Tourists complain of Pattaya beach rubble

webfact

9 hours ago, superal said:

Seriously though , why do so many folk go to Pattaya apart from the sex tourists / it sure is not a beach resort but is a place of sea & traffic pollution , hazardous pavements , both dodgy katoys and long stay criminal foreigners . 

I am told that the dark side is much superior . 

Oh come on!!!!

Pattaya's not that good.

4 hours ago, chama said:

But this is just what the brochure promised! Picky, picky, picky! TAT has it all under control, true paradise. Um...not so much! 

i bought something from a catalog one time and when i received it it i was no longer excited about it it looked boring and did not at all fit like it did on the guy in the catalog

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 11:29 AM, ChrisY1 said:

Thais don't see this trash....it's a normal part of their lives and don't understand what the fuss is about.

Just as they don't hear dogs all night, noisy music and smelly drains....all normal to them.

Wrong. 

You're just living in the wrong part of town, or Pattaya!  

The Thai middle class that are living behind those security gates are very house proud.  Not a rooster to be heard, daily gardner patrol removes every twig off the manicured sois,  regular body corporate meetings where lately, a single tom cat abandoned to go feral is the end of the world,  and smelly septic tank is an acute embarrassment to the lady of the house -who's incidentally straight outta Issan. 

If it wasn't for the banana trees it could be Hampstead.  

On 8/18/2018 at 12:17 PM, Thechook said:

Totally agree with the lawn thing.  My wife is always on my back, why you cut the grass all the time, why you feed and water.  Farangs are crazy people but she loves to sit on it.

Again. I have the opposite,  Thai wife loves lawn, I want a less maintenance and drought proof ground cover,  we have quite heated arguments over this,  but I'm getting my way by stealth... 

8 hours ago, Thian said:

So in real life it doesn't look like this anymore?

Most of Pattaya beach was spotless yesterday. It depends on the tides and what part of the beach and if it has been cleaned yet.  But it was looking pretty good yesterday. 

You should see the new refurbished beach area starting around Soi 6.  They got a specific type of fine sand from 20km away that matches the darker sand already there.  They buried giant sand bags and then put a layer of sand over them.  The beach extends out maybe 50 meters now.   It's pretty nice.  They are still working on parts of it but looks like they are gradually opening up other parts.  Yes, it will gradually erode away but the geologists who planned this know that already.  Enjoy it for now. 

Archived