British Embassy Bangkok warns of the importance of having medical insurance

Jonathan Fairfield

19 hours ago, nong38 said:

Now if you think your Insurance is covering you that is the chance you take, your interpretation of the policy and the company's may be different, I have never had a good result with Insurance companies they quick to take your money and slow to pay out as well as trying to wriggle out of paying anything.

You pays your money, or not and you make your choice.

The moment of truth will come if you make a claim.

Very easy to say if you can self insure, I don't have enough dosh to do that.

My opinion is I have not found your experience the case in claiming insurance for vehicle accident or on my health insurance claims were paid no problem 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you Google April Global, besides their website, you will see blogs containing severe criticism of April.
I have googled and I don't find that.

What I do find:

4 sites reviewing April travel insurance with multiple teviews on each. All give it good ratings: 4.0, 4.24, 4.5 and 4.6 out of 5pointd.

1 site (Trustpilot) with only 3 total reviews, all negative, 2 for their travel product and one for their Euro+ product.

I do not find any reviews for their international expat policy at all. In general I find it difficult to locate online reviews of expat (non-travel) policies.

If you have found something else please send me the links.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was having a look at healthcare  for the over 70's and found a site which might be worth having a look at.

The site is "Pacific Prime" they look like brokers to me from the USA. A company called "Pacific Cross" looked promising, lots of options on prices and they will go up to 80 then its up to you again and self insure.

Cigna glibal will insure up to 100. Some others as well. And these offer lifetime renewal.

Thise living in Chiang Mai or Pattaya should contact their local Expat Club as they have group policirs. CM Expat Club policy is with HCI. Pattaya Expat Club is I think Pacific Cross but in both cases the terms may be better than what you can get on your own, especially re age.

Thanks Sheryl.  I have tried to get a quote through the April website and encountered two problems.  Apparently the trip length cannot exceed sixty days and, although I am a US citizen the site won't continue if I say that I am not a resident of the US.  If I shorten the trip length to under sixty days and say that I am a resident of Washington State, I can get a quote but I don't understand the requirement that I enter the cost of the trip and the initial and final payment for the trip.  Perhaps I have the wrong website (?) https://us.april-international.com/en

Rather than post links to the negative reviews of April International that I found, I will pursue your other recommendations.

2 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Perhaps I have the wrong website (?) https://us.april-international.com/en

Forgive me but you know that is only travel insurance and not Health Insurance?

"April" group seems to have a lot of subsets. I went to the April International site for Expat health insurance and when putting in where I was a citizen and that I lived in Thailand it came back with - we have no policies for Thailand.......

What I had to do was find April My Health Insurance which has a separate Thailand based office (although it initially tried to send me to a Hong Kong base) and it comes up with some options. However like many it won't allow you to get a quote or contact them online without giving your phone no. so I have not pursued it yet.

I think he is looking specifically for travel insurance but for around 6 month duration.

DogNo1 you are on the web site for April's US affiliate. I think you can get it also from their main international office in France. Different website. I don't know re trip duration.

IMG also has travel policies.

On 8/18/2018 at 2:16 PM, bert bloggs said:

Many years ago i had business in BKK and had to deal with the British Embassy ,they were as much use as a chocolate spoon ,  now????????? oh for the days of the chocolate spoon .

I found them of bad service with corrupt officers too. UK, take back your embassy!

Cheers and have a rippa day.

16 hours ago, stud858 said:

I found them of bad service with corrupt officers too. UK, take back your embassy!

Cheers and have a rippa day.

Never had a problem with dealing with British Embassy in Bangkok, the people who do, my guess is they have the wrong attitude along with being impatient. 

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Never had a problem with dealing with British Embassy in Bangkok, the people who do, my guess is they have the wrong attitude along with being impatient. 

Regardless, when I received back an email from UK regarding the matter in Bangkok , I was told to forward my information to the Bangkok office.

Now that screams of incompetence to me

An accused corrupt office to investigate itself. Haha great job UK officials.

2 hours ago, stud858 said:

Regardless, when I received back an email from UK regarding the matter in Bangkok , I was told to forward my information to the Bangkok office.

Now that screams of incompetence to me

An accused corrupt office to investigate itself. Haha great job UK officials.

Annoying yeah for you OK but how do you know his corrupt.  

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Annoying yeah for you OK but how do you know his corrupt.  

Was annoying for my friend who I was helping. I found it laughable. Thai Officer on the uk side asking for more money.

But the world is a big place. And everyone just trying to get by the best they can.

This was years ago, but I have no confidence in them and I'd be getting my own visa from Australia. Hmmm I don't need a visa. I forget. Convict favours apply. 

Archived