Veteran politico Chalerm 'certain' of Pheu Thai majority at general election

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

He's no angel but who took over a country?  how many have disappeared?  how many 'mysteriously' hanged themselves in jails?  your view of history is totally biased.

Do tell me how many have disappeared ?.. and tell me how many have been killed under Charlem his watch when the bombings and killings started with him not making any effort to stop it. The guy is the worst of the worst your version of history is totally bias.

Just now, robblok said:

Do tell me how many have disappeared ?.. and tell me how many have been killed under Charlem his watch when the bombings and killings started with him not making any effort to stop it. The guy is the worst of the worst your version of history is totally bias.

I don't like Chalarm  but you cannot compare him with your Junta chums who have pillaged this country for 4 years and now seek to set-up the election. Roll on FFP I say!

1 hour ago, robblok said:

This man is worse than anything the junta has to offer, because I have not seen any junta idiots make a murder go away.. Come on his son shot a guy in plain sight of others and Charlem made it go away. Murder ranks higher in my book then anything. 

Not saying that the others are angels.. they are thugs too but not nearly as bad as Charlem. Corruption wise they might all be the same... but this is just even worse. 

As for intimidation.. i can recall Charlem doing a lot of that too when the people came out to protest against YL.. not going after the bombers at all telling them he could not protect them.. of course not it was the armed wing of the PTP that did the killing.. he would never go after those.

There is a saying:  Politics makes for interesting bed fellows.  He is a thug.  The junta are all thugs.  He wants an election.  I agree with Charlem's desire for an election and nothing else.   What are the choices, Abhisit ?   That nice auto parts mogul's kid is good, but doubt he can stand up to the junta.  From your description, this is the perfect guy to stand up to the junta.

Dog eat dog political environment. Nice guys always finish last. Got to be tough and connected to have any impression in Thai politics. Well unless you are the military and all the fire power. Then you need not be a politician to be the government. 

34 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

There is a saying:  Politics makes for interesting bed fellows.  He is a thug.  The junta are all thugs.  He wants an election.  I agree with Charlem's desire for an election and nothing else.   What are the choices, Abhisit ?   That nice auto parts mogul's kid is good, but doubt he can stand up to the junta.  From your description, this is the perfect guy to stand up to the junta.

I don't like the junta but i feel he is worse.. that being said I still think that the PTP is the least bad option. (there are better options but still not viable)

Anyway its just sad that this is the kind of people that lead the country and are the only choices the Thais have. 

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

And the country?

Back in stupor?

Back in strife and unrest?

Oh pulleeeze,  most Thais were well behaved while their future was taken from them.   The whole strife and unrest thing is an insult to the average Thai. 

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty, Thomas Jefferson. 

18 hours ago, JAG said:

He is quite probably right. An utterly disreputable old thug, but nonetheless quite probably right; if Pheu Thai is allowed to stand. 

Of course, no matter how many votes they garner/seats they win, I'm sure that there will be a variety of reasons which will prevent them from actually taking up those seats. 

Probably no, possibly yes. Times have changed. People see through Thaksin, Chalerm and the PTP crooks just as much as they see through the Junta and their cronies.

Possibly time for a change if the new younger people are allowed to stand?

55 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Dog eat dog political environment. Nice guys always finish last. Got to be tough and connected to have any impression in Thai politics. Well unless you are the military and all the fire power. Then you need not be a politician to be the government. 

Read about this thug and his various offspring's antics Eric. God forbid drunken immoral thugs like them ever get their hands on more firepower.

31 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Read about this thug and his various offspring's antics Eric. God forbid drunken immoral thugs like them ever get their hands on more firepower.

Family of thugs no doubt. Thais are quite forgiving and judge his antics quite differently than people like you and me. He still an electable and credit to him he seek election rather than join the junta like Suthep. No one should get their hands on more firepower may it be the Reds or the Yellows. Meanwhile those who have the firepower should keep them facing out and not use it for purpose of subjugating the people by force,

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Family of thugs no doubt. Thais are quite forgiving and judge his antics quite differently than people like you and me. He still an electable and credit to him he seek election rather than join the junta like Suthep. No one should get their hands on more firepower may it be the Reds or the Yellows. Meanwhile those who have the firepower should keep them facing out and not use it for purpose of subjugating the people by force,

No credit to him for exploiting the situation. Anymore than anyone who comes to power by Junta and then seeks to fix and election to look legitimate.

But this family are common criminals who've literally got away with murder. And his story of a mysterious Singaporean owning all those luxury very expensive cars and letting him look after and drive them is about as far fetched as a certain watch fairy tale!

10 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No credit to him for exploiting the situation. Anymore than anyone who comes to power by Junta and then seeks to fix and election to look legitimate.

But this family are common criminals who've literally got away with murder. And his story of a mysterious Singaporean owning all those luxury very expensive cars and letting him look after and drive them is about as far fetched as a certain watch fairy tale!

Well least he stood for election fairly unlike the heavy fixing of new election laws and constitution.

How Duengchalerm acquitted by the court for the killing of the policeman quite baffling but he was acquitted. As for Wan, he has been charged and will face the court. Can’t say the same for Khun Watchman. 

22 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

'Thais are quite forgiving and judge his antics quite differently than people like you and me. '

Total bullshXX.

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Well least he stood for election fairly unlike the heavy fixing of new election laws and constitution.

How Duengchalerm acquitted by the court for the killing of the policeman quite baffling but he was acquitted. As for Wan, he has been charged and will face the court. Can’t say the same for Khun Watchman. 

Its funny how you seem to sometimes agree with verdicts from courts but say they are not good when they don't go your way. 

4 hours ago, robblok said:

This man is worse than anything the junta has to offer, because I have not seen any junta idiots make a murder go away.. Come on his son shot a guy in plain sight of others and Charlem made it go away. Murder ranks higher in my book then anything. 

Not saying that the others are angels.. they are thugs too but not nearly as bad as Charlem. Corruption wise they might all be the same... but this is just even worse. 

As for intimidation.. i can recall Charlem doing a lot of that too when the people came out to protest against YL.. not going after the bombers at all telling them he could not protect them.. of course not it was the armed wing of the PTP that did the killing.. he would never go after those.

Are you sure about that Rob, I think there are quite a few people who would disagree with you there, or did you forget the over 90 people that died in 2010 just to name one example... Maybe you should think before you post.

48 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its funny how you seem to sometimes agree with verdicts from courts but say they are not good when they don't go your way. 

Read carefully what I posted. Baffling is the clue. No where I said that I agreed with the acquittal. Just stating the fact. 

Chalerm no doubt keeps his fingers crossed to see the PTP from his old chap Thaksin back in power, ...was it only for his family to become the party's protection, now it seems, after himself, after his sons, now one of his grand'sons is having trouble with the Law! Wha'd you say: 3 generations of criminals, and proud of it, what a family...!

19 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Are you sure about that Rob, I think there are quite a few people who would disagree with you there, or did you forget the over 90 people that died in 2010 just to name one example... Maybe you should think before you post.

In 2010 people got shot because there were armed men in black firing at the army. The army is partly responsible for that but so is the man who put the armed backshirts there. We all have our suspicions who that is.So yes blame the army.. but don't act like the other side was innocent. Maybe you should think a bit before you post. 

4 hours ago, robblok said:

In 2010 people got shot because there were armed men in black firing at the army. The army is partly responsible for that but so is the man who put the armed backshirts there. We all have our suspicions who that is.So yes blame the army.. but don't act like the other side was innocent. Maybe you should think a bit before you post. 

I am not claiming anyone was innocent, although I don't believe the men in black story for one minute. Lies and <deleted>. The army had no place there in the first place, and they murdered people in cold blood, using snipers among other things. 

Prayuth, Suthep and Abhisit are fully responsible for the mess they themselves created, none of them will ever be punished, simply because the relevant agencies don't even bother to do a serious investigation into the matter, they were too busy trying to nail Somchai for a minor incident in 2008 where the police used a little bit of violence, nowhere near the scale that was being used by Suthep and co. 

That case eventually was dropped because apart from Somchai, some family member of Prayuth was also involved. 

I do think before I post, and do not close my eyes for the reality. Charlem is a harmless drunk compared to those people, and that is the reality. 

23 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

I am not claiming anyone was innocent, although I don't believe the men in black story for one minute. Lies and <deleted>. The army had no place there in the first place, and they murdered people in cold blood, using snipers among other things. 

Prayuth, Suthep and Abhisit are fully responsible for the mess they themselves created, none of them will ever be punished, simply because the relevant agencies don't even bother to do a serious investigation into the matter, they were too busy trying to nail Somchai for a minor incident in 2008 where the police used a little bit of violence, nowhere near the scale that was being used by Suthep and co. 

That case eventually was dropped because apart from Somchai, some family member of Prayuth was also involved. 

I do think before I post, and do not close my eyes for the reality. Charlem is a harmless drunk compared to those people, and that is the reality. 

No need for you to believe the men in black story, they are caught on video and pictures. So no need for you to believe or not they are real.

So if you can't even see the truth about the men in black.. how well can you see other things.

Anyway Suthep and Abhisit had their part but so had the real leader of the PTP because without his say the men in black would never have been there. Shared blame is what it was nothing more nothing less.  Now we can argue about how much each is to blame but that is it.

Charlem a harmless drunk... laughable.. the guy got his son off who murdered someone in front of a bar full of people. I would not call that harmless. Then someone like that get made justice minister... 

I am also still waiting for proof that the guy from future forward supported Suthep. I would really like to know.

18 minutes ago, robblok said:

No need for you to believe the men in black story, they are caught on video and pictures. So no need for you to believe or not they are real.

So if you can't even see the truth about the men in black.. how well can you see other things.

Anyway Suthep and Abhisit had their part but so had the real leader of the PTP because without his say the men in black would never have been there. Shared blame is what it was nothing more nothing less.  Now we can argue about how much each is to blame but that is it.

Charlem a harmless drunk... laughable.. the guy got his son off who murdered someone in front of a bar full of people. I would not call that harmless. Then someone like that get made justice minister... 

I am also still waiting for proof that the guy from future forward supported Suthep. I would really like to know.

No it was not shared blame, stop trying to write downright lies. No sane leader of a country should ever use the army to control what was at that point a peaceful demonstration. In any normal country both Suthep and Abhishit would have been sent away by parliament and would have faced courts for their actions. Your shameful bullshit is a downright slap in the face for all the descendants of those 90 killed in cold blood. Descendants that to this day have not been given answers, have not seen justice, simply because the people involved are protected by the elite. 

The NACC so busy with minor little cases did not even found the case worthy of investigation, I know the reason why, you obviously don't, as I said before, you know precious little about this country, apart from your sweet little bubble. And it shows in your posts.  

Archived