Ex-PM fires back at Prayut after his encounter with another Yingluck

webfact

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

First elected party list female PM and first female PM to be removed by a court for an abuse of power; first to become a fugitive by fleeing from a court verdict after promising never to leave and fight to the death on the field of democracy.

Same same only female.

Ah yes that's her. The elected PM of Thailand denied a legal election by Suthep's bully boy's. Who did indeed promise to stay and fight and FIGHT she did until the very near bitter end.

Seeing the obvious Junta Court doing what Junta Court's do she had to leave.

Surrounded by a HUGE Police cordon, Army everywhere, Airports closed off yet she managed to 'slip away' from the Hawk Eyed Junta with the two P's saying in unison  "we know nothing senor"

6 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Ah yes that's her. The elected PM of Thailand denied a legal election by Suthep's bully boy's. Who did indeed promise to stay and fight and FIGHT she did until the very near bitter end.

Seeing the obvious Junta Court doing what Junta Court's do she had to leave.

Surrounded by a HUGE Police cordon, Army everywhere, Airports closed off yet she managed to 'slip away' from the Hawk Eyed Junta with the two P's saying in unison  "we know nothing senor"

She was not the PM at the time of Suthep's antics, she was well-removed by that point by the Constitutional Court and a new PM was in place.  She was not denied a legal election, an ex-PM does not have that privilege!

"...Airports closed off yet she managed to 'slip away'..."

No airports were closed at the time of her escape, what are you blabbering about?

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

First elected party list female PM and first female PM to be removed by a court for an abuse of power;

To the victor (of successful coups) goes the spoils; to the victor goes the right to make the laws and prosecute those it see fit to prosecute; to the victor goes the ability to write history using the narrative of their choice.  Not taking sides (I have no dog in this fight), but just pointing out realities.  :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, I do agree, but my pointing out a deliberately false statement on the part of The Nation is not being a "stickler for details", it is pointing out a very salient fact particularly when the subject of what was overthrown, or who was ousted, by the coup is not a matter of opinion it is factual history.

Your opinion about the election and you anticipation of the results in your comment is irrelevant to my point so I will neither agree or disagree with that.

Well, I am delighted that you agree that the coup forestalled an entirely constitutional election.

I'm more than happy for opinions to differ on who would have won. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The Prayut government has vowed to bring the Shinawatra siblings back to Thailand to serve their prison sentences but so far, its efforts have not been fruitful, with Thaksin and Yingluck only wanted domestically.

They don't want the former PMs back...too much dirty laundry will be aired. The best thing that could have happened for the junta was for the previously elected leaders to leave the country quietly.

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

She was not the PM at the time of Suthep's antics, she was well-removed by that point by the Constitutional Court and a new PM was in place.  She was not denied a legal election, an ex-PM does not have that privilege!

No airports were closed at the time of her escape, what are you blabbering about?

Umh, I do rather think that she was the Prime Minister for quite a lot of the time in which Suthep was indulging in his "antics". The climax of Suthep's "antics" was quite probably intended (successfully, with a little help from his friends) to ensure that she was prevented from being re-elected and therefore appointed once more to the job...

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Come on, The Nation, the coup did not overthrow Yinglucks government, she was not the Prime Minister when the coup took place!   There was no military coup to oust her.

Actually the nation is correct, that government for all intend and purposes was Yingluck's government. That she was deposed just a week or so before is inconsequential. I bet you don't even remember who replaced her. The Nation does not claim that the coup ousted her, it claims that it ousted her government, and I believe that to be factual correct, as referenced earlier.

One could also say that her removal as PM was simply act one of the coup. No on seconds thoughts, It WAS act one. 

But good to see that some of the Junta fanboys really believe she abused her powers as PM for some assignment that happened three years earlier. And are then unsuccessfully trying to suggest the coup was somewhat legal or less illegal. One wonders why they even try, no-one is this daft. 

6 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No  she was not removed by that point, if you are trying to correct other members, it might help to get your facts straight. Yingluck was removed by the constitutional court on 7-5-2014, Suthep disrupting a general election (a criminal offense) happened on February 2nd, when Yingluck was the acting care taker PM of Thailand. And yes Suthep denied her, and the Thai electorate an election, that was fully constitutional and approved by the head of state. But of course the constitution should only be honoured by anyone that is not part of the elite, the elite, just throws it away and drafts a new one. I am so surprised that there are still people on this earth that don't see the gross injustice and inequality. It is impossible to deny, and it gives the other side the upper hand, morally and legally. 

As to his blabbering, maybe read it again,, it's called irony. 

13 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Good for her. He stole the PM job and history will not be kind to him.  Yingluck, Thailand's first elected female PM, will be remembered for stoically resisting the bullyboys.

Yes she kept her dignity in the face of vile sexist slurs and bullying misogyny. 

10 hours ago, chama said:

They don't want the former PMs back...too much dirty laundry will be aired. The best thing that could have happened for the junta was for the previously elected leaders to leave the country quietly.

Could of.

Just thought I'd join the current controversy.

By the way, Prayuth is a snidely unfunny graceless little creep, isn't he? . It sickens me most to see his fawning sycophants

5 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Actually the nation is correct, that government for all intend and purposes was Yingluck's government. That she was deposed just a week or so before is inconsequential. I bet you don't even remember who replaced her. The Nation does not claim that the coup ousted her, it claims that it ousted her government, and I believe that to be factual correct, as referenced earlier.

One could also say that her removal as PM was simply act one of the coup. No on seconds thoughts, It WAS act one. 

But good to see that some of the Junta fanboys really believe she abused her powers as PM for some assignment that happened three years earlier. And are then unsuccessfully trying to suggest the coup was somewhat legal or less illegal. One wonders why they even try, no-one is this daft. 

Point taken, Sjaak, but Act One of the Coup took place a long time earlier when the Pitak Siam demonstrations held just months after the accession took place and fizzled out. BUt maybe really when Prayuth and Suthep decided in 2011 to oust Yingluck. Or when the army not only stood over the police when they were trying to enforce the law against invasion and destruction of public property against Suthep' s thugs but even had their own operatives (Navy SEALs for instance) acting as bodyguards and muscle for SUthep.

15 hours ago, yellowboat said:

He still thinks he is the savior of Thailand yet he has accomplished virtually nothing. 

This is what deep psychotic and grandeur - with a dusting of Thainess - sociopathy looks like...

14 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I advise you to read my post more carefully. She was caretaker PM and your hero Suthep stooped the legal election.  The airports were closed TO HER. I'd do a tad more research if I were you.

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

I advise you to read my post more carefully. She was caretaker PM and your hero Suthep stooped the legal election.  The airports were closed TO HER. I'd do a tad more research if I were you.

Thanks for your unwanted, and unneeded, advice.

She was caretaker PM until she was removed from the position by the CC for abuse of power at which point she was not PM.  She had travelled out of Thailand a number of times after her arrest, legally, and had returned, the airports were not "closed to her"!  

I'd do a tad more research if I were you.

5 hours ago, tomta said:

Point taken, Sjaak, but Act One of the Coup took place a long time earlier when the Pitak Siam demonstrations held just months after the accession took place and fizzled out. BUt maybe really when Prayuth and Suthep decided in 2011 to oust Yingluck. Or when the army not only stood over the police when they were trying to enforce the law against invasion and destruction of public property against Suthep' s thugs but even had their own operatives (Navy SEALs for instance) acting as bodyguards and muscle for SUthep.

I rather suspect that act one was a discusion over a bottle of Johny Walker in the TV room of the Officers Mess as the election results were coming in!

Didn't Suthep say something along those lines at the "after coup party"?

16 hours ago, wgdanson said:

They do not speak English in Australia or USA.  The use of OF instead of HAVE has come with the use of texting, it is easier to type 2 letters instead of 4. 

Started way before texting when the less attentive in English, grammar and comprehension class in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand heard could've, should've or would've but turned it into could of, should of and would of when they had to write it.

Ignorant, the lot of 'em and that includes the education system that enabled teachers to turn a blind eye to this slapping them up the side of the head.

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Thanks for your unwanted, and unneeded, advice.

She was caretaker PM until she was removed from the position by the CC for abuse of power at which point she was not PM.  She had travelled out of Thailand a number of times after her arrest, legally, and had returned, the airports were not "closed to her"!  

I'd do a tad more research if I were you.

Again, at the time of Suthep's antics as you called them, she was not yet removed from office. Which simply invalidates the <deleted> you are claiming.

As to airports being closed for her, she indeed travelled abroad a few times, and each time she HAD to get approval for any of those trips from the NCPO.

What he is alluding to, and what anyone that "did do their research" would understand is that she was a high profile suspect of what could be called the case of a decade, at least from a Junta's perspective, and was still able to leave the country a few days before the verdict was due to be read. Now this could be utter incompetence, or they could have allowed her to leave due to fear of turning her into a martyr or thoughts along those line, or both. 

2 hours ago, JAG said:

I rather suspect that act one was a discusion over a bottle of Johny Walker in the TV room of the Officers Mess as the election results were coming in!

Didn't Suthep say something along those lines at the "after coup party"?

Yes I believe he did, but I doubt he was speaking the truth. To my knowledge Prayuth has never confirmed any of Suthep's claims. In any case, his remarks are hopefully not forgotten by the people that do matter, the Thai electorate. I am dying to see how many votes this new party reels in, I guess that apart from a few areas down south, precious little. 

22 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

If Thaksin and his puppet really feel that Thailand lacks their leadership why do they not come back and be legally involved?  They are so pure and forthright.  

If you feel that you have been done wrong then come back and face the p[eople.  Let the people and their courts decide what happens.

The "people" as you call them have no rights or say in the way that the currently run.

As for the courts they will do as they are told to do unless of course you believe that all the justice systems in Thailand are pure and clean and have no corruption at all.

If that is so then you are in the wrong country. LaLa land is only a hop, skip and a jump away.

20 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

I would say absolutely nothing, not even the control of the lottery price.

That is not quite correct as I saw quite a few 80 baht lottery tickets yesterday. However they were only single tickets but if you wanted more tickets with the same number perhaps 2, 3, 4 or 5 they were 100 baht per ticket per set.

On 8/22/2018 at 4:39 PM, sjaak327 said:

Yes I believe he did, but I doubt he was speaking the truth. To my knowledge Prayuth has never confirmed any of Suthep's claims. In any case, his remarks are hopefully not forgotten by the people that do matter, the Thai electorate. I am dying to see how many votes this new party reels in, I guess that apart from a few areas down south, precious little. 

He has not confirmed them but he has never categorically denied the claims. I believe that Suthep for once in his life was telling the truth.

Archived