Delays in getting visa renewal!!!?

Anyone else experiencing the same delays as me in getting a visa renewal!? I have Non O visa and was due to collect from Nonthaburi Office on the 16th August (1 month after I completed all the forms and usual hoops to jump through). At the time the Immigration Officer 'recommended' I come the day after the 16th so obviously some delay expected on their behalf. Went in today (the 20th August) and the guy on the front counter took one look and handed my passport back to me and said ' you too early... wait longer'. Taken aback I politely enquired aprox how long I should wait before returning, without looking up he replied 'maybe 2 more weeks'.... conversation over.... that was it..... no explaination.... nothing!!!!! Anyone have a similar experience or have any idea what's going on??? I have been here 4 or 5 years on the same visa and never experienced something like this!?

It is not that unusual for the approval to take longer than 30 days for the central region of the country. Division 3 in Bangkok takes longer than others to do the approval since they get so many applications to approve.

Did the officer even bother to check to to find out if the it had been done?

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until the approval is done. The report back date is not the end of the under consideration period.