Big Joke turns his attention to illegal "Tramadol" factory

rooster59

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Fair play to him, it's just a pity they turn their backs on the scourge of corruption that will affect youth for generations to come...…...but hey...…….it's their country.

Corruption has been the base of the government since the 1930s with the military totally in power and it will never change short of what started  in France in 1789

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

I wish you could have witnessed what it did to my mother.

She was never the same after she received it following an operation.

I wish big joke was there after the operation stopping your mother from receiving the evil drugs.

39 minutes ago, HHTel said:

Until recently, the Tourist Police had very limited powers.  A little while ago, they were given extra powers which now allows 'Joke' to do what he's doing.

It would appear they got little more than extra , they are now raiding markets, traffic check points, raiding factories, raiding hotels , raiding massage shops , raiding bars 

it was as if they have been given the ultimate power, while royal Thai police, immigration police are nowhere to be seen

7 hours ago, KhunFred said:

The first wave of a Tramadol witch hunt. It kills pain, that's all. It is not the scourge of youth.....OR the scourge of old age. It makes my back pain bearable. The law is not serving the people.

Except that it's a fairly strong morphine based opiate that shouldn't be available out the back of dodgy pharmacies, particularly backyard cooked up imitations with no control. Surely you would have a script for your back pain wouldn't you? This isn't a crack down on legitimate prescribed medication. Or do you just self medicate with whatever you think is appropriate? 

6 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Did you ever tried one with alchohol , it gives a really nice buzz.

Many use it togehter with Kratom.

If it serves your back pain you should get a precription from a doktor.

Now they are still available over the counter at pharmacies which is not good.

The pharmacist won't hand them over willy-nilly.  They are a very effective pain killer for some.  Hope it doesn't get restricted for legal use, but suspect it will. Joe Average lives in avoidable pain- same as it ever was.

27 minutes ago, starky said:

Except that it's a fairly strong morphine based opiate that shouldn't be available out the back of dodgy pharmacies, particularly backyard cooked up imitations with no control. Surely you would have a script for your back pain wouldn't you? This isn't a crack down on legitimate prescribed medication. Or do you just self medicate with whatever you think is appropriate? 

We should make McDonald's and beer illegal too. It's very dangerous to eat unhealthy food and get drunk. 

While we are at it, lots of people spend too much time on their phones, neglecting their health and neglecting their children. We should ban phones too.

3 hours ago, KhunFred said:

i have used Tramadol with beer. It does nothing. I don't do that anymore because there is a possibility that it might be dangerous. I take up to 200 milligrams at a time, (4 50 MG capsules) I have taken twice that amount and noticed no drowsiness or other altered state. Tramadol is a very effective painkiller. The Thai government keeps trying to follow the lead of the USA, which would have us getting prescriptions for ASPIRIN if they could. Some countries have gone completely insane with drug laws. The UAE is a good example. They throw tourists in jail for possession of Xanax and occasionally for blood pressure meds. This has happened to transit passengers from the UK.

No offense but maybe you have built up a tolerance.

It gets me high same a Vicodin.

200 mg. would give me a great buzz.  I usually take the 100 mg. retard only when I need it for back pain.

On this, I am happy it can be purchased w/o a prescription but am surprised.  It is a strong drug I think and very addicting.  I would not be surprised if this time next year it is gone from over the counter.

11 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

No offense but maybe you have built up a tolerance.

It gets me high same a Vicodin.

200 mg. would give me a great buzz.  I usually take the 100 mg. retard only when I need it for back pain.

On this, I am happy it can be purchased w/o a prescription but am surprised.  It is a strong drug I think and very addicting.  I would not be surprised if this time next year it is gone from over the counter.

My doctor in the United States told me he was prescribing it, precisely because it was not addictive and no tolerance was built up. I suppose his medical degree means nothing but I will defer to his judgement.

17 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

My doctor in the United States told me he was prescribing it, precisely because it was not addictive and no tolerance was built up. I suppose his medical degree means nothing but I will defer to his judgement.

My ex-wife was told the same by her Doctor until she became extremely addicted.

I just suggest people who are taking it do some research.  There is updated information.

Everyone is different but from my personal experience, it is addicting. I had some bad withdrawl symptoms when I got off of it. 

17 hours ago, KhunFred said:

The first wave of a Tramadol witch hunt. It kills pain, that's all. It is not the scourge of youth.....OR the scourge of old age. It makes my back pain bearable. The law is not serving the people.

tramadol is addictive

8 hours ago, KhunFred said:

your doctor was wrong. https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/tramadol-oral-route/description/drg-20068050

https://blog.iodine.com/tramadol-the-most-dangerous-drug-in-the-world-5500450d6cc6

18 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Here is your answer.

Who cares, other than the TV cynics?

The guy did a good job .

What exactly has he done, absolutely nothing.  All his time is taken up with photo ops around the country and abroad.  He doesn't even have time to go to the bathroom in between makeup, hair, wardrobe change and next photograph.  He's a joke and probably never personally conducted an investigation or made an arrest in his life.  What other police officer anywhere in the world does national tours with a large entourage, makeup department and publicity department.

4 hours ago, hobz said:

Went to small noname pharmacy. 

He said 50mg are not ok. But he had 37.5mg with paracetamol 10 pills for 199THB. Lol.

Probably because they knew the 50mg. are the Thai brand which in fact are being manfactured by the illegal factories.

Although cheaper, my experience is those pills made me sleepy.  More like a Valium reaction.

The 37.5 are imported and actually work like Tramadol should relieving pain.

The 100 mg. are also imported.  They work on a slow release.  Usually over 200 b for 10 pills.

1 hour ago, AYJAYDEE said:

define misuse

Tramadol addictive nonsense, i took tramadol for over 4 years, until 29th october last year.

I just got tired of taking them everyday, so i just stopped, no problems what so ever.

All this about things being addictive is in some peoples minds.

I took tramadol to help with the pains i was getting everyday, still get pain but i have learned to live with it.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Tramadol addictive nonsense, i took tramadol for over 4 years, until 29th october last year.

I just got tired of taking them everyday, so i just stopped, no problems what so ever.

All this about things being addictive is in some peoples minds.

uh, thats kinda what addictions are!!

21 hours ago, sungod said:

I'm struggling to understand how this comes under the Tourist Police jurisdiction, answers on the back on postcard please.

Quite simply because the regular police are too lazy to get off their collective fat <deleted> and do the job that they're paid for...
So he's got involved..

Does that help?

21 hours ago, sungod said:

I'm struggling to understand how this comes under the Tourist Police jurisdiction, answers on the back on postcard please.

I rather think that the jurisdiction and "tourist" connection are not important. 

This chap is conducting a number of carefully staged and highly publicised operations against a wide variety of illegal operations. The publicity is good for the RTP and the government, people like to see criminals coming unstuck. Those same criminals are probably regretting opting out of the appropriate "informal regulation scheme" when it was offered. 

Note I am not suggesting that "Big Jok" is bent, but I would be surprised if there is not an element of oversight to the selection of the targets he is given. 

It will be interesting to see just how many trials and convictions actually result from these dramatic 2am swoops... 

Archived