Teachers to teach only — not doing any more general work

webfact

Teachers to teach only — not doing any more general work

27.png

Starting on October 1, teachers of public schools will not be required to do general affairs work so they can focus on teaching, said Education Minister Thirakiat Charoensatthasilp at the mobile cabinet meeting in Chumphon province on Monday.

The meeting was also attended by directors of regional and provincial educational offices.

The minister told the meeting that the Education Ministry had set aside a fund, amounting to about 3 billion baht, to hire general affairs teachers who will focus on doing general affairs work at their respective schools and janitors for every school across the country under the ministry’s supervision.

Noting that the ministry is getting less budget since 2018 fiscal year, Mr Thirakiat said he had instructed the Office of the Basic Education Commission to scale down or scrap projects which are deemed not essential so that there will be fund to implement other projects which are more useful such as the project to improve the accommodation for teachers.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/teachers-to-teach-only-not-doing-any-more-general-work/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-08-21

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

"to hire general affairs teachers who will focus on doing general affairs work at their respective schools and janitors for every school across the country"

Janitors? I don't what they're supposed to do, but it can't be cleaning. At my son's school the teacher picks someone from their class to clean the classroom.

19 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Janitors? I don't what they're supposed to do, but it can't be cleaning. At my son's school the teacher picks someone from their class to clean the classroom.

No, a janitor is supposed to keep maintenance and see to that all is working as it should regarding everything from equipment to heating, cooling air ventialtion and so on. They are like the repairman and have no cleaning duties at all. Sometimes they also are the caretakers of a garden if existing.

The enitity cleaning??? Hmmm... it must be the envorionment technichian you are searching for. Have to watch out for the defamation laws. :cheesy:

4 hours ago, connda said:

Groovy.  More time to have the little tykes stand at attention and sing patriotic songs and listen to moral stories.

... a southern university is in on the action as well...military trainers for freshman..... and bless those students they shut them down.. for now..

From the article “The minister told his audience that he did not intend to woo their votes because he is not a politician.  But he warned that newcoming administrators who are politicians will try to change or scrap the projects that were done or being done by the current administration to improve the livelihood of the teachers.

He urged the teachers to protest the politicians if the latter intend to scrap the useful projects.”

he might not be a politician, but he’s working for them!

How about focusing on encouraging and promoting the ideals of independent and critical thought - 

I know it's a bit challenging and novel, but.....

And remember always: Ministers are not politicians. ?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived