Im getting very bored

georgegeorgia

38 minutes ago, balo said:

If your'e only on a long holiday , like 7 weeks , I would not stay in Pattaya more than maybe 2 weeks. It will probably be more expensive for you too , buying all those bar girls drinks.   Instead I would travel all around Thailand , and Cambo / Vietnam .  Go experience something new every week , staying in Pattaya for 7 weeks only as a tourist sounds boring, there are limitations for what to do as a tourist , when you get bored of the barscene. 

I live here so I can't escape it.  Watching a good movie at home is more interesting than stay in a bar with drunken tourists and girls screaming at you for no other reason than empty your pocket. 

Of course you can escape it! You can get a bus, train, taxi, boat or plane to anywhere of hundreds of different locations in Thailand. Thailand features many distinct areas and cultures and people. Around Pattaya are plenty of live music gigs too including Morlam sing on WS and late night Miriam clubs. I rarely get bored. People who have not been brought up to be interested in art, food, architecture,  culture,  history etc and just follow sport often find it difficult to engage even sexual fun and adventures. Thailand has the most variety of adventures. Anybody who finds it dull is probably very dull them selves. Pick up a guide book or consult a website and head off  to the nearest festival or event. Go Nong Khai and cycle along the Mekong, eat and drink in the bars there. Go to Khon Kaen bat hopping...travel by big  bus, cheap  comfy and a good way to view the fertile heartlands. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, kannot said:

ive been bored since birth and find  most  things very underwhelming

Funny, I can't remember ever really being bored.  Even if there is nothing going on, and I have nothing really to do -- my mind starts wandering and thinking of other things -- be science, or projects I have done and now I am thinking how I could have done it better etc.  I might be boring, but I don't get bored...  

i've not been in 8 years, so not sure if it still exists, but on the roof of Mike Shopping Mall is a pretty decent pool, with sun chairs, etc.  if you're not interested in swimming, you can just enjoy the view, and probably order beers and stuff.  it's kind of oriented towards family and exercise type people, i don't think i ever saw more than a couple of women there who might be involved in the entertainment industry. 

I experienced the same thing on one of my two month stays in Thailand.  I just am not a big bar guy, disco guy etc.  Love the leisure and relaxation, but found myself just killing time.  Went back to the USA, padded up my monies to the point that I really can retire and have plenty of passive income.  I am an engineer and like my work, but don't want to be one of those people that lives for work!  Best thing I can come up with is 50 50.  Half time in Thailand, say two 90 day intervals, then the other time back home.   All I can say is having money and being bored is a better problem than having no money, having to go to work, having to worry about making ends meet, etc. 

As Il Douche Mousselini said "Renew oneself or perish".  Maybe go try to learn something?  Take a course or two, be it Thai Language, or online MBA or whatever.  If one has no goals, one may not be motivated to get out of bed and up and at em!

7 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

You need more focus. Give all your attention to the girl you actually do like and largely ignore the others, including saying no to buying them drinks (other than the one you're sat with). They excel in group hustling and things can quickly spiral out of control this way. Stay focused and they'll respect you for it - they'll size you up as a punter, not a sucker. 

Do I also need to pay bar fine? 

You're lucky.....you can do something about it. Due to certain circumstances, illness etc.,. many people have no choice bet to live with their lot.

So be positive and look on how fortunate you are to have a "luxury problem" such as this.

Travel around thailand in public transport that will really keep you awake. Once you have seen one village they are all basically the same. The bars and pattaya are the same, once you have seen a dozen or so they are all the same and they are all designed to seperate you from your money.!!

15 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Travel around the country a bit, see other places.

"no use ditting in bars and being ignored most times"

what vibe are you releasing to be ignored????

Good idea ! Book a  flight from Pattaya Airport ( U-Tapao ) to visit  different cities, Chiangmai in the North or Samui / Phuket in the South or Udon Thani/ Nong Kai  in North East .

Those 2 weeks will go quickly.

Well, Pattaya is not too far away from the rest of Thailand... maybe get out of town and learn a little about a very unique and fascinating culture instead of just seeing a piece of Thailand that has been warped into a tourist area designed to make you feel more like you are at home? 

1 hour ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Funny, I can't remember ever really being bored.  Even if there is nothing going on, and I have nothing really to do -- my mind starts wandering and thinking of other things -- be science, or projects I have done and now I am thinking how I could have done it better etc.  I might be boring, but I don't get bored...  

everyone's  different.

Even from a  young age 99% of things would be a disappointment but am not sure thats the same as bored?.

Things I can think of which really made an impact would be my first motorbike at aged 18 which I had for 1  year, then saved everything for my next a 750 which was a  great bike but  arrived with a bent back wheel "new" from the dealer who said I must have driven it up a kerb etc............Like I wouldnt have noticed that, sold it after 2  months.

Trips  out to places generally were  not as exciting as Id  hoped and often down right  disappointing.

The usual things were the people there "spoiling " it. These days there seems to be a "loudmouth" everywhere and the world  has now become a narcissistic world especially with the Thais but it is worldwide.

BUT, occasionally I will hear a piece of  music and it gives me a real thrill and ill listen to it all night and day repeatedly, thats probably the biggest thrill I ever get.

I can watch 100 movies and only 1  will actually be worth remembering 99% dross, last one I liked  was  Ex Machina.

I spend a lot of time gardening I mean " a lot" Ive got 15 rai but I do find most things totally boring, never been to a bar anywhere not interested in seeing the world as that which ive seen has been not worth it and with the advent of mass tourism its now even worse. I live in the sticks with no neighbours under a rock with a  tin foil hat on hahahahaha

Wife lives in BKK we meet  up every few  weeks and we both like it that way.

My mind is always wandering, spent most of my life working alone, I guess my best friend is me whom Ill talk to all day.........Im probably mad...............but then many guess  that already 

15 hours ago, jvs said:

Find yourself a good book and try to enjoy being your own company.

canterbury tales, an excellent 2nd hand book shop--HUGE  variety of  books, they buy back @ 50%.

what about day on koh larn, join an expats club, walking/gym. swimming in pool..

i think its hard to get bored in pattaya  ????  

12 minutes ago, murraynz said:

canterbury tales, an excellent 2nd hand book shop--HUGE  variety of  books, they buy back @ 50%.

what about day on koh larn, join an expats club, walking/gym. swimming in pool..

i think its hard to get bored in pattaya  ????  

I am sure he is over 75 if it is a male.  He mentioned shopping and art galleries as if they were activities that men would like to do in Pattaya.  I suggested Nong Noochi my original post in case it was a woman.    But it could just be a non-human troll!!!

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you haven't already done so travel around, you won't be bored. Do a scuba diving course on Koh Tao. Trekking Chang Mai. But if you can't be bothered then you can only blame yourself

Yes lots to do if you think about it and you have the drive and the money to do it.

9 hours ago, The manic said:

I never knew It on was nude...I'll check it out.

I think it's on Soi Yamato, 13/1, not Soi Post Office which is 13/2.

Looks like middle of the soi, northside, wedged in between the ladyboy bars.

Maybe they have more than just Big Hugs there?

Been in Pattaya many times, lived near there for 3 years. In all reality the only things to do there are go to bars, massages, gent clubs and Central mall it gets old very fast. You are right after two weeks call it good and get back home.

Archived