When is Terminal 21 scheduled for opening ?

thairookie

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kim J said:

You sound jealous.  Even posting twice.  Sending all your spare money to her family in Issan so you can't afford to go to the malls for ice cream or coffee like other farangs?  Living the recovering alcholics dream of selling the bar, marrying a bargirl and moving to the darkside?

3 minutes ago, Kim J said:

You say I sound jealous. lol

Here you make personal attacks and at least 7 incorrect and completely unfounded statements in a few short sentences, all in response to a joke.

Maybe you should consider what that makes you sound like?

You said you have better things to do than go to the malls.  What is it you do in Pattaya all day every day with your 'family'.  Why would anyone choose to settle down for the quiet no mall family life in Pattaya?  Unless for the reasons I have already speculated on.

• 2 weeks later...

Was walking by there very recently and things appear mostly complete. The front area and steps appear finished.  Most if not all the signage is up.  The interior looks complete (at least in the frontal area) with only a bit of scaffolding around.  

big sign.jpg

big2.jpg

48 minutes ago, balo said:

Really , Carl's Jr, at least I can get a decent burger now 5 minutes away from my location. 

Yes sure, I grew up with Carl's their head quarters in the US 15 minutes from my house.

The problem here is they seem to run out of beef for some reason.

Have had it happen once in BKK near Nana and twice in pats at Central.

Hope this location keeps their beef( or whatever it is) orders up.....

It does taste the same as the US.

14 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Can't wait for it to open, not to visit it, I will not be doing that for many, many months, but it will make the other malls much pleasanter to visit.  Roll on the opening of this 'shopping relief  valve'.  

HAHA.  Just seems a very odd way of thinking. 

I guess you want it to open so you can go to the other malls hoping they will be less crowded??

Anything to be negative about this fantastic opening mall I guess.

Haven't heard something like that before but good luck with it.....

The other malls will be single A and T21 will be the major leagues.

Very funny!

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Can't wait for it to open, not to visit it, I will not be doing that for many, many months, but it will make the other malls much pleasanter to visit.  Roll on the opening of this 'shopping relief  valve'.  

I'm hoping it's like a pile of dung attracting all the BKK flies with their cars away from the south side. Please, please pile up on Nua.

On 9/16/2018 at 12:00 PM, lapd said:

You sound jealous.  Even posting twice.  Sending all your spare money to her family in Issan so you can't afford to go to the malls for ice cream or coffee like other farangs?  Living the recovering alcholics dream of selling the bar, marrying a bargirl and moving to the darkside?

Ice cream is for children and Italians. Malls are for Americans and Australians who cant handle Thailand. They are often saddled with fat white wives and their brats. I can not think of a greater waste of time,  money and energy than travelling all the way to Thailand and eating ice cream in a western mall. Who is jealous of who? 555

On 9/15/2018 at 9:21 AM, Kim J said:

I don't really think you are using the correct term when you say "lack of insight". Personally I am fully aware of what the inside of a shopping mall is like, I find one to be pretty much the same as another, and regardless of what you say, what tour operators do, and what other people think, I still hate the places and avoid them like the plague. Nothing to do with insight, that is my opinion. If you like it feel free to go, But I do not like it and will not be going without good reason.

Yes as you suggest when in Thailand I do not reside in the city, I am on the dark side around 10km inland, and on the occasions we go to eat out, a shopping mall food court would not enter our thoughts. Then as for Mc Donalds and the like I would not eat there if it were free, and that is said without qualification and without ever having tried their food.

My view entirely. Well said.

On 9/27/2018 at 10:56 PM, lapd said:

Was walking by there very recently and things appear mostly complete. The front area and steps appear finished.  Most if not all the signage is up.  The interior looks complete (at least in the frontal area) with only a bit of scaffolding around.  

big sign.jpg

big2.jpg

Grillicious, So Asean, Shakariki, Fin, Nara look like the ones that weren't in Pattaya before, rest are moving from other malls?

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

Good thing Hawker Chan will be there.

I would assume they will dump the money pit spot at Royal Garden what a waste that has been.

Usually a line at his spot at T21 BKK so I hope it does well here also.

Royal Garden location already closed. 

The Xoho Café will have some similar BBQ dishes but based on the pics, Hawker Chan is better.

Went to Tesco yesterday and noticed that they took out the U-Turn before Petchtrakul (the road coming out the back of Central Marina, so now traffic on North Rd. coming and going to 3 Places, being Central Marina, Tesco and Terminal21 is bunched up into that little intersection.

I can see on heavy days that intersection might need to be closed and force every one to turn and use the dolphin roundabout instead. 

So this is the story so far for T21 Pattaya, it will be slightly different from Asoke.

Gross area: 180 000 sqm .  Parking for 1500 cars and 1000 bikes. Opening date: October 17. 

Ground Floor : France Street - Fashion brand name / Cosmetic

Middle Floor: England Street - Supermarket / Fashion Brand / Sport & Street Brand

1 floor : Italy Street - Health & Beauty / Bank / Mobile & Gadget

2 floor: Tokyo Street - Urbanista Shop / Boutique & Cafe' Restaurants

3 floor: San Francisco Street - Food Court / Restaurants

4 floor: Hollywood Street - Cinema / Game Zone

18403340_334824630266484_520088453885947

This is indeed a big occasion. It is nearly 10 years since a major shopping mall opened in Pattaya. That was Central Festival Mall on 23 January 2009. Fortunately, it has not yet collapsed. (a joke for members who were around back then).

22 hours ago, tropo said:

That was Central Festival Mall on 23 January 2009. Fortunately, it has not yet collapsed. (a joke for members who were around back then).

So that was the date Pattaya started sliding downwards. First the BKK hordes came and plugged up the traffic, then the Russians invaded and destroyed the bar scene, then the Chinese came and finished it off. The BKK hordes have since moved southward, but this might bring the crickets back.

On 9/28/2018 at 7:00 PM, bkk6060 said:

HAHA.  Just seems a very odd way of thinking. 

I guess you want it to open so you can go to the other malls hoping they will be less crowded??

Anything to be negative about this fantastic opening mall I guess.

Haven't heard something like that before but good luck with it.....

The other malls will be single A and T21 will be the major leagues.

Very funny!

Thats an odd comment in itself, unless you are a keen shopper.  I dont live here for the shopping, I got enough of that at home in the UK. I recently spent 40 minutes in Central Festival car park trying to get a parking slot.  Gave up in the end and went elsewhere  If 21 helps that situation then roll on. Its only major league if you value shopping, which I dont.  A quieter wander to find something I actually want and need and a coffee, maybe a meal is enough for me.  I dont give a toss about a fantastic new mall, unless it helps me have a quieter life in the other ones. 

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

So that was the date Pattaya started sliding downwards. First the BKK hordes came and plugged up the traffic, then the Russians invaded and destroyed the bar scene, then the Chinese came and finished it off. The BKK hordes have since moved southward, but this might bring the crickets back.

As a very frequent shopper and diner at Central Festival, January 23, 2009, was the day Pattaya started moving ahead. In fact it might be the reason why I'm still here. I'm just heading off there again shortly. If Central hadn't opened, another big shopping centre would have. If you ride a motorcycle, the traffic won't bother you so much. This is a perfect time for another good place to shop.

It might be time for you to find a quiet, secluded beach resort somewhere that has yet to see any development. 

1 hour ago, tropo said:

It might be time for you to find a quiet, secluded beach resort somewhere that has yet to see any development. 

Pattaya wasn't secluded before Central came, it was just right. The largest shopping mall the infrastructure can withstand on a good day is the size of Royal Garden. Gone are the days when you could zip from Jomthien to Dolphin without getting stuck for 30 mins.

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Pattaya wasn't secluded before Central came, it was just right. The largest shopping mall the infrastructure can withstand on a good day is the size of Royal Garden. Gone are the days when you could zip from Jomthien to Dolphin without getting stuck for 30 mins.

It was getting bad before that.  Especially Beach Rd.  It's much worse now and constant bottleneck on 2nd road since Central opened up.  I am hoping that moves up to N Pattaya road when T21 opens and Central becomes a more laid back place to hang out.

57 minutes ago, lapd said:

It was getting bad before that.  Especially Beach Rd.  It's much worse now and constant bottleneck on 2nd road since Central opened up.  I am hoping that moves up to N Pattaya road when T21 opens and Central becomes a more laid back place to hang out.

Good luck to you and Dr. Turner.

Everyone will be feeding in that direction.

All that south/Jomtien traffic will be the same and more so mixed with the thousands who want to go to T21.

You will see. Especially on the weekends, it will mostly be jammed from Central to T21 10's of thousands of people.

The clueless are the people who live in Naklua who think it will not affect them.

Pretty funny...

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

So what?

It is the maturity and progress of a developing area.

It is called life.  Like it or not....

Archived