Brexit vote could 'in theory' be reversed: EU minister Moscovici

webfact

22 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

When will Pierre and the rest of the morons understand we do not want the self indulgent, expensive bureaucracy that is Europe. We want out and to leave the Europeans to themselves to stew in their own mess :bah:

Well, and you are walking blindfolded and deaf into your misery. 

4 hours ago, My Thai Life said:

Most clubs do in fact have variable types of membership.

Most clubs do in fact have their rules which you don’t have to accept if you don’t like them, but then you cannot be a member and enjoy its benefits either. 

And they don't insist you pay for updates to the club that will take place after you have left.

That depends on the rules you signed up for. Join a fitness club on a 12-months contract and leave the club after 1 month. The club will certainly insist that you pay what you signed up. 

No one forced the U.K. to agree to any terms. It was the U.K.’s own decision to be a member of the EU under specific terms. If the U.K. doesn’t like these terms now, why did it agree to it in the first place? It’s like all those foreigners whining on Facebook that they have to pay a 12-months gym membership they themselves signed up for. 

The reality is that the EU can flex on many things.

Sure they can. But why should they? They will only do so if it is in their interest. Everything else would be pretty nonsense. 

The citizens of the UK voted to leave the EU.   Another vote? To what end.  Those who favor staying in the EU have to accept that a majority of their citizens voted to leave. Now, the negotiations are to exit with benefit for all and establish how the UK and EU will handle its relationship.

7 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

The citizens of the UK voted to leave the EU.   Another vote? To what end.  Those who favor staying in the EU have to accept that a majority of their citizens voted to leave. Now, the negotiations are to exit with benefit for all and establish how the UK and EU will handle its relationship.

A huge majority wish to remain and keep our rebates and opt outs.

I will correct my statement- the majority voted to leave the EU-  some people will never accept it but the fact is that the  UK is leaving the EU. Unless somehow another vote on the issue  is held and then the vote is to stay in the EU-  the UK will leave the EU. 

Have I missed something?  Are those citizens of the UK who do not want to leave the EU- moving to another European country.  Are they taking up arms  in an attempt to stay in the EU.  Are they simply refusing to  accept the vote and going to maintain they are in the EU and ignore the Brexit vote and any changes the UK and EU agree on.

23 hours ago, Esso49 said:

If it wasn't for that expensive bureaucracy that the UK joined ( when the EEC), BMWs and Mercedes Benz would still be subject to high import duties and the British would thus still be stuck with cheaper unreliable and poorly designed cars from BMC .  With the exception of the Mini of course which was designed by Issigonis,  but then he was Greek/German anyway so guess you could say from the EEC by birth.

Rather than being stuck with unreliable and poorly-designed cars from BMC, the British instead turned in their droves to buying more reliable and better-designed cars from Japan - which were presumably subject to the same high import duties which BMW's and Mercs would have been had the UK remained outside the EEC/EU!

Also worth noting that ASEAN appears to function perfectly well in this part of the world without the need for any expensive supporting bureaucracy EEC/EU-style!

2 hours ago, Thaidream said:

I will correct my statement- the majority voted to leave the EU-  some people will never accept it but the fact is that the  UK is leaving the EU. Unless somehow another vote on the issue  is held and then the vote is to stay in the EU-  the UK will leave the EU. 

Have I missed something?  Are those citizens of the UK who do not want to leave the EU- moving to another European country.  Are they taking up arms  in an attempt to stay in the EU.  Are they simply refusing to  accept the vote and going to maintain they are in the EU and ignore the Brexit vote and any changes the UK and EU agree on.

Actually, I think it's far more likely that the uk govt. will find a way to 'leave in name only', or keep extending the deadline.....

The only thing making the British come crawling back is the British realizing in what shit they get themselves into. Otherwise the British would just sit back and wait until March. But, apparently, someone wants to leave the club but still keep the benefits. Now who’s arrogant? 

What benefits ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

48 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

What benefits ?

While I’m not surprised that some Brexiteers don’t want to admit the EU has its benefits, I’m amazed that some actually are so full of hate that they would publicly ask a stupid question like this. I mean, even my little nephew would grasp that the U.K. probably isn’t crawling back again and again because they don’t have anything else to do. 

5 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

While I’m not surprised that some Brexiteers don’t want to admit the EU has its benefits, I’m amazed that some actually are so full of hate that they would publicly ask a stupid question like this. I mean, even my little nephew would grasp that the U.K. probably isn’t crawling back again and again because they don’t have anything else to do. 

I suspect that Thailand receives far more benefits from ASEAN membership than the UK does from EU membership - and at a fraction of the cost, to boot.

Archived