Big Joke turns his attention to illegal "Tramadol" factory

rooster59

Big Joke turns his attention to illegal "Tramadol" factory

17-_180817_0103-1024x683.jpg

Image: Tourist Police Bureau

Crime buster Maj Gen Surachet Hakpan of the tourist police has turned his attention to what his website called a scourge of youth.

This is the abuse of the pharmaceutical drug known as Tramadol. 

The Tourist Police Bureau website said that their star man had teamed up with tech cops and food and drug administration reps in a campaign against Tramadol and those who produce illegal generic copies of the drug.

The TBS site said that the Surachet understands that the abuse of Tramadol (green and yellow capsules) is responsible for truancy, depression and leads to crime such as theft and robbery.

Good students can turn to bad, they said, as the drug takes hold. 

Surachet was pictured with other officers at a factory where generic versions of the drug - Volcidol, Tindol and Pacmadol - were being produced by the bucket load. 

Two arrests were made - Dechaphon Thiamthanom, 34, and Patsayanan Hotek. 

Thaivisa notes that Tramadol is prescribed by doctors for pain. 

However, its abuse in high doses can induce a euphoric high and can lead to dependency and serious health issues.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-18

17-_180817_0039-1024x683.jpg

17-_180817_0049-1024x683.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Crime buster Maj Gen Surachet Hakpan of the tourist police has turned his attention to what his website called a scourge of youth.

Fair play to him, it's just a pity they turn their backs on the scourge of corruption that will affect youth for generations to come...…...but hey...…….it's their country.

8 minutes ago, sungod said:

I'm struggling to understand how this comes under the Tourist Police jurisdiction, answers on the back on postcard please.

It doesn’t. But it does come under the ‘look at me, everyone’ jurisdiction that every higher ranking police officer is under. 

26 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Here is your answer.

Who cares, other than the TV cynics?

The guy did a good job .

Immigration police, tourist police ( not the expat wallies who do it ) and plod on the stree, and in the cars are all police. No difference except a couple of badges.

it's a publicity stunt. You can see a microphone from Channel 8 during the arrest.

Big Joke promotes himself with help from mass media, all those press conferences, including at 2am at khaosan rd police station, flying to germany after run away monks.

And it's not for the sake of tourism, because he is concentrating on domestic crime.

30 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Here is your answer.

Who cares, other than the TV cynics?

The guy did a good job .

He's a cop doing a good job, where are the thousands of others doing their jobs. In the town near where we live, I have to go into the police stations to see a live copper. I have never seen one walking on the streets in 10 years of being here,  except for the odd one on his way to  a gold shop for a bit of extra pay.

Most of us believe right or wrong that profitable crime is sanctioned by the Thai authorities, weather they are getting brown envelopes or simply turning a blind eye while the big men go about their business.

Seems remarkable to me that this guy can close down so many scams without being called off.

4 minutes ago, londonthai said:

it's a publicity stunt. You can see a microphone from Channel 8 during the arrest.

Big Joke promotes himself with help from mass media, all those press conferences, including at 2am at khaosan rd police station, flying to germany after run away monks.

And it's not for the sake of tourism, because he is concentrating on domestic crime.

"........flying to germany after run away monks."

Sorry mate, wrong guy. That was national police chief Chakthip Chaijinda . 

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

I am sorry but once again , how is this under tourist police jurisdiction? What authority does he have when his job is tourist police , tourist being the operative word

Maybe the operative word is "policeman"?

35 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

The first wave of a Tramadol witch hunt. It kills pain, that's all. It is not the scourge of youth.....OR the scourge of old age. It makes my back pain bearable. The law is not serving the people.

Did you ever tried one with alchohol , it gives a really nice buzz.

Many use it togehter with Kratom.

If it serves your back pain you should get a precription from a doktor.

Now they are still available over the counter at pharmacies which is not good.

29 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Most of us believe right or wrong that profitable crime is sanctioned by the Thai authorities, weather they are getting brown envelopes or simply turning a blind eye while the big men go about their business.

Seems remarkable to me that this guy can close down so many scams without being called off.

Not if you have to advise first what your next target is ?

"However, its abuse in high doses can induce a euphoric high and can lead to dependency and serious health issues."

Same with alcohol, which is consumed in a higher abundance, and causes more illnesses and deaths than all other drugs combined. So, what's his point? 

1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

The first wave of a Tramadol witch hunt. It kills pain, that's all. It is not the scourge of youth.....OR the scourge of old age. It makes my back pain bearable. The law is not serving the people.

Who said they are pointing on Tramadol? They are getting rid of the bad copies, that sells cheaper to young people that get hooked on them for no reason. Even with back pain you should be able to figure that out. You can go on your merry way and eat your pain medicine, and really do not have to see this as a bad thing. It´s a good police doing a massive amount of good work where needed.

45 minutes ago, BestB said:

I am sorry but once again , how is this under tourist police jurisdiction? What authority does he have when his job is tourist police , tourist being the operative word

Why do you care about that? Did you have an interest in the making, and he finally shut you down?

40 minutes ago, BestB said:

Maybe but sadly have tourist attached to it, so he should police away where tourist are concerned ?

Instead you should see the positive in that somebody is making a difference in all areas. 

17 minutes ago, jaltsc said:

"However, its abuse in high doses can induce a euphoric high and can lead to dependency and serious health issues."

Same with alcohol, which is consumed in a higher abundance, and causes more illnesses and deaths than all other drugs combined. So, what's his point? 

Back street factories with no licence to produce and let's imagine the level of hygiene and quality control.

Hey Boss, we're nearly out of base powder.

OK, nip down to the local market and get as much cheap flour and talcum powder as you can.

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Fair play to him, it's just a pity they turn their backs on the scourge of corruption that will affect youth for generations to come...…...but hey...…….it's their country.

The guy is busy making a career, going after corruption is ending a career.

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Immigration police, tourist police ( not the expat wallies who do it ) and plod on the stree, and in the cars are all police. No difference except a couple of badges.

That’s how it’s been explained to me too.  While they may have independent operating structures, reporting commands and such, from a legal jurisdictional basis, I’ve always understood that they (tourist police) have the same - no more or no less - statutory authority as other non-tourist police officers have.. again, from a statutory jurisdictional basis only 

4 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Not at the pharmacies I have visited in the last week. 

4 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

i have used Tramadol with beer. It does nothing. I don't do that anymore because there is a possibility that it might be dangerous. I take up to 200 milligrams at a time, (4 50 MG capsules) I have taken twice that amount and noticed no drowsiness or other altered state. Tramadol is a very effective painkiller. The Thai government keeps trying to follow the lead of the USA, which would have us getting prescriptions for ASPIRIN if they could. Some countries have gone completely insane with drug laws. The UAE is a good example. They throw tourists in jail for possession of Xanax and occasionally for blood pressure meds. This has happened to transit passengers from the UK.

1 minute ago, KhunFred said:

i have used Tramadol with beer. It does nothing. I don't do that anymore because there is a possibility that it might be dangerous. I take up to 200 milligrams at a time, (4 50 MG capsules) I have taken twice that amount and noticed no drowsiness or other altered state. Tramadol is a very effective painkiller. The Thai government keeps trying to follow the lead of the USA, which would have us getting prescriptions for ASPIRIN if they could. Some countries have gone completely insane with drug laws. The UAE is a good example. They throw tourists in jail for possession of Xanax and occasionally for blood pressure meds. This has happened to transit passengers from the UK.

The availability of prescription drugs over the counter (not for abuse) is one of many reasons why Cambodia is my number one SEA destination now. Thailand is becoming over regulated and is not half as much fun as Cambodia which still retains a little bit of a wild west element. 

11 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Strange , diferent people , diferent reactions.

I was walking on clouds and even more whith alchohol.

Stoped taking it as it was getting to much of a habit.

5 hours ago, KhunFred said:

I wish you could have witnessed what it did to my mother.

She was never the same after she received it following an operation.

Archived