen to spruce up the shopping experience.

Okay ... any idea when T21 will start operating ?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd prefer no large department store in T21.  What makes T21 in BKK great other than the Food Park is that it has many small unique one-off shops with good quality items that you don't see in the run of the mill type mall like Central Festival.

The most recent schedule date I heard was October.  If not October it should be soon after.  They likely want to be up and running before high season.

1 hour ago, AlexCanada said:

I'd prefer no large department store in T21.  What makes T21 in BKK great other than the Food Park is that it has many small unique one-off shops with good quality items that you don't see in the run of the mill type mall like Central Festival.

The most recent schedule date I heard was October.  If not October it should be soon after.  They likely want to be up and running before high season.

The presence of an anchor departmental store is inclusive - we can still have many unique stores, as in MBK where Tokyu is the anchor tenant.

What I found is, that they started recruiting staff last month (13/14 July).

Job fair with 125 companies.

A post on tripadvisor says that a date of Friday, Oct 19 has been released. No source, so to be used with caution.

19 October seems more than rumor.

There are misc. sources in Thai language to confirm this date.

Cost was about 6 billion Baht (~182 million USD).

If you live in Pattaya: do your travel plans to escape in time :shock1:

6 minutes ago, champers said:

First week in October is Golden Week in China when millions go on holiday. Would be a good time to open.

I don't bet on this 19 October.

It's based on an "informed source / retail executive" :whistling:.

From an article in "prachachat.net", some online economy magazine.

So not a big public announcement.

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I don't bet on this 19 October.

It's based on an "informed source / retail executive" :whistling:.

From an article in "prachachat.net", some online economy magazine.

So not a big public announcement.

I think my 1st week in October guess may be an aspiration rather than a reality. There is a lot of activity 7 days a week outside, but who knows about progress inside?

5 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

I'm of the opposite mind regarding department stores. The department store at Central is my go-to shop for a lot of stuff I can't get anywhere else. It has been an invaluable shopping spot for me over the years since it has been open.  

But you'll have your wish at T21 as I doubt there will be one there.

They already had a job fair inside the mall where the tenants set up shop to interview and hire staff for the stores inside and most businesses in there is unanimous that the mall wants everyone to open on 19th October

The T21 in Asoke was opened on the same day in 2011

Only the one in Korat was opened on 19th December

T21 is my least favorite mall in BKK.  I'll take Paragon, Em Quartier and Central over T21.

Love to have something from the Mall Group in Pattaya but I don't think Pattaya is upscale enough

for their liking.

12 minutes ago, LALes said:

T21 is my least favorite mall in BKK.  I'll take Paragon, Em Quartier and Central over T21.

Love to have something from the Mall Group in Pattaya but I don't think Pattaya is upscale enough

for their liking.

Yes, while in Bangkok T21 seldom excites me.  Like you, I prefer The Mall Bangkapi, Zen, Isetan, Tokyu and Central World/Chidlom.  T21 is an enclosed and air conditioned version of Pratunam market.  I like the decor, especially the toilets.  But without a departmental store, a lot of stuff will go missing - such as exquisite timepieces and Jaguar shirts @ 499 baht.

1 minute ago, ross163103 said:

This could be the death knell for Royal Garden--the original mall in Pattaya,. They've gone downhill ever since Central opened.  

They are not helping their cause by by their very high parking fees.  They should be thrilled to death that anyone is choosing to shop there and the parking should be free.

9 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

Royal Garden--the original mall in Pattaya

Its been a while since I was living in Pattaya, but all we had then was Mike (formerly Mai) dept store on Beach Rd (main entrance) and Pattaya Shoes Dept store on 2nd road. Royal Garden only came along later.

It looks huge but recently i was in Central marina mall very nice but kinda empty with customers easy to park car, buying stuff ,having dinner etc. T21 will be built 200 meters besides that mall but for what purpose?

They obviously should have built it in Jomtien seaside.

53 minutes ago, newnative said:

They are not helping their cause by by their very high parking fees.  They should be thrilled to death that anyone is choosing to shop there and the parking should be free.

This is true. I used to go to Royal Garden regularly for lunch in Sizzler. But now they have introduced the tedious car parking validation procedure that involves traipsing up to a desk on an upper floor, and the new parking entrance doesnt even seem to have a sign up explaining what the fees are at all.

So now I just go to Central instead. Drive in: take ticket: park: surrender ticket: leave.

Royal Garden, like The Avenue, is a disaster of poor management.

54 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Its been a while since I was living in Pattaya, but all we had then was Mike (formerly Mai) dept store on Beach Rd (main entrance) and Pattaya Shoes Dept store on 2nd road. Royal Garden only came along later.

Dont forget Day/Night (now Tukcom).

That said, I think that the Royal Garden can correctly be described as the first up-market shopping centre in Pattaya.

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

It looks huge but recently i was in Central marina mall very nice but kinda empty with customers easy to park car, buying stuff ,having dinner etc. T21 will be built 200 meters besides that mall but for what purpose?

Try the Big C grocery at Marina any late afternoon/early evening.  Always packed with lots of Chinese. But, you're right, parking is very easy and my partner and I will continue to do most of our food shopping there as its so easy to get in and out.  T21 wanted the synergy of the location it chose.

4 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

You must not have not been to a T21.  I like Marina also, but there is no comparison just drive by now and take a look. All the movies there are in Thai, that ought to tell you something.

T21 will be a spectacle of a place.  A destination mall and entertainment venue.

Why build any mall in Jomtien? The majority of the tourist dollars and potential mall visitors are in Central and surrounding areas. I bet Jomtien will never have one.

There are thousands of condo units already built along Jomtien beach and second roads..with more being built..Im sure a Jomtien big Mall would do  quite well..and believe one will eventually be built

( but obviously not by me ! ? )

Archived