Expensive helmet didn't save motorcyclist decapitated on Big Bike in Bangkok

rooster59

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

The only thing worse than dying in a crash like that is probably not dying instantly and having to live with the pain

body  will block pain flooding itself with endorphins/adrenaline

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, atyclb said:

nowhere in the thai language story does it say expensive helmet. it says good orange helmet.  bic c has orange full face helmets that may look nice

anyway he may have had a 1200 dollar shuberth helmet but it is na / non applicable in decapitation.

Looks like a Shoei helmet, one of the Marquez replicas (Shoei badges and the number 93 ), so not cheap.

But I agree it's completely irrelevant.

4 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Very young to have a cbr650 

It's too much bike for a kid age 18

And the helmet probably cost  over $500 so they should not have even mentioned the "expensive helmet" in a case like this where it didn't help

No matter how expensive the helmet may be, you need to strap it tight !! 

The head wasnt found in the helmet. Probably lost his helmet in the crash and then his head afterwards

Even then still there will be no guarantee for loosing head anytime, It was a tremendous crash.

When i was 18 i also could drive a big bike, my first one was a Honda CB750, yeah long time ago. now you cant,

you have to start low in bike.

You have 2 wheels and a lot of power, so be always aware of anything. One little mistake has lots of impact on you.

Now im driving a Suzuki Bking, however im very aware of everything and i always use the straps for the helmet

RIP for the guy.

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:
The head of the rider was found some way away. The torso was so badly injured that bones were visible

Athiphak, 18 from Lam Lukka, Pathum Thani was clearly dead at the scene. 

Witnesses told police that he had just exited the bridge heading in the direction of Bang Sri Muang when he lost control, catapulted and collided with a road direction sign.

His head separated from his torso. He would be dead. And he must have been accelerating at a helluva rate. 

2 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Every organ in his body will be rekt from the force regardless of the helmet staying intact or his head staying inside it or not

Even if he had buckled it on correctly he would have broken his neck, spine, ribs, limbs etc and all internals never mind the brain trauma 

Just look at the bike again to imagine the force involved... 

Thank god he didn't suffer long, 

I know a guy who has been in hospital for 2yrs after a much milder crash

He wouldnt have suffered at all, going way to quickly for that. Thankfully he didnt take an innocent road user with him. 

According to Thai sites, they reckon he was going 200 km/h.
There is a CCTV clip of the crash.

18 years old with this type of bike! Almost guaranteed suicide mission particularly with the non-existent motorcycle training here. I wonder who paid for it.
No problem, you can get finance from non-official dealers for any big bike. Payment period is about 5 years therefore the rate is affordable.

6 hours ago, seajae said:

and they concentrate on the helmet, not the fact the idiot was obviously going way too fast, why didnt they say the bike wasnt good enough and came apart. Hard enough trying to get people to even wear a helmet yet this idiot paper tells them the expensive ones are no good when it has nothing to with the helmet at all, it all revolves around an idiot driver that could not control the bike and it was what he hit at speed that caused the damage, these people are morons, kid this age shouldnt even be allowed to ride a bike that size.

I have riden motorbikes now for over 60.years, when I was 16 I promised my mother I would wear a helmet and I still do, yhey have saved me twice.when  others caused an accident.  You as a biker must rife carefully and at a suitable speed fastest I'vr been on a road is 190 kpm but.that was on a good quality road without any other traffic.  The guy in the report wss not riding to the prevailing conditions.

Absolutely  agree with the above mentioned comments.. These kids shouldn’t be allowed to ride a 650cc Bike but then again they all drive/ride recklessly no matter what they’re up to.. Literally everyone, whether it’s a bus, taxis and whatever may pop up in front of you whilst driving !

Whilst riding my scooter I have near misses pretty much all the time, they simply can’t stay in the lane long enough swinging left and right of the road no matter the size of the veichle.

Im bewildered what does the police job entails here ? Clearly, they don’t care nor enforce any traffic violations  on their own people ? So what does the police job really consists of in the streets ? Apart from the office job..

20 minutes ago, AsiaHand said:

so has anyone ever talked to a decapitateds head or are you just repeating some rumor that you might have heard.Print the proof here.

Documented by a doctor and others during the french revolution. The 'experiment' was agreed between him and his friend pre guillotine time.

They agreed that after the head came off the doctor would pick it up and the guy would blink slowly for as long as he could.

The record written by the doctor recorder at least eleven slow blinks before stopping. It's lack of oxygen that kills the brain in those cases and that's not instant. No brain injury occurs when the head comes off that way, just slow shutdown I reckon.

Just do your own google on it.

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

must have been going 200 kph to do that kind of damage.

RIP

P.S. Did they find a brain inside his head?

It's not the age, it's the state of mind and maturity, which doesn't necessarily comes with age.

Had a big bike myself at the age of 18... and I am alive and kicking

2 minutes ago, les Dennis said:

I am most definately not implying this was the case, but the mind boggles when I see motorcyclists wear a helmet ( to keep in line with the law) but dont do it up !

Quite often see drivers with one arm through the belt so it looks like they are wearing it.

6 hours ago, kannot said:

You can remain conscious and able to blink for up to 30 seconds after decapitation, experiments  done at turn of century.

With this set up you and your best mate could blink to each other till the lights go out. ??

PS.

I agree about brain still working until oxygen starvation kills it.

images (33).jpeg

Sad when we are young we are unincumbered with a sense of mortality glad no one else was involved condolences to his family that being said it’s part of being a young dude to do dumb stuff like that I’m glad I survived my youth as I took many many dumb risks I’m sure many of you did as well

7 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Looks like a Shoei helmet, one of the Marquez replicas (Shoei badges and the number 93 ), so not cheap.

But I agree it's completely irrelevant.

i just saw the helmet photo. agree, looks like a shoei

2 hours ago, Tug said:

Sad when we are young we are unincumbered with a sense of mortality glad no one else was involved condolences to his family that being said it’s part of being a young dude to do dumb stuff like that I’m glad I survived my youth as I took many many dumb risks I’m sure many of you did as well

I would be embarrassed to admit to some of them on here.??

In Australia you have to be 17 to obtain a drivers/riders licence, in case of bike you are restricted to bikes under 250cc for first 2 years then you can apply for open licence for bigger bikes, this entails a new test. This bullshit about getting licence at 15 so you can ride to school is exactly that bullshit.If Thailand really wants to reduce motorbikes deaths by 50% maybe they should take a leaf out of Australia's book. Nah that not going to happen no tea money for RTP 

22 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Very young to have a cbr650 

It's too much bike for a kid age 18

And the helmet probably cost  over $500 so they should not have even mentioned the "expensive helmet" in a case like this where it didn't help

Expensive can't save stupid !!!

Archived