Im getting very bored

georgegeorgia

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

OH. I have dated a few tire biters in my time.  Coyote moment in the morning; wanting to bite ones arm off to escape.All because no one is ugly after 2am.

Oh yeah they are. As witnessed by you'd rather bite your arm off than wake them in the morning.

How to address boredom? There is so much that can be done in life, to avoid boredom. You are on vacation. And complaining of boredom. Lets see. Maybe find a new spot? I get bored after three days in Pattaya. Not much depth there. Unless you are a local, and like the carting, or the golf, and really know your way around. Try the capital. Or Ayutthaya. Or the gulf coast. Hua Hin? Prachuap? Samui? Phangan? There are infinite possibilities. For alot of us, boredom is a fairly simple problem that can easily be avoided, with some creativity. 

Anyplace I go for a period of time some boredom can set in.

Sure girls and massage I enjoy and do all of that.  So that fills 2 or 3 hours then what?

Living in Pattaya I am bored sometimes and I know many guys that are also.

Some of us play golf 2 or 3 days a week.  The typical comment I get about golf is "it fills my day".

Take a motorbike ride, have a coffee, walk on the beach, go to the mall, sports bar, massage, Soi 6, etc.

All these can fill your day but doing continually can get a little boring just human nature.

I usually go to Bangkok or Chiang Mai for a change of scenery.

• 8 months later...

Google things to do in Pattaya.

Been to Nong Nooch? Been to Temple of Truth? Been to Sattahip on the train? Climbed to Big Buddha/ lookout?

Mini Siam, Bottle museum, Koh Samet, aquarium, water park?

Do they still have the cable drop on the tall tower near Jomptien?

Loads of tours to go on.

If bored in Pattaya, not trying very hard.

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Been to Nong Nooch? Been to Temple of Truth? Been to Sattahip on the train? Climbed to Big Buddha/ lookout?

That's the first week sorted. Thanks.

What do you suggest for the following week?

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:24 AM, The Deerhunter said:

OH. I have dated a few tire biters in my time.  Coyote moment in the morning; wanting to bite ones arm off to escape.All because no one is ugly after 2am.

I never heard the phrase "tire biters" before.  Got a good chuckle this morning while bored at work and contemplating retiring in 5 months.  Thanks

If your bored of the ladies, try change it up or head back to OZ...Personally a beer and a sexy lady works every time for me...You can always try getting into an altercation, piss off a Thai, Try riding a bicycle on thai roads...that's a guaranteed adventure....

4381b60e426e6fea84ae7db27f0de99c.jpg

e9b24dc5bc50ff568af83d3de5b5cf70.jpg

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

That's the first week sorted. Thanks.

What do you suggest for the following week?

A year pass to Nooch could fill every day as it is very exciting watching those elephants play basketball..

20 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Google things to do in Pattaya.

Do they still have the cable drop on the tall tower near Jomptien?

Loads of tours to go on.

If bored in Pattaya, not trying very hard.

take up golf....or fishing ....great courses to play on and many places to fish....could even do a bit of BIRD spotting!!!

On 8/19/2018 at 5:23 PM, The Deerhunter said:

Go to Nong Nooch gardens, on the road out to Sattahip.  If you have not been before be prepared to go back again the next day.    You have to be a very dull person to not find lots to see there.  I think it is the most amazing place.  The size of it is daunting.   Try just guessing the number of potted trees on the road in,  BEFORE you see the nurseries.  The new dinosaur place is astounding.   Theatre shows are over rated and overpriced in my opinion but the rest of the place is fantastic.  They even have resort accomodation there.  There are a few other neat places to visit around Pattaya too.   Look for signs or pick up a What to do in Pattaya handout from somewhere.  Or arrange a 1 or 2 day tour to Angkor over the border in Cambodia if you have not been.   It is not that far and will soak up maybe 4-6 days if you go by mini bus.   4 must sees:  Angkor itself, Bayong,  Ta Promh, the elephant terraces  and if you can, the womans temple but it is a bit of a drive out.  Be real careful of the food at restaurants on day tours, particularly anything uncooked. I would always take my own food & drink now.  I have been sick with suspected food poison 3 times because the tour busses and guides take you where they get the best kick backs, not where the best food is.

I live 1.5 hrs drive away so I am not pumping for anyone. 

It's always amazing how tastes differ.  I find Pattaya 'attractions' lame and boring. Nong Nooch gardens is a complete rip off and apart from the concrete animals, hordes of loud and rude Chinese tourists and stupid dinosaur noises (nobody knows what they sounded like). the prices are outrageous.  My advice would be to hire a car, or take a bus,  and get out of Pattaya.  Go east along the coast, Visit the ancient mangrove forests of Rayong, the diamond shops of Chantaburi and the islands of Koh Samet and Koh Chang. See the very clean beaches and sea past Rayong.   Pattaya can drain your energy and you soul quicker than anywhere I know.  Get out and see some stuff, all within 150km of the City. 

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

It's always amazing how tastes differ.  I find Pattaya 'attractions' lame and boring. Nong Nooch gardens is a complete rip off and apart from the concrete animals, hordes of loud and rude Chinese tourists and stupid dinosaur noises (nobody knows what they sounded like). the prices are outrageous.  My advice would be to hire a car, or take a bus,  and get out of Pattaya.  Go east along the coast, Visit the ancient mangrove forests of Rayong, the diamond shops of Chantaburi and the islands of Koh Samet and Koh Chang. See the very clean beaches and sea past Rayong.   Pattaya can drain your energy and you soul quicker than anywhere I know.  Get out and see some stuff, all within 150km of the City. 

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Whatever floats your boat.  I am 71 now and have lived here for nearly 6 years.   I think NN Garden is fantastic.  I have taken numerous visitors from overseas there, and they all loved it.  I think the original question was what to do that is Not "Adult or sex" related in Pattaya.  It is Thailand's Disneyland/Knots Berry Farm when I went there, although I haven'[t been back to them since 1967.

14 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I never heard the phrase "tire biters" before.  Got a good chuckle this morning while bored at work and contemplating retiring in 5 months.  Thanks

You have apparently led a relatively sheltered life.   Don't take that as a criticism, merely an observation.  It is a big bad world out there for those (of us????) who have thrown ourselves into it.  I was a single man again from 44 to 58 and had a good income to allow myself to enjoy "The Bucket List" approach to life.   Then I remarried and have been happily married to a wonderful, well educated Thai lady 25 years my junior.  Now reasonably well behaved and we both enjoy a variety of interests.

Archived