When is Terminal 21 scheduled for opening ?

thairookie

21 hours ago, DD13 said:

Nice "pics"........

When T21 is finished, landscaped and open.....I plan to also take some pics to send to my sceptical contacts/pals back in England, who accuse me of living in third world Thailand......

As far as Pattayas' historical image is concerned...... The weekenders from Bkk now appear to be denting that.....thank goodness

The weekends visitors have been driven out of joyless anodyne Bangkok. When the street life and night life returns to Bangkok there will be less Thai visitors to Pattaya

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The manic said:

The weekends visitors have been driven out of joyless anodyne Bangkok. When the street life and night life returns to Bangkok there will be less Thai visitors to Pattaya

Hmmm.  Does not make much sense to me.

People leave a place to get away for a few days.  Many BKK Thais own condos in Pattaya.

I lived near the beach in California but would take many weekends to Vegas or Palm Springs to take a break and experience a different environment. Healthy for the mind.  I do not think bringing back street food or a disco is going to change the BKK Thai's minds.

Also, just curious when do you imagine that street life and nightlife returning?  I think they passed a cross road on it will just get more conservative until nothing if little is left.

Sad very sad, but I this is what I see.

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Hmmm.  Does not make much sense to me.

People leave a place to get away for a few days.  Many BKK Thais own condos in Pattaya.

I lived near the beach in California but would take many weekends to Vegas or Palm Springs to take a break and experience a different environment. Healthy for the mind.  I do not think bringing back street food or a disco is going to change the BKK Thai's minds.

Also, just curious when do you imagine that street life and nightlife returning?  I think they passed a cross road on it will just get more conservative until nothing if little is left.

Sad very sad, but I this is what I see.

You may be correct the damage may be permanent- irreversible. 

24 minutes ago, The manic said:

I think the case is BKK is way overcrowded and getting around is even worse than Pattaya. They're just being squeezed out of there. I've noticed they're starting to bypass Pattaya though and head more south, I think this'll be amplified once the new road is ready. Hopefully. Personally I think there should be a 50,000b entrance fee to Pattaya. Shoo!

There is a sign on the gate of the hotel that says it's opening Oct26.  So that's also official, apparently.

The front of the Mall looks almost complete now.  Only cosmetic things being done.  Signs being finished etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 1:19 AM, balo said:

I look forward to the food court in T21 , if it's the same as in Bangkok. 

But I am worried we might end up fighting for the food with the Chinese .  :crying:

0dd7d568-ee7f-11e5-9451-ef5010d885b7_128

I seriously doubt it is going to be like Bkk.  Definitely not the prices.  The food court prices at the top in T21 Bkk are quite cheap but it's a bit of a scam because the portions are quite small.  I had a Pad Thai Kung and it was 52 baht.  I got about 50% less noodles/shrimp than I would normally get from a food cart in Pattaya for 80 baht. So it's not quite as good a deal as it seems. A small mango and sweet sticky rice was 25 baht which sounds pretty good until you see it on a plate.  One slice of Mango and maybe 2 tablespoons of rice.  Probably about 1/3 what you can get in Pattaya for about 60-80 baht.  So not really that much cheaper. 

Also, it's just standard food cart type food, which is quite good, but not any different than you can get from any food cart/food court anywhere in Thailand. 

There are lots of good restaurants there but they are a lot more expensive than the food court, of course.  Most were almost empty during lunch hour on a weekday while the food court was absolutely full.  We had to practically fight off others to get a table.

52 minutes ago, lapd said:

I seriously doubt it is going to be like Bkk.  Definitely not the prices.  The food court prices at the top in T21 Bkk are quite cheap but it's a bit of a scam because the portions are quite small.  I had a Pad Thai Kung and it was 52 baht.  I got about 50% less noodles/shrimp than I would normally get from a food cart in Pattaya for 80 baht. So it's not quite as good a deal as it seems. A small mango and sweet sticky rice was 25 baht which sounds pretty good until you see it on a plate.  One slice of Mango and maybe 2 tablespoons of rice.  Probably about 1/3 what you can get in Pattaya for about 60-80 baht.  So not really that much cheaper. 

Also, it's just standard food cart type food, which is quite good, but not any different than you can get from any food cart/food court anywhere in Thailand. 

There are lots of good restaurants there but they are a lot more expensive than the food court, of course.  Most were almost empty during lunch hour on a weekday while the food court was absolutely full.  We had to practically fight off others to get a table.

Well, you most certainly continue your negative obsession with the new food court.

Why is that? You seem to want to split hairs and pick pick pick....

Very odd.

Why don't you get real now....It will be better then the BKK T21 I am told.  More choices and better food and great prices.

800 seats!

Can't figure out why you are so continually obsessed/bothered by this positive place that every one will go to. You have some interest in a nearby failure of a restaurant?

It will be great and fantastic.  Sorry if that disappoints you.....

So excited can't wait!

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, you most certainly continue your negative obsession with the new food court.

I think you have it backwards.  In fact you seem to be projecting. There are some who are apparently postively obsessed.  Sound like someone you know?  To the point where there needs to be some reality injected into the BS.

Why don't you get real now....It will be better then the BKK T21 I am told.  More choices and better food and great prices.

Now who is the one obsessing?  To the point where it sounds like you may have some sort of financial stake in this.  Maybe you should come clean or maybe go seek professional help.  Maybe there is a mall food court anonymous for people with your particular addiction.

On 9/11/2018 at 4:31 PM, Kim J said:

Oh dear!! We are having tiffs about a food court that has not even opened yet. Some people really are unbelievable.

How can anyone pass worthwhile comment on prices or anything else until they have actually seen and experienced the place?

Indeed so.

Unfortunately seems to be the way this forum has descended .

Many posters don`t want or are unable to post something useful but they are very quick to  snipe or make petty comments.

Adds to the clicks I suppose.

So T 21 opening fairly soon, I live a 10 minute walk from the site.

I`ve never been to a T 21 mall and despite not being  all that interested in malls/shopping centres I will take a look.

Open mind.

I would make a guess it will be popular and a useful addition.

Traffic in the area will increase unfortunately.

8 hours ago, seasia said:

Indeed so.

Unfortunately seems to be the way this forum has descended .

Many posters don`t want or are unable to post something useful but they are very quick to  snipe or make petty comments.

Adds to the clicks I suppose.

I`ve never been to a T 21 mall and despite not being  all that interested in malls/shopping centres I will take a look.

Open mind.

I would make a guess it will be popular and a useful addition.

Traffic in the area will increase unfortunately.

Your lack of knowledge and incite is obvious.

But as you say, you have never been to T21 and have nothing "useful" to add.

Yes indeed the food court is a huge deal.

Do some research and you will find it is rated as the top food court and one of the best places to eat in all of Bangkok.

I bet most people will go to the T21 in Pattaya for the food court experience.  And with 800 seats it can well accommodate.

Hope you get the chance to check out..

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Your lack of knowledge and incite is obvious.

But as you say, you have never been to T21 and have nothing "useful" to add.

Yes indeed the food court is a huge deal.

Do some research and you will find it is rated as the top food court and one of the best places to eat in all of Bangkok.

I bet most people will go to the T21 in Pattaya for the food court experience.  And with 800 seats it can well accommodate.

Hope you get the chance to check out..

You clearly have an obsession with it. Having some sort of financial stake is the most likely explanation.  So how about coming clean.

You continue to ignore the fact Korat T21 does not have the same sort of food court deals the BKK one has.  Pattaya will probably be even more expensive than Korat since it's a tourist town.  In other words, just another food court. 

You are also obsessing about the size of it for some reason.  Ok so it's going to be big.  So what?  It's still just a food court.   So instead of 2 different kiosks for som tam or khao man gai or whatever you will have 4 different kiosks for everything.  Whoop dee doo.

I have been to the BKK one and it's not as great as you continue to claim.  The portions are quite small so the low price is not as good a deal as it seems.

On 9/11/2018 at 10:31 PM, Kim J said:

Oh dear!! We are having tiffs about a food court that has not even opened yet. Some people really are unbelievable.

How can anyone pass worthwhile comment on prices or anything else until they have actually seen and experienced the place?

You must understand that there are members on this forum who's life exists mainly around food courts and air-conditioned malls, as that is where they spend the majority of their time using the free wifi to post on TV.

7 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

You must understand that there are members on this forum who's life exists mainly around food courts and air-conditioned malls, as that is where they spend the majority of their time using the free wifi to post on TV.

Only during the day.  In evenings they are chasing balloons for free food. ?

To be fair, a lot of tourists spend a lot of their time in the malls as well.  The air con is one of the main reasons.

14 hours ago, seasia said:

Open mind.

Well , I also live only 10 minutes away , so for me it would probably mean eating lunch there 3-4 times per week .   The competition from Naklua is really not much to talk about if you don't like German food. 

It depends on what they offer really. I am not a fan of overpriced coffee , plenty of cheap places outside malls for that . But maybe they serve "food court" coffee .  

47 minutes ago, balo said:

Well , I also live only 10 minutes away , so for me it would probably mean eating lunch there 3-4 times per week .   The competition from Naklua is really not much to talk about if you don't like German food. 

It depends on what they offer really. I am not a fan of overpriced coffee , plenty of cheap places outside malls for that . But maybe they serve "food court" coffee .  

It is 10 minutes away for me too. I buy most of my groceries from Best at Dolphin Circus. Will the new Foodland in T21 change my shopping habits?

21 minutes ago, champers said:

Will the new Foodland in T21 change my shopping habits?

Probably not , as long as Best supermarket give you similar products at similar prices.

For me what stands out is the food court , and maybe a few shops who specialize in imported clothes, watches . etc.

The rest of the popular branches of fast food will also be present , you can probably get a Swensen's ice cream now without having to travel all the way to Central, or Tesco .  

51 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

https://tastythailand.com/terminal-21-food-court-still-the-best-food-court-in-bangkok-in-2018/

Any search will just about do it.

#1 and Pattaya T21 will be better.

Some clueless posters ( not you) do not get it.  Hilarious.....

Looking forward to it.

I'll understand the best food court, but 'one of the best places to eat in all of Bangkok' is a bit rich .. 

T21 Bkk has a grocery store that is very similar to the Central grocery store.  Including a self serve salad bar and hot food by weight buffet type thing just like Central grocery store.  So I would imagine the Pattaya T21 will have a grocery store like that as well.

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

I'll understand the best food court, but 'one of the best places to eat in all of Bangkok' is a bit rich .. 

It does have a lot of restaurants that you may not find at other malls.  A lot of the same restaurants you can also find at other Pattaya malls as well.  Most of the T21 mall in Bkk was restaurants, food kiosks, a grocery store, and the big food court at the top.   So they do seem to be focusing on food.  At least at Bkk T21.  I would not generalize by saying it's the best place to eat in Bkk though. There are some amazing places to eat in Bkk that you do not find in any malls.

One thing I saw at T21 Bkk that I have not seen at any other mall was fancy smancy toilets with push button electronic controls.  Didn't try it but it looked like it had all the water jet features and probably other things.

1 hour ago, lapd said:

T21 Bkk has a grocery store that is very similar to the Central grocery store.  Including a self serve salad bar and hot food by weight buffet type thing just like Central grocery store.  So I would imagine the Pattaya T21 will have a grocery store like that as well.

They'll have Foodland Supermarket instead, T21 in Korat got a Foodland, and it's going to be Foodland in Pattaya T21 too, The grocery store in Asoke was way before they had a deal with Foodland. That grocery store in Asoke is operated by The Mall group of the Emporium, and is actually a competitor to them now

20 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

we come thousands of miles to live a different life here in the sun ,and all we can discuss is a bloody food court in a shopping mall ,sad sad sad ,?

If you bothered looking at the list of topics being discussed you would find out that there's a whole range of discussions going on, Furthermore, it's not sad to discuss the latest (and greatest?) addition to the mall scene in Pattaya.

And if it's so sad why the **** are you contributing?? Now that is sad.

PS. Does anyone have an official opening date yet? Did an Internet search but got nothing.

Archived