wife panicking

nikmar

Hi, Im currently at work and have recieved a panicked phone call from my good lady. Our neighbour has warned her that she saw a snake on the tree in our front yard. 

she described it as "medium sized and yellow with patterns". While I realize this doesnt narrow it down much, can anyone knowledgable give any ideas as to what it may be. Im basically trying to narrow it down and rule out any dangerous snakes so to reassure my nervous other half.

Ive told her not ot kill it if she sees it, but if it's dangerous then that may be the best option. Ive asked my colleagues who are mostly saying things like "mii pit, antarriii" and so forth.

Thanks in advance

18 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I've just Googled 'Green Tree Snake Thailand' there are images on there which may allay yours & your wife's worries as they are harmless.

Have a look on Google, good luck and please report back :thumbsup:

certainly looks a possibility.

ive seen them around my home before. im wondering if any dangerous ones fit that description. Im not home till around 8 tonight so will have a wander with a torch then. 

Not my cleverest post really with so few details but thanks anyway. will let you know if theres any occurance.

57 minutes ago, nikmar said:

could be a winner Ron. have sent pic to wife (cowering in house). Certainly fits description more than other pics Ive seen on Google. Thanks mate.

Yeah, from what you say it's a Golden, beautiful, fast, mostly harmless.

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, from what you say it's a Golden, beautiful, fast, mostly harmless.

Im hoping my neighbours dont kill it. Theyve killed harmless snakes before just because they were snakes. 

18 minutes ago, nikmar said:

Theyve killed harmless snakes before just because they were snakes. 

Sadly this is a problem here, it's a snake, kill it!!

I'm gradually training my good lady that the snakes we see in the garden are not going to hurt her if she leaves them alone.

Never seen a cobra, the odd python is removed by the snake man (they eat the chooks), everything else can stay. They all eat things we don't want.

We have these (Laotian Wolf Snake) harmless although they do bite.

laotian-wolf-snake-lycodon-laoensis-o.jp

She was convinced they were these (Banded Krait) totally deadly.

bandedkrait-tom-edited.jpg

You can see why, but she now knows the difference ?

Both images are from thailandsnakes.com a superb reference.

Looked around for it on Friday night and no sign of it. Wife and cat alive and ok. Im a bit disapointed to be honest....not that the wife is ok, I was hoping to see it as i havent seen too many snakes in my 13 years here. At least I didnt see it dead and pinned to a tree tho. ?

Archived