Tourists complain of Pattaya beach rubble

webfact

Tourists complain of Pattaya beach rubble

By Thirawat Thongma 
Pattaya

6464b8f4c6346eecabb77708f7ef4832.jpeg

Tourists have complained about garbage and concrete rubble at a quiet spot on Pattaya Beach. The spot behind the Asia Pattaya Hotel near Khao Phra Tamnak is normally popular with foreign tourists.

b6953a3bde5b4d60f9d6633f4a5a875f.jpeg

But the spot has been filled with garbage and concrete rubble after troops from the Second Battalion of the 21st Infantry Regiment helped the Pattaya authorities to negotiate with five traders who were building shops.

After talks, the shops were flattened but the rubble and garbage were left.

The Nation visited and can confirm the mess remains.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30352367

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-17

So many with so little idea of what western tourists actually want.

It doesn't need to be super upmarket and super flash. It only needs to be clean tidy and maintained.

Seat cushion covers at the bar washed and clean. Fan blades and wire covers washed once a week. Beer cooler cabinets shelves wiped down once a week.

If the rubble is in front of 'your' place use it with a few bags of soil and plants to make a rockery. 

Could go on all day.

Hilarious

But the spot has been filled with garbage and concrete rubble after troops from the Second Battalion of the 21st Infantry Regiment helped the Pattaya authorities to negotiate with five traders who were building shops.

Negotiations went well then Centurion.

images-5.jpeg

I really believe most Thais are incapable of "seeing" just how trashed out large areas of their country is. If never been abroad (and ignore films, TV, etc) they perhaps think this is normal and acceptable.

"and tourists come and go

and speak as mounds of trash grow"

1 hour ago, Emster23 said:

I really believe most Thais are incapable of "seeing" just how trashed out large areas of their country is. If never been abroad (and ignore films, TV, etc) they perhaps think this is normal and acceptable.

"and tourists come and go

and speak as mounds of trash grow"

I can confirm. They literally don't see it as we do.

Thais and some other countries don't see it the same as Westerners,To them Not everything what we see as Rubbish is rubbish to them,they see a lot as Normal cluttered stuff and just leave it and walk around it as it Belongs there until someone needs it or moves it.Westerners are to Fussy they say  in out Village,Same as us putting water on the lawn and mowing ,,,, Looks nice but,,,, waist off money they say .

Just let me know. Has anyone Googled "beach cleaning machine" yet?

I walked down to the water's edge one time. condoms, broken glass, nameless gooey sludge, toilet paper... and then Farangs get praised for doing a clean up. 

One wonders, does one not, where the sewage from all those huge hotels goes.

Why not just concrete it in and wall it off? 

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Thais and some other countries don't see it the same as Westerners,To them Not everything what we see as Rubbish is rubbish to them,they see a lot as Normal cluttered stuff and just leave it and walk around it as it Belongs there until someone needs it or moves it.Westerners are to Fussy they say  in out Village,Same as us putting water on the lawn and mowing ,,,, Looks nice but,,,, waist off money they say .

Totally agree with the lawn thing.  My wife is always on my back, why you cut the grass all the time, why you feed and water.  Farangs are crazy people but she loves to sit on it.

They want the big money tourists, but are too lazy and cheap to make things nice, and keep them that way.  Whoever does better gets the cash.  The place I stayed in Bali was cheap, well run and pristine.  This country doesn’t have what it takes to be a world class visitors destination, but t it sure could 

2 hours ago, Dick Crank said:

when i went to pattaya beach i did not walk barefoot of the sand because i was weary of stepping on a used condom hidden in the sand

Seriously though , why do so many folk go to Pattaya apart from the sex tourists / it sure is not a beach resort but is a place of sea & traffic pollution , hazardous pavements , both dodgy katoys and long stay criminal foreigners . 

I am told that the dark side is much superior . 

9 minutes ago, superal said:

Seriously though , why do so many folk go to Pattaya apart from the sex tourists / it sure is not a beach resort but is a place of sea & traffic pollution , hazardous pavements , both dodgy katoys and long stay criminal foreigners . 

I am told that the dark side is much superior . 

Yes, the dark side of Pattaya is cleaner. Not so many careless tourists around here.

There are more of those places in Thailand. Broken down houses/buildings and leaving the trash.

Didnt i red yesterday again about houses to be broken down, built on public land, over 20 years.

As long as the razia goes on, there will be a lot of such places.

I believe, it was Surin beach in phuket is also such a place.

9 hours ago, Thechook said:

Hilarious

Negotiations went well then Centurion.

images-5.jpeg

Hate to be picky but.

Know+your+uniforms+Soldier+Legate+Centurion.jpg

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

Totally agree with the lawn thing.  My wife is always on my back, why you cut the grass all the time, why you feed and water.  Farangs are crazy people but she loves to sit on it.

Yep that's thai people ,,,,   ?

Archived