When is Terminal 21 scheduled for opening ?

thairookie

5 hours ago, balo said:

Yes the food court is smaller than Bangkok , but the good news the prices are the same. We had some discussions about it would be more expensive in Pattaya , just because it's a tourist town , but forget that . Same price for any dish ,  desserts and drinks. 

Which basically means 30 baht for my favorite Gyoza, fruit smoothie 25 to 35 baht. And I also tried a hot cup of cappuccino at the coffee place for 35 baht and it was excellent, made from fresh beans. 

Yes, the prices are the same low prices as Bkk.  I was very skeptical they would be.  So I was wrong on that.  The question is will those prices last.  Prices can change quickly in Pattaya and always only in one direction. My guess is the portion sizes will get smaller like they did in T21 Bkk.  That's easier and cheaper to do than redoing the menus

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Marugame Seimen were among the empty restaurants.  I tried a chicken sample at Chutney Indian and it was pretty good.  

A lot of the restaurants were quite empty around 3pm even though the mall was packed.  However, when we returned around 6pm a lot of those same restaurants were busy or at least busier.

14 minutes ago, lapd said:

Yes, the prices are the same low prices as Bkk.  I was very skeptical they would be.  So I was wrong on that.  The question is will those prices last.  Prices can change quickly in Pattaya and always only in one direction. My guess is the portion sizes will get smaller like they did in T21 Bkk.  That's easier and cheaper to do than redoing the menus

Haha.

You went on and on for months about the food court and the prices.  Some tried to tell you and you never got it.

You still cannot believe it and have to be negative.  

You really have some odd obsession about the food court prices its is comical now.

As with BKK the concept is not for a full meal for 40b.  It is more of a small plate mostly to share.  Buy 4 plates and share for 2 people great to try different things.  May set one back about 200b with drinks.  Yeah, a real rip off to some.  Whatever. ...

5 hours ago, balo said:

Yes the food court is smaller than Bangkok , but the good news the prices are the same. We had some discussions about it would be more expensive in Pattaya , just because it's a tourist town , but forget that . Same price for any dish ,  desserts and drinks. 

Which basically means 30 baht for my favorite Gyoza, fruit smoothie 25 to 35 baht. And I also tried a hot cup of cappuccino at the coffee place for 35 baht and it was excellent, made from fresh beans. 

30 baht for Gyoza and smoothies for 25-35 baht? That's cheaper than in BKK! I pay 39 baht for fruit smooties and I think Gyoza is either 35 or 40 baht in BKK.

What I liked about Pier 21 is there is a stall which sells bottled water for 7 baht and soft drinks for 10 baht.  Same price as 7-11 for water.  

May head back today just to eat.  May try Chutney Indian but we'll see how I feel when I get there.

20 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

30 baht for Gyoza and smoothies for 25-35 baht? That's cheaper than in BKK! I pay 39 baht for fruit smooties and I think Gyoza is either 35 or 40 baht in BKK.

I think it's Marugame Seimen that has a special buy a pork/beef udon for 139/159 baht and get 3 free gyoza.  

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Haha.

You went on and on for months about the food court and the prices.  Some tried to tell you and you never got it.

You still cannot believe it and have to be negative.  

You really have some odd obsession about the food court prices its is comical now.

As with BKK the concept is not for a full meal for 40b.  It is more of a small plate mostly to share.  Buy 4 plates and share for 2 people great to try different things.  May set one back about 200b with drinks.  Yeah, a real rip off to some.  Whatever. ...

I just assumed it would be like Korat T21 which apparently does not have the same low food court prices.  Nobody knew for sure what they would be so it was all speculation on all sides. 

You're the guy who is going on about it like this the greatest thing in the history of the world since the moon landing.

50 minutes ago, lapd said:

You're the guy who is going on about it like this the greatest thing in the history of the world since the moon landing.

And now you can check this out by eating in the food court, then taking the escalator up to the cinema to watch First Man starring Ryan Gosling .... or vice-versa.

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Maybe I remember wrong about the gyoza , could have been 35 .  But the smoothie, coconut was only 25, strawberry 30. If you want mixed fruits maybe it was 40 . 

2 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

May try Chutney Indian but we'll see how I feel when I get there.

When I walked past them yesterday it was completely empty while the other places seem to have plenty of customers. But please report back. 

3 minutes ago, balo said:

Not sure , they do not look the same to me. 

It's just curious. If they are not the same brand, then a completely original Indian restaurant opened up there at T21? That doesn't seem to be the pattern at all with the restaurants. Aren't they all (or almost all) either imports from Bangkok, international chains, additional locations from Pattaya? I would be very surprised if this Indian Chutney place is a standalone. It could also be an international chain from India rather than Bangkok. 

I’ve walked every floor, great layout for getting the daily steps in. Had a quick bite in the food court, good value as per BKK version. I thought the fresh coffee in the food court was really good.

The only kicker was I left my food court card on the table with ฿200 credit!!!

I might give that “Beirut” place a try later on. Some other interesting looking restaurants that I’ve not seen before too.

For people that use AIS WiFi (Super WiFi/Smart login) as part of their package, this doesn’t seem to work very well, only near to the AIS shop. I guess this will be sorted. I think the T21 free WiFi seems to work ok.

18 minutes ago, balo said:

There is a Korean Pan cake house in there. A bit on the expensive side and looks like small portions. 

2018-10-19-22-08-16.jpg

I did not see it yesterday if the same, I ate at one in BKK.

The place is good fruit pancakes mostly.

I enjoyed my stroll around all the floors yesterday. There are a few new eating options for me to try out and the cinema is handy for me in Naklua.

I would have to say that, overall, Central Beach Road is Pattaya's best mall. The Central Department store and the food store on G floor give it the edge, plus a few other things like the bowling.

I was underwhelmed with Foodland and, with a bit of grocery shopping to do, I went accross the road to my usual supermarket - Best.

The pedestrian crossing lights, from T21 accross Nua to Best Supermarket, need fixing PDQ and cameras installed to deter miscreants. Do not wait for a bad accident before fixing.

Archived