Im getting very bored

georgegeorgia

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the OP I just want to say thankyou to all of you,

Went out last night first to a markets then onto a bar,sat there for a few hours then came back to the room.

Was a good night last night met some great farang expats to chat with,

The problem is this time I booked my hotel via the apps for a full 7 week stay so only can get 50% back if i cancel.

lesson learnt is next year when I come to Patts it will be 2 week maximum, 7 weeks is just too long and Im bored out of my brains.

Perhaps next time don't spend all of your vacation time in Pattaya. I personally struggle to spend more than 1 night there, let alone 7 weeks. I am sure you are aware that there are quite literally hundreds of other amazing vacation spots you could spend your days and weeks at.

I assume you are Australian. What do you do there to entertain yourself?

If you just hang out with your friends why not go to the expats club? Or find a bar where Aussies hang. Don't think that would be hard.

So can you find something similar to do that you do at home? Whatever that is.

Is there a reason you can't move to other places? Oh I see. Well, maybe it is worth taking a bit of a loss. I stay at a place no longer than 2-3 weeks. Keeps me energized.

You could even go away for a couple weeks then return. Many options. Choose not to be bored and act on it.

I book my hotels but don't prepay.

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you haven't already done so travel around, you won't be bored. Do a scuba diving course on Koh Tao. Trekking Chang Mai. But if you can't be bothered then you can only blame yourself

Yeah go to Murder Island Koh Tao, lol

14 hours ago, tolsti said:

Australian.... they possess very little imagination or people skills.

Could be right on the money, when his friends were here with him seems they found lots to do and places to go. Now that he is by himself doesn't seem to know how to deal in a strange land alone.  Pick up a bargirl , barfine her for a couple of days and have her show you around .  Go look at some of those tour places in hotel or  along beach and take a tour to the areas.

Spend your time looking at threads, replying to them and creating them. This is a great opportunity to

gain respect within the Thai Visa community. The number of posts you have is very important in establishing

credibility. Anyone with as small a number as posts as you is often labeled a troll whose opinion isn't important.

Remember your opinion is more valid the higher your post count.

There are some people who are obviously posting many times every day, these people must have the best opinions

in the world, just wish I had an opportunity like you to increase my count.

18 hours ago, Crossy said:

Buzz up to BKK or even Ayutthaya, plenty of temples to examine.

Book a van tour somewhere, Kanchanaburi is a good trip but maybe a bit far from Patters.

only 6 hours from pattaya so why not go then see the bridge...ozzies were there in the war..you could go see the cemetry which is kept in top class condition

Pattaya is not for everyone, people have different tastes, different expectations and that’s fine . There is plenty to do if your not a monger . Sitting in the bar alone is not necessary a bad thing , can people watch and usually there’s plenty to see . I’ve been here in Pattaya for well over 15 years and haven’t been in any agogo for many years but I always am busy and enjoy everyday. However I have a English friend who has a Thai wife and lived in Thailand for last 6 years (Korat ) he came to visit last month and I took him to a few girlie type bars on the darkside which he felt were “disgusting “ , I thought they were fun . Different folks , different strokes .

?

17 hours ago, opalred said:

take out a lady-boy /better still take 2 on a skinny dip on pattaya beach 

your mates in oz will be jealous 

"your mates in oz will be jealous". I don't think so, there are no more homosexuals in Australia than any other country. ?

16 hours ago, BestB said:

Last time I tried cost me an arm and a leg in lady drinks and   That’s for the ones who I did not like 

whats your experiences like?

You bought ladydrinks for girls you did not like. :cheesy: I would not even buy ladydrinks for girls I did like?.

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

I assume you are Australian. What do you do there to entertain yourself?

If you just hang out with your friends why not go to the expats club? Or find a bar where Aussies hang. Don't think that would be hard.

So can you find something similar to do that you do at home? Whatever that is.

Try Aussie Pitstop bar Soi 7 ,or send your mates a text to come back,I’m sure 1 of them would be wishing they were back in Pattaya

Get married to one of the Thai ladies you've met.

Buy her some land up-country and oversee construction of a house. 

That'll keep you busy for a while, it's definitely not boring and your mates back home will be envious.

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

As the OP I just want to say thankyou to all of you,

Went out last night first to a markets then onto a bar,sat there for a few hours then came back to the room.

Was a good night last night met some great farang expats to chat with,

The problem is this time I booked my hotel via the apps for a full 7 week stay so only can get 50% back if i cancel.

lesson learnt is next year when I come to Patts it will be 2 week maximum, 7 weeks is just too long and Im bored out of my brains.

How was the market? Did you buy anything?

On theprasit, there is a big market on the left down 500 hundred metres from sukhumvit.

But I recommend walking down further 500m to the second hand market. Open every evening. About 6-9 pm.is a good time to go.

Archived