Living in a quiet Issan village.

colinneil

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Well mate i have been having a s++t few hours after what happened, your post has given me a good laugh, thank you.

Regarding a tazer, it would not matter if my wife knew how to use it, being paraplegic i have no feeling.:cheesy:

Thank god your knob is safe....?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Well mate i will be getting a gun, because enough is enough, and believe me i have had enough.

If i had a gun last night the bar steward would be in hospital now, because i would have certainly used it, you are 1 of the only people on here who can understand my problem, it is bloody frightening being stuck on my bed, unable to stop things happening.

Yes Colin, I think you should get a gun, and never mind any laws that say you shouldn't. I always said and even acted on it back in the UK, if the police or courts will not do their job, then you do it yourself.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Yes Colin, I think you should get a gun, and never mind any laws that say you shouldn't. I always said and even acted on it back in the UK, if the police or courts will not do their job, then you do it yourself.

Not necessarily a gun that kills in my view, not worth th the hassle if you kill someone unarmed. 

If the fence is so easily jumped over , I would add another two feet of razor wire....nasty stuff, and will cut and rip the skin of anybody stupid enough to climb it. Lights and air horn are good suggestions. As for a Tazer, I am not sure they are legal for you in Thailand......the other thing would be a gun which your wife could purchase. You don't have to kill anybody, but a couple of shots will scare most people. Be good if you can get some blanks, but keep it quiet or the bad guys will know. So the first four shots are blanks, and then live bullets. But you will have to keep track of the shots you've fired. You could always say, "How many shots have I fired? So do you feel lucky punk....do you?"

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Not necessarily a gun that kills in my view, not worth th the hassle if you kill someone unarmed. 

Colin is in a wheelchair, anyone who tries to do him harm deserves to get killed, unarmed or not.

Anyway, Colin could not get anymore hassle than he has already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you know the "panic room" approach might be the most realistic solution. 

I don't know if you have huge bedroom windows or sliding glass doors, but if you can put bars on the windows and a exterior steel door for your bedroom you are good.

Metal-entry-doors-6.jpg

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

you know the "panic room" approach might be the most realistic solution. 

I don't know if you have huge bedroom windows or sliding glass doors, but if you can put bars on the windows and a exterior steel door for your bedroom you are here.

The windows in my bedroom have bars on, but the door and all of the wall the door is on is glass.

Reason for that was the first year i was home from hospital i was confined to my bed, the glass side was to give me a view of the outside, after all the recent goings on the glass wall was a bad idea, so we just have to live with it.

The door to my room is a glass sliding door.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

A bit long for self-defense, now the 15" Remington is a whole different ball game. 

Bit OTT , why not just connect his gate to the mains feed with a big puddle all around it. Switch it on at bedtime

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The windows in my bedroom have bars on, but the door and all of the wall the door is on is glass.

Reason for that was the first year i was home from hospital i was confined to my bed, the glass side was to give me a view of the outside, after all the recent goings on the glass wall was a bad idea, so we just have to live with it.

The door to my room is a glass sliding door.

well look on the bright side, this gives you a tactical advantage when you blast away with a shotgun. :cheesy: wide field of view. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Bit OTT , why not just connect his gate to the mains feed with a big puddle all around it. Switch it on at bedtime

It would certainly turbocharge the motability-scooter if he forgot to turn off before going out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

You sound like one of the good guys Colin and I empathize with your situation. But maybe it's time to think about your own well being and peace of mind and move to a more secure locale. From what I've read here and some of your other posts it seems you're trying to keep the wife and family happy by remaining there (and I get it, being married to a Thai also). But if you don't have a secure feeling when going to sleep your quality of life goes way down. Maybe it's time to put yourself 1st vs your family. I'm sure the idea of moving is completely unsettling but what toll is the anxiety having on you? All the alarms, lights and dogs in the world aren't going to help when they go off and the cops don't even show. And how long is it going to take for you to get back to sleep after all that commotion with no resolution? IMHO living with all that stress is just not worth it, we're only around so long on this planet and I'm sure your wife and her family love and respect you enough to understand that decision. As I wrote earlier, time to put yourself first.  

Good post mate, problem i have is being paraplegic i rely on my wife for most things that you can do for yourself

As my wife is also my carer, i must put her feelings first before my own.

Most other members on here can go to the toilet and do what is needed, i cant, i am permanently catheterised, and the other my wife has to clean for me.

It is now getting a very serious problem, and sadly i cannot find an easy solution.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

You sound like one of the good guys Colin and I empathize with your situation. But maybe it's time to think about your own well being and peace of mind and move to a more secure locale. From what I've read here and some of your other posts it seems you're trying to keep the wife and family happy by remaining there (and I get it, being married to a Thai also). But if you don't have a secure feeling when going to sleep your quality of life goes way down. Maybe it's time to put yourself 1st vs your family. I'm sure the idea of moving is completely unsettling but what toll is the anxiety having on you? All the alarms, lights and dogs in the world aren't going to help when they go off and the cops don't even show. And how long is it going to take for you to get back to sleep after all that commotion with no resolution? IMHO living with all that stress is just not worth it, we're only around so long on this planet and I'm sure your wife and her family love and respect you enough to understand that decision. As I wrote earlier, time to put yourself first.  

Well there is a plot of land either side of me for sale, the plus is Colin can listen to my serenade's near every day....?

• Haha 2

Just now, transam said:

Well there is a plot of land either side of me for sale, the plus is Colin can listen to my serenade's near every day....?

Bloody hell trans, you not think i got enough problems without listening to you screeching on all day.:cheesy::cheesy:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Bloody hell trans, you not think i got enough problems without listening to you screeching on all day.:cheesy::cheesy:

I'll have you know I am famous in this area for my talent, that's why the plots either side of me are still vacant....Ol' Trans ain't daft ya no......:guitar:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I'll have you know I am infamous in this area for my talent, that's why the plots either side of me are still vacant....Ol' Trans ain't daft ya no......:guitar:

Fixed it for you Trans.

• Haha 1