Living in a quiet Issan village.

colinneil

14 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Consider expanding the size of your household to include/accommodate another family member "on site".

Safety in numbers.

One of the benefits of living the traditional way.

Very true.

Bring social supports into it including,as I remarked before.the local abbot if you can do so.

My personal opinion-and mine only-is that you should ignore everyone who supports you buying a gun.

They are not the one's who are going to be in court when you pull the trigger.

My nondescript Thai dog would at least give fair warning of intruders..alarms and  security should scare them off...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Very true.

Bring social supports into it including,as I remarked before.the local abbot if you can do so.

My personal opinion-and mine only-is that you should ignore everyone who supports you buying a gun.

They are not the one's who are going to be in court when you pull the trigger.

My nondescript Thai dog would at least give fair warning of intruders..alarms and  security should scare them off...

A flashball won't kill and seems essential to own in this situation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash-ball

Image result for flashball

Edited by gaff
  • Like 2

Motion sensor lights with a bloody loud siren alarm along with razor wire atop the fence

sounds like the best suggestion. Any kind of weapon is definitely a last resort. Not sure if it

is true but I have read here on TV that shooting someone even during a home invasion will

lead to a murder/attempted murder charge. All that said if it comes down to it, better to

shoot and deal with the consequences than being killed yourself. Best of luck getting your

security beefed up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I just want to say a very BIG thank you to all the members who have offered moral support, constructive ideas.

Even me ole mate Transam, his silly jokes have given me a big laugh today, a day which has been a struggle, i have not eaten yet today, unable to face food.

Another thank you to the few members who normally disagree with me , post sad emojis, and generally have a go at me, thank you for at least staying silent.

A positive thing today, a good friend of mine in Selapum has spoken with me today, and said next time your wife is going to be away, call me i will come over stay with you, be your legs, thanks mate

Thank you one and all.

NO...not Trans...you will get his blasted music coming out of your ears.

Even 5 miles away my wife would pause and say..Truns..Truns...

Life was hell..?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

And maybe one of those cheap karaoke boxes they sell at Tesco Lotus with a mic near you and a external speaker mounted outside. You could plug in a old cellphone and playback any alarm sound you wanted. 

Sounds a bit like that famous scene from "Home Alone"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Well there is a plot of land either side of me for sale, the plus is Colin can listen to my serenade's near every day....?

This is falling into the realm of cruel and unusual punishment.

Pretty obvious the police are useless in the area. Maybe buying protection from the local mafia is a better option.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Your wife has stood by you and by all accounts is very infrequently away from your side so you need contingency planning for the next, very infrequent instance when she's not there; a backup plan.

The apprentice guard dog needs to be OFF the chain. If the dog is properly fed, it shouldn't be tempted with poisoned food. However, the quick-release chain latch suggested earlier would be good if it needs to be chained on 'standby'.

Get a backup guard dog.

Install a car alarm even if it's just for the panic button feature of the remote, ie. lights flashing, horn blasting.

Motion activated flood lights... most effective.

Razor wire... great deterrent.

The BiL and/or the carer should be made aware that they need to be on-point with their phone on for the 24 hours or whatever that you are on your tod. They can take turns at being your backup.

In my moobahn, like in countless others, there's a police 'visitors book' where cops on patrol stop and sign in. Yes, I know that the cops need to be paid to do this but it isn't a lot of money. If we stop paying them, they stop patrolling. That's country life but a small expense for another contingency, a backup. It does sound like your local plod are total clowns as I assume they are aware of your handicap. Since there's already been a murder across the street, I am pretty sure if you took any complaint about last night's no-show 'upstairs', it could get some action.

Good news that you have someone who has offered to come over the next time. If you were within 50 km of my home, I would be offering my services too. I'd even bring my Blantons and cigars. If you have a couple of stout trees about 4 meters apart, in the shade and not too many mossies, I can bring my hammock too.

Right now, you don't need firearms.

Thank you a very sensible useful post, sad thing is my carer is not the most reliable person.

The local plod are useless, they are fully aware of my situation, but that makes no difference to them.

It is now 20 hours since i called for help, still nothing, nor has anyone from the police called my wife, yet the lady last night was insistent i gave her my wifes number, which i did in both English and Thai.

People who can walk/ move about cannot possibly understand the feeling of being stuck not able to move.

Many paraplegics have more mobility than me, you see them leaning forward racing wheelchairs, i am unable to lean forward as my spine is held together with 4 titanium rods and 40 screws.

Even when i am sitting on my bed, i am not able to touch my feet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Colin is in a wheelchair, anyone who tries to do him harm deserves to get killed, unarmed or not.

Anyway, Colin could not get anymore hassle than he has already.

I know that, I think you are overreacting in my book, and sorry disagree he comes across as a guy whose not after sympathy shit happens in some peoples lives, a gun would be good for him to feel safe yes but killing people would not go down well in Thailand is my guess wheelchair or no wheelchair,  shotgun / rock-salt cartridges best solution IMHO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:
12 hours ago, JLCrab said:

Maybe with electronic ignition these days, you could put in a switch or similar to accomplish the same

Isn't there one built-in, which needs a key to operate it?

So are you suggesting that the guy casing the pick-up truck didn't realize he might need a key to start it?

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I know that, I think you are overreacting in my book, and sorry disagree he comes across as a guy whose not after sympathy shit happens in some peoples lives, a gun would be good for him to feel safe yes but killing people would not go down well in Thailand is my guess wheelchair or no wheelchair,  shotgun / rock-salt cartridges best solution IMHO. 

That guy who came into Colins place deserves to be killed, there is no place for anyone in a human society

who terrorises people in wheelchairs.

I am not in a wheelchair, and I would be happy to kill anyone who climbs the fence or gate on to my property seeking to harm me, my family or our property. after course checking that he is not someone I know.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

My carer has just been, helped me off my bed,  played back cctv, i know him says my carer.

So now just need the useless RTP got off their ar++s and do something.

Been outside, dog is limping on 3 legs, i cannot feel any broken bones, but her leg is very tender she jumps when i touch it.

I have had a quick look around, things moved but i think nothing has been taken.

Colin go with Crossie's flood light option at least, plus siren (if feasible) that you can operate, these sh..t bags don't like being lit up and a lot of noise, good luck anyhow!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Colin go with Crossie's flood light option at least, plus siren (if feasible) that you can operate, these sh..t bags don't like being lit up and a lot of noise, good luck anyhow!

Noise is a great deterrent. My GF has a large wire front gate on her property. I thought she was crazy when she had the wire covered with light gauge sheet metal. I've now realised it makes so much noise even when moved a little that it's a great burglar alarm.

If possible, get a Doberman. Anyone who tries to beat on one of them will quickly realise they have made a big mistake. Only death or a command can stop them.

19 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Noise is a great deterrent. My GF has a large wire front gate on her property. I thought she was crazy when she had the wire covered with light gauge sheet metal. I've now realised it makes so much noise even when moved a little that it's a great burglar alarm.

If possible, get a Doberman. Anyone who tries to beat on one of them will quickly realise they have made a big mistake. Only death or a command can stop them.

And the cost of one of those dogs......