Umbilical Hernia Repair (Lapraskopic, full narcotic)

MusV

Dear member

Due old data and confused data I asking you to share you actual knowledge with me. I have an acutely umbilical  hernia to repair. Because of my weight (161kg) the doctors say to high risk to do surgery. On the other hand in combination with cut half the stomach for loose weight, they will do.

I'm single dad, don't have too much money. Please tell me the best price value YOU KNOW for an Lapraskopic umbilical hernia repair. 

Thank you very much

If you have been advised that the risks of the surgery are greater than the risks of not having surgery you should accept that.

A surgeon willing to do surgery despite it being non essential and medically contraindicated is not a surgeon you can or should trust. Won't come cheap, either.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Dear Sheryl

Complications I not like (can occur when the protruding abdominal tissue becomes trapped (incarcerated) and can no longer be pushed back into the abdominal cavity. ... If the trapped portion of intestine is completely cut off from the blood supply (strangulated hernia), tissue death (gangrene) may occur. *

Yes. But this occurs in only a.minority of cases. And the surgery also carries risk.

For someone in good physical condition, the risk of the surgery is less than the risk of not having surgery (which equals: risk of strangulation occurring multiplied by the mortality risk associated with strangulation ).

In people who have unusual risk factors for surgery the opposite can be true: safer to not operate.

The likelihood of a hernia rrpair succeeding is also much less in obese people. Even if you got through the surgery OK, good chance the hernia would recur, sometimes before the incision has even healed, sometimes later.

Get a second or third opinion if you like but if they say same thing (likely) you should accept it.

One of the most horrific deaths I have ever seen was in an obese celebrity who was determined to have an elective surgery against medical advice. She just kept shopping around for a surgeon and, since money was no object, eventually found one unscrupulous enough to do it.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived