Superdry co-founder gives 1 million pounds to campaign for second Brexit vote

webfact

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Why do you think they don’t accept that they lost that vote? I think they accept that they lost that vote, and now move on with their cause. 

No one is denying you that you won. Everyone accepts that you won. People have moved on to the next round. That’s how democracy works. 

Quote from your post  "Why do you think they don’t accept that they lost that vote? I think they accept that they lost that vote, and now move on with their cause."

Unfortunately so many Remainers STILL do not accept the result and want to reverse it. I can't explain it to you because you don't want to understand.

Take a look at the many threads on Brexit and how many Remainers want to reverse the result so that THEIR vote wins and they get their way.

They like everybody else had the choice to vote back in 2016. They were not forced to. Both sides lied during the campaign but the outcome was simply leave or remain. David Cameron said that the government will carry out the wish of the winning side.

The current government are reluctantly doing so but they are doing it.

Let them get on with it and at the next general election in the UK if you are a registered voter you can have your protest vote.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Unfortunately so many Remainers STILL do not accept the result and want to reverse it.

Let’s not mix up two different things here:

1. Reversing the vote can only be done by declaring it null and void. That’s a legal process. 

2. Accepting the vote as a fact and moving on. Moving on can mean:

2.1. Keep fighting for the cause, e.g. through campaigning for another referendum

2.2. Giving up. 

I can't explain it to you because you don't want to understand.

I think you don’t understand that there’s a difference between accepting and giving up. What you ask is that all remainers please give up. But it’s their right to not do so. 

Let them get on with it and at the next general election in the UK if you are a registered voter you can have your protest vote.

I’m afraid that’s the decision of the people. Taking away their right to campaign, protest, and ask for another referendum would be pretty anti-democratic. 

12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

There is no justification for denying citizens their democratic rights to call for another vote. 

Don’t know what you’ve been reading, but the economic downsides and exposure of brexiteer misleading campaign promises (nhs funding for one) have become a lot clearer since the vote. 

Isn't an extra £20 billion per year going to be given to the NHS ....monies to be paid for by extra taxation but also the "Brexit dividend". ..

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jun/16/may-to-unveil-20-billion-pound-a-year-nhs-boost

8 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Isn't an extra £20 billion per year going to be given to the NHS ....monies to be paid for by extra taxation but also the "Brexit dividend". ..

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jun/16/may-to-unveil-20-billion-pound-a-year-nhs-boost

The money has not come from any “brexit dividend”. 

It’s money that that could be spent on the nhs regardless of brexit. 

“Last night, some Remain-supporting Tory MPs said the timing and content of the announcement was “cynical” and designed to give a misleading impression that Brexit would make the country better able to fund public services.”

Just a typical Tory slight of hand. 

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

The money has not come from any “brexit dividend”. 

It’s money that that could be spent on the nhs regardless of brexit. 

"Government sources said the increases, which would be paid for in part by a “Brexit dividend”, would amount to around £600m a week extra for the NHS in cash terms within six years."

6 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes, the government claims that there will be a Brexit dividend. What the government doesn't say is that since the most likely result of Brexit will be a slowing of the economy, whatever "dividend" may be realized by exiting the EU will most likely be lessened if not eliminated by lowered tax revenue. 

Anyway, the realization of the plan is dubious given the Tory devotion to lowering taxes on the rich.

4 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

"Government sources said the increases, which would be paid for in part by a “Brexit dividend”, would amount to around £600m a week extra for the NHS in cash terms within six years."

“Last night, some Remain-supporting Tory MPs said the timing and content of the announcement was “cynical” and designed to give a misleading impression that Brexit would make the country better able to fund public services.”

Plus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-44495598

Just now, Bluespunk said:

"some Remain-supporting Tory MPs "

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

Yes, the government claims that there will be a Brexit dividend. What the government doesn't say is that since the most likely result of Brexit will be a slowing of the economy, whatever "dividend" may be realized by exiting the EU will most likely be lessened if not eliminated by lowered tax revenue. 

Anyway, the realization of the plan is dubious given the Tory devotion to lowering taxes on the rich.

As no-one really knows what's going to happen I can only assume that's speculation on your part.

6 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

"some Remain-supporting Tory MPs "

Yep.

Just as brexiteer tories claim it is a brexit dividend. 

May has provided no evidence brexit will fund the proposed increases. 

Read the bbc report attached to that post. 

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

As no one really knows what's going to happen, the extra funding for the NHS is only speculation on your part.

I didn't speculate, I reported what the Government had stated and had been printed in the media...whether it happens or not is another matter...

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Yep.

Just as brexiteer tories claim it is a brexit dividend. 

May has provided no evidence brexit will fund the proposed increases. 

Read the bbc report attached to that post. 

What report ?

6 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

As no-one really knows what's going to happen I can only assume that's speculation on your part.

Wonderfully droll old chap.

And by the logic of your own statement, the government’s claims of a ‘Brexit Dividend’ are also pure speculation.

The Government’s promise to spend the speculative ‘Brexit Dividend’ on the NHS, pure fantasy.

3 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I didn't speculate, I reported what the Government had stated and had been printed in the media...whether it happens or not is another matter...

It's a matter of fact that the government said it. It's a matter of speculation whether or not the government will enact it.

6 hours ago, bristolboy said:

It's a matter of fact that the government said it. It's a matter of speculation whether or not the government will enact it.

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Wonderfully droll old chap.

And by the logic of your own statement, the government’s claims of a ‘Brexit Dividend’ are also pure speculation.

The Government’s promise to spend the speculative ‘Brexit Dividend’ on the NHS, pure fantasy.

I quoted a soundbite from the government with evidence to back me up. As I said, whether they enact on their promises is another kettle of fish.

The poster just speculated.

Just for the record, I voted to remain but I'm not going to shout that it's all doom and gloom. The biggest problem is that we are throwing ourselves into the unknown but I'm a positive guy and like to think we can come out of it relatively unscathed. Time will tell.

Just make it simple.

Keep all the trade deals, keep all the daft laws that Brussels comes up with and generally ignore them as people do.

Just change the Imm' laws.

No quals, no job can't get in.

No access to public funds if you haven't worked for a year.

All medical treatment to be paid for if you're an Immigrant that hasn't worked. No whole families allowed in because your brother has been there for a year.

No job no money go home, airfare paid ( cheap )

Why not, it's almost how they would treat my Thai wife if we decided to go live in UK.

35 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Just make it simple.

Keep all the trade deals, keep all the daft laws that Brussels comes up with and generally ignore them as people do.

Just change the Imm' laws.

No quals, no job can't get in.

No access to public funds if you haven't worked for a year.

All medical treatment to be paid for if you're an Immigrant that hasn't worked. No whole families allowed in because your brother has been there for a year.

No job no money go home, airfare paid ( cheap )

Why not, it's almost how they would treat my Thai wife if we decided to go live in UK.

Are you referring to EU migrants or those from outwith the EU? The UK has had an arsenal of EU rules at its disposal that could have seen most of the EU non-contributors repatriated swiftly and legally, but chose not to use them. 

Britain doesn’t need to ‘take back control’ of immigration. We already have it

32 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Are you referring to EU migrants or those from outwith the EU? The UK has had an arsenal of EU rules at its disposal that could have seen most of the EU non-contributors repatriated swiftly and legally, but chose not to use them. 

Britain doesn’t need to ‘take back control’ of immigration. We already have it

If born in the EU and with a job to come to no problem. Many are needed during harvesting times etc, they come to UK and then go home, not a problem.

Just don't want economic migrants from 'you know where' arriving and getting life handed to them on a plate. 

UK having the same rules as Thailand would suit me fine.

2 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

desperate remainers with blair and clegg clutching straws for another wont happen ref ''march is final

If you agree divorce terms on your lawyer's advice and then later find out your lawyer was 'economical with the truth' and mis-directed you then you have reason to get a change in the agreement.

Archived