When is Terminal 21 scheduled for opening ?

thairookie

10 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Why? Most people in Pattaya are intrinsically very boring. I could get more stimulation from watching paint dry, or indeed from watching the view from my condo.

I really like sitting with a coffee and watching the sexy girls go by.  100's of them walking the mall in the short/shorts and short tops.  Otherwise, there are some interesting characters from all parts of the world walking around.  I do not find it boring at all.

But,  if you are stimulated staying and sitting in your Jomtien condo "watching the paint dry" and looking out the window at all that dirt on your patio from the passing cars (your words in a prior post) then go enjoy.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I guess people can sit in their apartments and make their own coffee, cook their own food, and watch movies on the internet.

Many like to get out a few days a week to do these activities in a mall.

Do some people watching and get some exercise.

Try it, it is not a terrible thing.

Yes, I go out, but I do not call going to malls going out !

how ridiculous it is to leave home to lock myself indoor somewhere else, especially a dump mall ! But I agree with you, the day when people will have a brain, I guess that I will know it !

And when I want to exercise I go to a proper gym, but of course not in a mall !

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:
9 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Why? Most people in Pattaya are intrinsically very boring. I could get more stimulation from watching paint dry, or indeed from watching the view from my condo.

I really like sitting with a coffee and watching the sexy girls go by.  100's of them walking the mall in the short/shorts and short tops.  Otherwise, there are some interesting characters from all parts of the world walking around.  I do not find it boring at all.

But,  if you are stimulated staying and sitting in your Jomtien condo "watching the paint dry" and looking out the window at all that dirt on your patio from the passing cars (your words in a prior post) then go enjoy.

You're probably right on the money there. KittenKong's favourite pastime is "watching the paint dry". Watching the walls at home is a lot cheaper too.

5 minutes ago, tropo said:

The stupidity is not understanding why people enjoy going to malls. Did you leave your brain in the US?

No but it seems that many foreigners who live in Thailand, YES !

You must need so many things to have to visit a mall so often, especially nowadays that anything can be bought cheaper online.

But yes, I am certainly wrong to think that people must really have no life to need malls !!!

16 hours ago, The manic said:

I am not freaking out. But I am aware of the income levels in Thailand and find the malls vulgar and materialistic servicing shallow but wealthy people who need to define themselves via labels, the ultimate in insecurity and lack of confidence and creativity. A cult following is by definition a minority but I would be happy if most of these outlets were busy. I have been to all the malls you mentioned as they are useful for toilets, food halls and ogling tackle. However, most of the shops seem empty and no I have never seen queues  or even full shops for these designer outlets except during times of serious reductions such as the Karl Lagerfield sale in Central a couple of months ago..But usually the shops are dead. When I see them I feel sorry for the assistants and I feel depressed. Really sad for the Thai staff stuck in a low paid, wage slave job living on the edge of opulence that never really  makes it. I hope these malls work. I use their food courts and toilets but wonder sometimes about their actual customer base. Deep down it all seems so shallow to me and so tacky and conformist. I used to stay in Pattaya when they were building the Avenue. It never seemed to take off. The harbour mall seems quiet to me. I go there for the GKN only but I look round the place. I hope Area 21 gets a peoples market going faster right from the start than the Avenue. The history of mall developments in the USA is unwanted, unessecary projects, pushed through with dodgy Planning permission, mafia money laundering, local government corruption, kickbacks, secret subsidies ,the destruction of communities and small businesses and the eventual desertion of whole empty shells of unused buildings...till the next one gets approved. They might well be a necessary evil but I'm still staggered that people anticipate their completion with pleasure and actually think of them in positive terms.

You totally missed the point again. Maybe if you spent less time in the toilets you'd understand better what's going on.

Most of the shops in these malls are middle range, not expensive. If you see any popular brand, they are popular for a reason. They do something right. Zara and H&M are very good examples. They are now among of the world's leading clothing outlets. They specialize in selling fashion items at affordable prices. You can buy fashion clothing for the same price as market junk. Times are changing. Do you really think wealthy people are in these stores? No, they are not. You'll see a lot of bar girls in there spending their salaries though. 

7 minutes ago, tropo said:

You totally missed the point again. Maybe if you spent less time in the toilets you'd understand better what's going on.

Most of the shops in these malls are middle range, not expensive. If you see any popular brand, they are popular for a reason. They do something right. Zara and H&M are very good examples. They are now among of the world's leading clothing outlets. They specialize in selling fashion items at affordable prices. You can buy fashion clothing for the same price as market junk. Times are changing. Do you really think wealthy people are in these stores? No, they are not. You'll see a lot of bar girls in there spending their salaries though. 

I wander around many different malls as I have made clear. I enjoy the food courts and supermarkets. The shops are for expensive designer labels. In my 30 years of using street markets in Thailand I have found the quality of clothing to be excellent.  I do not live in Thailand to indulge in designer label snobbery. I do not spend an inordinate of time in the toilets but it is a fact shopping malls provide good facilities, including washing opportunities.  Try them sometime. 

5 minutes ago, The manic said:

I wander around many different malls as I have made clear. I enjoy the food courts and supermarkets. The shops are for expensive designer labels. In my 30 years of using street markets in Thailand I have found the quality of clothing to be excellent.  I do not live in Thailand to indulge in designer label snobbery. I do not spend an inordinate of time in the toilets but it is a fact shopping malls provide good facilities, including washing opportunities.  Try them sometime. 

Yes u have no money left for to spend in malls because u prefer spending it at WS.

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I cant see the dirt when I'm looking at the view, and as it is a thin layer of dust I cant actually see it at all until it is swept up. To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, we all sitting on dirty tiles but some of us are looking at the stars.

For mental stimulation I prefer to read a book or listen to the radio, or do some programming. People here are not interesting.

On 8/19/2018 at 8:06 AM, elgenon said:

Royal is fully rented. Stores upscaling. Have you actually gone there? New supermarket with restaurant. Food court pricier too. Great view though

As a matter of fact, I have gone there for many years--23+, so have some idea of what it was like when it first opened compared to now. Maybe it is fully rented but it has gone downhill ever since Central opened--in my opinion. I still go there when I want to avoid the crowds. 

On 8/18/2018 at 11:12 AM, ross163103 said:

This could be the death knell for Royal Garden--the original mall in Pattaya,. They've gone downhill ever since Central opened.  

and they charge for parking the car, which is ludicrous if you are trying  to survive T21. The food on the top floor has also gone down hill.  I dont think they will keep going as is. 

On 8/19/2018 at 9:09 AM, bkk6060 said:

Pattaya T21 food court 800 seats same prices as Bkk.  It will be the most popular spot in town just wait.

which is why I will avoid it like the plague for at least a couple of years and never at a weekend 

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

and they charge for parking the car, which is ludicrous if you are trying  to survive T21. The food on the top floor has also gone down hill.  I dont think they will keep going as is. 

many years ago we always went to Royal Garden , have not been there now for a couple of years , almost forgot it was there .

33 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

many years ago we always went to Royal Garden , have not been there now for a couple of years , almost forgot it was there .

We did too, always stayed at the Marriott, but It's not worth returning.  It looks uninspiring and tired.  They have even closed the Starbucks on the top floor, which says it all really. 

14 hours ago, The manic said:

Wrong again. The quality of the labeled stuff is far superior to the junk you buy at markets. We do live in Thailand and buy at both, so we're well aware of the differences. And once again, most of the shops at these malls are not "expensive designer labels" as I already covered. You'll need to go to BKK to find them. Most of the clothes don't even have visible labels, so "snobbery" is not an issue.

What are these "washing opportunities" you speak of. Do you go to the mall to take a shower or wash your clothes?

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:
On 8/18/2018 at 11:12 AM, ross163103 said:

This could be the death knell for Royal Garden--the original mall in Pattaya,. They've gone downhill ever since Central opened.  

Royal Garden even charges me to park my motorcycle. I don't think they had any choice due to its location. Too many non-shoppers would fill the carpark up if it was free.

I don't think T21 will affect Royal Garden too much. They are ruining it on their own. That food court used to be a very popular place to eat until they got greedy and turned it into some kind of pseudo upmarket eatery where you pay restaurant prices for self-help food. That was a huge misstep. Even the tourists aren't ignorant enough to pay those prices.

Terminal 21 today  .

There is a sign outside for the hotel attached to the mall , Grand Centre Point, they are opening October 26 , so maybe that is the same day as the opening date of the mall , who knows...

2018-08-21_15.19.16.jpg

2018-08-21_15.19.27.jpg

On 8/21/2018 at 4:25 AM, ross163103 said:

As a matter of fact, I have gone there for many years--23+, so have some idea of what it was like when it first opened compared to now. Maybe it is fully rented but it has gone downhill ever since Central opened--in my opinion. I still go there when I want to avoid the crowds. 

Not sure what you mean "gone down hill". You are right as far as number of people. It used to be very busy and had working girls sitting on the benches looking for a companion. Ahh the good old days. But it is fully booked. 

17 hours ago, balo said:

Terminal 21 today  .

There is a sign outside for the hotel attached to the mall , Grand Centre Point, they are opening October 26 , so maybe that is the same day as the opening date of the mall , who knows...

2018-08-21_15.19.16.jpg

2018-08-21_15.19.27.jpg

Nice "pics"........

When T21 is finished, landscaped and open.....I plan to also take some pics to send to my sceptical contacts/pals back in England, who accuse me of living in third world Thailand......

As far as Pattayas' historical image is concerned...... The weekenders from Bkk now appear to be denting that.....thank goodness

On 8/20/2018 at 5:47 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Yes u have no money left for to spend in malls because u prefer spending it at WS.

I got loadsa money! Spend it where I want but not much in plastic malls in Thailand. In London I use Harrods.  Malls impress country people either from Issan or Aus but not me!

2 hours ago, The manic said:

I got loadsa money! Spend it where I want but not much in plastic malls in Thailand. In London I use Harrods.  Malls impress country people either from Issan or Aus but not me!

Really Isarn and Aus people are impress by malls? I hope u were not sober writing up that stuff but yes how u spend ur money it is entirely up to u ofcourse. I think Terminal 21 is way to near to other simular malls but i think it will be a nice mall just on a wrong location..

Look at homeworks or new name baan beyond on sukumvit rd it used to be a busy place but nowadays with more homepros nearby its rather empty.

21 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I think Terminal 21 is way to near to other simular malls but i think it will be a nice mall just on a wrong location..

Have you been to T21 or looked at the preview video of this one? Guess not.

It is just the opposite of your comment....it is not similar to any mall.  Italy floor, UK floor, San Francisco floor, France, etc.    It is a unique themed facility unlike others. 

Also, what location could be better?  Jomtien??

Those other stores you mentioned are off Sukhumvit tourists do not go there or visit places like Homeworks. 

This T21 is at a major intersection with many hotels and tourists within a short distance. They picked a fantastic location I think. Unless you live near there; because then it may be a traffic nightmare.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

It is just the opposite of your comment....it is not similar to any mall.  Italy floor, UK floor, San Francisco floor, France, etc.    It is a unique themed facility unlike others. 

Those other stores you mentioned are off Sukhumvit tourists do not go there or visit places like Homeworks. 

This T21 is at a major intersection with many hotels and tourists within a short distance. They picked a fantastic location I think. Unless you live near there; because then it may be a traffic nightmare.

I so often go to T21 in bkk for groceries, movies, mexican restaurant etc as i said not much wrong such mall just to many malls besides eachother imho.Look a new mall does not bring more people to a city. So more malls in a city means less customers in each mall period.. 

October 19th.. will make a notice to try the impossible and drive to the intersection of 2nd road and Tai from Suk on that Friday just to see if that black hole has sucked any of the BKK invaders to Nua. I doubt it, but if the traffic in the south eases only 10%, it would be an improvement. Please, please flock there and leave the south alone.

I like it "May be a traffic nightmare" :lol:

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived