Law Regarding Working Hours

Dear ThaiVisa Members,

My girlfriend recently got a new job at a very prominent company. They are making her work 12+ hours a day. Could someone please provide me with the official government website with laws regarding how many hours that thai people are allowed to work in 1 day?

Below website gives some relevant info.  But I'm here to tell you I have Thai family & friends who routinely work more than 48 hours per day....work long work days.   And it's very common for laborers to work 8-12 hours a day for 6 days a week....even 7 days a week.   Thai labor laws look good on paper but are not enforced very well nor do many people complain to the labor office out of fear of job loss.  TIT

http://thailawyers.com/working-hours-per-thailand-labor-law/

12 hour shifts are the norm for many jobs such as hotel workers, restaurant workers, nurses, doctors, etc. Some jobs have no set working hours such as security guards and drivers. Most are on salary per month  not hourly wages. 

48 hours per "day"....whoops...typo....my fingers gone wild...too fast for my brain.   Yea...hard working family/friends I have....got their work ethics from me.   ?

But on a serious note, Thailand has plenty of labor protection laws which seem to be only selectively enforced like many Thai laws.   And most Thais would rather just quit and find another job rather than report labor abuse to the Labor Dept.

If she likes the job and gets paid overtime I wouldn’t complain.

when I was younger decent paying job for two years worked 60

hours a week paid 1-1/2 after 8 hours. Double time all day of a 

holiday. 

I never turned it down down 

Archived